F1 2016

Basil B

Now 55 grid penalty places...

Seems they have fitted a lot of engine parts equalling three complete engines, I think I saw this coming, I assume that Lewis has a shedload of nearly new parts that can now be used without further penalty. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I can not see the stewards or controllers of F1 being able to do anything, they can not respectively change the rules as they will have to look at other drivers/teams too and it will almost certainly trigger a big legal fight, introduce new rules before the end of the season will be unfair to teams/drivers who may wish to use the same tactics.

Bring on the rain... lots of safety cars and a red flag or two... and Lewis may well win the race to really rub it in.

Edited by Basil B

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Now 55 grid penalty places...

Seems they have fitted a lot of engine parts equalling three complete engines, I think I saw this coming, I assume that Lewis has a shedload of nearly new parts that can now be used without further penalty. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I can not see the stewards or controllers of F1 being able to do anything, they can not respectively change the rules as they will have to look at other drivers/teams too and it will almost certainly trigger a big legal fight, introduce new rules before the end of the season will be unfair to teams/drivers who may wish to use the same tactics.

The Germans are clever, but maybe a bit too cheaty for the good of the sport. This option was talked already when the summer break started. I guess other teams hoped that the Germans would not go that way, but they did. 

Bring on the rain... lots of safety cars and a red flag or two... 

Weather Forecast for today's race:

• Temp 24c
  • Wind 070 14-21mph
  • Humidity 72%
  • Feels Like 31c
  • Precipitation (rain) 0
  • Cloud Cover 35%
  • Storm Risk 0%

So looks like Lewis will just have to push hard...

Edited by Basil B

As it turned out, the start was chaos and consequently the running order rapidly changed :lol:!

The non-existent stewarding was embarrassing and worrying as the stewards couldn't be bothered to even investigate any of the incidents.....

Max still thinks he did nothing wrong  - and intends to drive the same way in the future.

In a way it's nice to see some action on the track. Then again, it seems that the wonderboy Max is given a free to do anything card at the moment. 

He might be the future Senna or Schumacher, if he survives that far. The other option is that there will be 'Has Max crashed yet' website made for him. 

There is a chance that F1 is going to be sold to US based Liberty Media next Tuesday.

I'd guess the European F1 fans are not too keen to see that happen, but it might be what F1 needs - improvement of the show. 

If we ignore the Mercedes, the competition is quite close. Vettel got the pole and Räikkönen is next to him. Bottas and Ricardo took the next row. 

I'll hope Verstappen will not crash with the Ferraris tomorrow at the start. :)

Sebastian Vettel    Germany    Ferrari    1:21.972
Kimi Raikkonen    Finland    Ferrari    1:22.065
Valtteri Bottas    Finland    Williams-Mercedes    1:22.388
Daniel Ricciardo    Autralian    Red Bull-Tag Heuer    1:23.389
Max Verstappen    Netherlands    Red Bull-Tag Heuer    1:22.411
Sergio Perez    Mexico    Force India-Mercedes    1:22.814
Nico Hulkenberg    Germany    Force India-Mercedes    1:22.836
Esteban Gutierrez    Mexico    Haas-Ferrari    1:23.184

Edited by Guest

I guess Button is going to have similar role as Schumacher had with Ferrari before. Advisor, who'll guide the team to go forward? Then again, Dennis is saying that Button has a possibility to come back as race driver in 2018. 

Who knows, few drivers have taken a year or two off from F1 and have then come back. Maybe Button is going to do the same?

As Massa said, he'll retire, there is at least one spot open for Williams. Button was one of the drivers, who could have taken that seat. Who might be driving for Williams for next year?

And seriously, Hamilton.. he is just an arse. I have not learned to respect his personality and his constant, vague Trump like 'I'm so humble' , 'best track and fans ever', 'I love my team' statements. This on goes over the top. This was after he already said that he would never thought to be mentioned in the same sentence with Senna. This was after two current F1 drivers announced their retirement.

He is just a common cuckoo. Hamilton is not an gentleman, not even a good personality. There is simply no respect for others. Everything is about himself. 

I'll hope there will still be some real British drivers left on the F1 in 2017. I don't count the little rap artist Hamilton as one.  

I guess Button is going to have similar role as Schumacher had with Ferrari before. Advisor, who'll guide the team to go forward? Then again, Dennis is saying that Button has a possibility to come back as race driver in 2018. 

Who knows, few drivers have taken a year or two off from F1 and have then come back. Maybe Button is going to do the same?

As Massa said, he'll retire, there is at least one spot open for Williams. Button was one of the drivers, who could have taken that seat. Who might be driving for Williams for next year?

And seriously, Hamilton.. he is just an arse. I have not learned to respect his personality and his constant, vague Trump like 'I'm so humble' , 'best track and fans ever', 'I love my team' statements. This on goes over the top. This was after he already said that he would never thought to be mentioned in the same sentence with Senna. This was after two current F1 drivers announced their retirement.

He is just a common cuckoo. Hamilton is not an gentleman, not even a good personality. There is simply no respect for others. Everything is about himself. 

[/url]  

I'll hope there will still be some real British drivers left on the F1 in 2017. I don't count the little rap artist Hamilton as one.  

It is hard not to think of Hamilton as The Checkered Shag.Hunt got away with it on Personality Plus,but Mansell Moss Hill et all still personify a nicer age

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 hours ago, Mosha said:

Which idiot was responsible for the restart? That marshal was lucky.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

I know what you mean - but back in the 'old days' the guy waving the chequered flag at the end of the race would stand in the middle of the track (IIRC)!

If the marshall hadn't been told that the race was 'back on' again - then whoever was responsible for not telling him needs to be demoted to a less important position.

5 hours ago, daveAustin said:

'bout time they gave Hamilton a reliable car, innit, or at least Rosberg have some of his mechanical issues. From the outside it almost looks like he's being throttled...

For once Lewis was off the boil...

It was not just technical issues, Lewis was just not his usual self   ...Unless Lewis the great showman through the race to put some zing back into the championship, with the great fightback to retake the crown???

• 2 weeks later...

Probably he is pushing them the hardest.

Though if I were in his place I may well be thinking the same...

As he said there are 8 drivers out there with Mercedes power units, why always me?

Red Bull and Ferrari must be thinking of making a approach in the next few days.