1 Way ticket to thailand

I have booked a 1 way ticket to Bangkok 15/12/2015 will I have any complications with no return or onwards ticket? I have no visas for any country in South east Asia but intend to travel via land around Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam And Burma should I be more prepared or just do everything at the borders?

Cheers!

Your problem will be when you try to check in for your departing flight. Airlines are required to enforce the ongoing or return ticket regulations and most are pretty strict about it. If you don't have any form of ongoing ticket, you can be and probably will be refused boarding. Sometimes they may accept proof of hotel or other accommodation bookings in another country as proof of overland travel but I would consider that a long shot.

The usual solution is to book an outbound flight in a ticket class and airline that allows cancellation and refund. Then, once you are in Thailand, you can cancel it if you wish.

Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia and Vietnam are popular ongoing destinations but as I said, you'll have to find an airline that gives refunds if you don't intend to use it.

Edited by dddave
  • Like 1

Sorry I can not comment on Thai airways specifically,maybe others can assist with that.

I tried to explain to Qatar Airways that I would leave Thailand in the 30 day period and that I actually have children here,they were having none of it so the quick fix was the ticket.

Either Kuala Lumpur or Phnom Phen are the cheapest places to buy a one way ticket to.

Ironically I came back with Royal Jordanian this time and was on a return but for three months later,in this instance I already pre booked a cheap ticket,of course as luck would have it they never bothered to ask me about visas or proof of onward tickets.

Do let us know how you get on when you finally leave,happy travels.

Cheers.

• Like 1

whistling.gif As was mentioned you may have problems boarding the flight to Thailand because of airline policy.

The best and cheapest deal is for you to get a 60 day single tourist visa to Thailand before you leave. That visa will stop the airlines from questioning you about your one way ticket as you have a Thai visa.

If you do want to visit other countries while in Southeast Asia Your Thai visa being single entry expires when you do leave Thailand anyhow.

Problem solved.

I have read through forums and people have said that the 60 day visas are pointless but if it's cheaper to do that then book s flight out I may aswell do that. Ho long would a visa take and where to apply that isn't a scam?

Cheers

If I was to get a 60 day tourist visa stayed there 59 days travelled through Cambodia etc and then came back into Thailand how long extra would I get 15 or 30 days?

Cheers

You would get 30 days as a UK passport holder.

A single entry tourist visa can be obtained by post from London or in person.

http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/60

Edited by stoneyboy

I have read through forums and people have said that the 60 day visas are pointless but if it's cheaper to do that then book s flight out I may aswell do that. Ho long would a visa take and where to apply that isn't a scam?

Cheers

In the UK Thai visas can be obtained from the Thai Embassy or one of the Thai consulates.

There is no "scam" involved ........................

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/401

Jack22 you need to do a lot more research, your buying a cheap flight to Singapore, but its one of the most expensive cities in SEA, and if your planning to visit the countries, Sing is out of the way

Look at he Airasia website to see flights from BKK to closer countries ,

Get a multi entry visa from your home country before you leave, take a look at the Thai consulate website in your country, as you don't say your nationality I can't give you the link

Most airlines won't allow you to fly if you have a one-way flight and no visa

You're best option would be to get a single entry tourist visa (SETV) giving you a 60 day stay that can be extended at immigration by a further 30 days (1,900 baht). You don't need to have an onward flight out of Thailand.

You can get the SETV from any Consulate in person or the Embassy in London by post (3-5 working days) or in person.

Cheers

What have you been reading ?

There is no scam when applying for a visa

Research comes with asking these questions mate any help is appreciated. I'm british can you send a link?

What country would you suggest then?

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/pdf/v4-visa-application-pack-2015.pdf

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/pdf/v4-visa-application-pack-2015.pdf

Flights or overland to Cambodia and Vietnam, Vietnam does not require a visa for stays less the 15 days for UK passport

Google is a lot quicker for the same results, your questions to be honest have been asked hundreds of times if not thousands, thats why I said research

https://www.google.com/search?q=one+way+ticket+to+thailand&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=flying+to+thailand+one+way+ticket

EDIT 2nd link should have been this

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/index.php

Edited by donnybay

I agree with those suggesting you get a visa in advance. One route you might consider is to fly from Bangkok to Hanoi, then take the train down the coast, stopping in cities such as Da Nang and Hue and maybe a side trip into the Central Highlands along the way to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) (See www.seat61.com for great train info)

From Saigon, bus/boat into Cambodia via Cao Doc in the Mekong Delta. A day or 2 in Phnom Penh then on to Angkor Wat.

Edited by dddave

They asked for a return ticket but in actuality they wanted to see a ticket outta Thailand, so I purchased a £20 from Krabi to Penang. It worked.

So you flew from Krabi to Penang for B1080 can you give the source please?

No wait I will be honest, I don't believe you

You dont get it. I didnt fly, I didnt have to.

And yes it was an itinerary for last December, a year back.

I dont give a hoot if you believe me or not. I will post it here after an excavation in my emails stack whenever I find time.

In the meantime check what I found after a quick search. Same company.

12313950_1663395293903676_46384750812663

Edited by mpa
  • Like 2

Okay, geting a single entry tourist visa ? Well, it's going to cost money to travel to the Thai Embassy, and the visa application fee must also be paid. If you apply for the visa by post, well, they still charge you the fee, and I think there is an admin fee for doing it by post.

Now then, if you look for a cheap flight from Bangkok to Cambodia, the cheapest flight from anywhere in Thailand to outside of Thailand, (the flight ticket must be less than 30 days after your entrance into Thailand), well, that flight ticket might be cheaper than getting the single entry tourist visa !! :)

Ha, I've just had a quick look at the AirAsia website. You can buy a plane ticket from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpa for 1500 baht, that's thirty British pounds, and you fly in early January.

So, if you buy the AirAsia plane ticket, that's going to be cheaper than getting the visa. And once you're in Thailand, if you don't want to go to Malaysia, well, just throw away the ticket.

Or, 2350 baht will buy you a plane ticket to Cambodia, Phnom Penh, a place you might actually want to go ! That's from Bangkok, fly in early January.

Do you mind if I call you unbeliever, donnybay?

What reason do I have to lie for when I said I purchased a £20 ticket from Thailand to Penang?

I happen to be an expert on finding the cheapest fares.

12346327_1663398433903362_49052525529527

Edited by mpa
  • Like 1

What reason do I have to lie for when I said I purchased a £20 ticket from Thailand to Penang?

I stand corrected and also apologize in not believing you, whenever I seem to look for regional flights they always seem much higher , but there does seem some good deals out of Pattaya at the momnet

• Like 1

That screenshot is the 1st page, not the page once you click on "Continue" then they add up all other charges & fees for the airport, fuel & their "handling" fee laugh.png

That screenshot is the 1st page, not the page once you click on "Continue" then they add up all other charges & fees for the airport, fuel & their "handling" fee laugh.png

I think the price IS actually 890 baht. :)

That price includes the other charges. The only small problem is, Air Asia's baggage allowance might not be as big as the allowance you had when flying from Britain to Thailand.