Bangkok governor expects more tourists to visit Thailand

webfact

BKK governor expects more tourists to visit Thailand

33011-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- More foreign tourists are expected to visit Bangkok after the city was rated highly for its air quality standard out of 28 cities worldwide by Airport Parking and Hotel.

Bangkok Governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra said in his Facebook page that it was indeed a welcome news that the Airport Parking and Hotel of England presented a research work about air quality in 28 cities which showed Thailand’s air quality as being “good” and “the best” compared to those in 27 other countries.

This research work would encourage more tourists to visit Bangkok, he said adding that more green areas will be made available throughout the city. He thanked city dwellers for helping reduce pollution and for easing tension among the people.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bkk-governor-expects-more-tourists-to-visit-thailand

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-12-03

"He thanked city dwellers for helping reduce pollution and for easing tension among the people". blink.png Really? Where, pray tell?giggle.gif

Brought to you by the Governor who instructed that foreigners should pay two and a half times more than Thai to hire a boat to tour the floating markets !

Really tourist friendly.

So somewhere in the world a tourist is trying to decide where to take his/her holiday when they come across

a survey that says that the air quality in Bkk is up there on the list of cities with clean air, Eureka !!! they exclaimed

and rush to book a trip to Bkk.... ( yeah, right... )

So somewhere in the world a tourist is trying to decide where to take his/her holiday when they come across

a survey that says that the air quality in Bkk is up there on the list of cities with clean air, Eureka !!! they exclaimed

and rush to book a trip to Bkk.... ( yeah, right... )

Maybe I'm wildly off the beam here but I'd suggest that if someone mentions Bkk to the average intending tourist clean air is the last thing that comes to mind. ?

Bangkok Governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra said in his Facebook page.

I stopped using Facebook, twitter and linkedin years ago, due to the amount of Bull s**t that people put on their pages, just because its on Face book don't mean its true.

"He thanked city dwellers for helping reduce pollution and for easing tension among the people". blink.png Really? Where, pray tell?giggle.gif

He got up on his gold plated podium, were the masses of people were standing in his awe, then gave the most amazing speech that will go down in history........Then he woke up and said"OH! what is that hand doing on my C**K.

Sweet god - Things must be bad if Bangkok is promoting its air quality as a tourist draw!

On your average day sukhumvits smells of a odd mixture of exhaust fumes, vomit, feces, used cooking oil and urine which seems to combine in a rather sweet, by nauseating odour.

I have seen a lot of air pollution in Bangkok. More than I like.

But the green trucks which measure the pollution show up a lot of bulls..t numbers e.g. 0.0 ng CO2.

Amaising Thailand or FAKE. Its up to you who you believe.

I've never seen those green trucks. Is that how they measure in Bangkok?

In Europe they have fixed measurestations right along busy roads.

Actually if you think about it he might be right to a certain degree. The vast majority of tourists to this Country these days are Chinese. We all know just how polluted the air is in most Chinese cities, with the ever increasing number of Chinese middle class seeking holidays abroad I should imagine that clean air quality at their destination city would be high on their wish list.

AIR QUALITY ?? <deleted>. i have caught Bronchitis,breathing in Bangkok fumes, travelled the world me, and never any problems before. someone is telling lies, . AGAIN !!

http://aqicn.org/city/bangkok/

Airquality in bkk has 20 right now which is GOOD.

Khonkaen has 893 which is HAZARDOUS.

http://aqicn.org/city/thailand/khonkaen/

Anything else sir?

How can it be 893 in KK?

People travel based on " Air quality " ? I think . if warnings issued, ( Beijing ? ), they might stay away but nor otherwise,

they will go where there are nice/imteresting things/places and nothing here has changed in the last 25 years. No theme parks, marinelands,no safe forms of transportation, most " tourist " sites badly need maintenance, scams and other crimes on the rise,extreme traffic congestion,lax law enforcement,dual pricing for foreigners, but...............

they will come here to breath !

AIR QUALITY ?? <deleted>. i have caught Bronchitis,breathing in Bangkok fumes, travelled the world me, and never any problems before. someone is telling lies, . AGAIN !!

http://aqicn.org/city/bangkok/

Airquality in bkk has 20 right now which is GOOD.

Khonkaen has 893 which is HAZARDOUS.

http://aqicn.org/city/thailand/khonkaen/

Anything else sir?

How can it be 893 in KK?

Because that's what the metre is telling. wai2.gif

Khonkaen had 893 for the last 2 days, nonstop day or night. There must be a huge fire there or so i guess. Of course there can't be anything wrong with the metre because TIT.

Edited by Thian