F1 2016

Basil B

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hamilton is given 'new' tires for the race.

Something was said about the possibility yesterday, but I missed why. Probably safety related.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Seems like the embedded tweets are not shown on mobile client. Here is the copy.

"Pirelli say Hamilton, all of whose tyres are damaged, will be given a set with identical mileage to the ones he used in Q2, even if not his"

"Dear Twitter, Hamilton is not getting "special treatment" with tyres. It's the rules. See article 24.4g of the FIA sporting regulations"

Hands up all those who got the winner wrong, Hamilton's place wrong, the number of safety cars/red flags/black flags wrong, etc, etc.

Back to school, you lot!

(and that's why I try not to predict anything biggrin.png )

PS. Well done Rosberg, good on yer Vettel and Perez, tough titties Hamilton (learn how to take left hand corners), time to retire Button.

Hamilton is given 'new' tires for the race.

Something was said about the possibility yesterday, but I missed why. Probably safety related.

He flat spotted them...

time to retire Button.

Oh, don't get me started on Button - the most overrated driver ever. Because I get English commentators on my broadcast I have to put up with a litany of 'world champion' Button performance excuses. He fluked that '09 championship; he has never been in the class of HAM, ALO, VET, etc

A few of the top drivers are complaining about the radio ban.

... meaning Hamilton
Kimi, Vettel, Alonso, etc...

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/16340952/fernando-alonso-f1-radio-ban-pointless-spaceship-cars

Edited by Mosha

... meaning Hamilton
Kimi, Vettel, Alonso, etc...

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/16340952/fernando-alonso-f1-radio-ban-pointless-spaceship-cars

43 seconds in.

[url=http://youtu.be/q6dpHsWwBes]

I really think this is a generation issue. The older drivers will have a lot more problems with the radio ban. And Hamilton, as he prefers partying with Justin Bieber over doing his homework in the simulator.

Edited by Gulfsailor

... meaning Hamilton

Missed most of yesterdays race but heard one snippet... Driver had asked a question not sure what, but the commentary went like this:

Engineer: Can't tell you...

Driver: just tell me Yes or No...

Engineer: Can't...

Are they going to give drivers penalties for abusing engineers next???

The presenters started to sound like old aunties, when they were complaining about the swearing on the team radio.

Maybe it's time to do some changes to the TV crew.

tati.png

Williams noted that at some point Bottas top speed was 378km/h, which is likely the fasted speed on F1 race/qualifications.

The presenters started to sound like old aunties, when they were complaining about the swearing on the team radio.

Maybe it's time to do some changes to the TV crew.

tati.png

Williams noted that at some point Bottas top speed was 378km/h, which is likely the fasted speed on F1 race/qualifications.

They should get rid of blabber-mouth David Croft. Can't stand the useless verbal-diarrhoea spouting idiot.

As for the radio ban, surely if the driver needs to know a setting they could code it, as in:

"I can't tell you" = setting 1

"We can't tell you" = setting 2

"I'm not allowed to say" = ....

- you get the idea.

That was Kimi. They said at one time drivers would swear so the chat wasn't heard. Until BBC learned to bleep it. HA HA

But the Beeb no longer televises it...

Also the radio snippets are broadcast around the ground, as they put a time delay in to prevent other teams getting an advantage there is time to "Beep" the offending words out, maybe time to fine drivers for using swear words?

that should keep the lawyers busy, what is and what is not a swear word. whistling.gif

Aside from the famous "leave me alone I know what I'm doing", my favorite Kimi response was when asked post race if there was anything he could have done differently (to better his result), his reply "drive faster"

• 2 weeks later...

Button 5th in final qualifying and as Vetal and Rosburg have 5 grid place penalties he will start 3rd.

Hamilton hammered it in Q3 for pole, with Halkenberg 3rd moving up to 2nd as Rosberg moves from 2nd to 5th, though seems Hulkenberg is under investigation.

Brilliant win by Hamilton. Whatever your driver, Rosberg tried to take him off despite being given bags of room... could be a bit of a b*llocking and loss of points, maybe even disqualified? The booing from the Austro-Germanic crowd was pathetic.

Button did well to finish 6th, btw. thumbsup.gif

Edited by daveAustin

Not a brilliant victory, but the collision was Rosberg's fault. At least it looked like it was.

The booing was moronic. Then again, it was a good way to reflect what the English media presents, when the situation is the opposite. We non-Brits, who depend on English media on F1 news have to suffer from that nationalism.

Them again, if I would listen the Finnish reporting, it would be far worse :)

Just in: Rosberg give 10-second penalty and 2 penalty points for the collision.

10 second penalty when the car behind was over 14 seconds behind. facepalm.gif

Clearly a red mist day, Nico miss judged Lewis's speed going into turn 2, he was only a few turns from the chequered flag, Nico was hoping to force Lewis off giving him a clear run to the flag.

If Lewis had been two meters further back he would have had to take the scenic route, and Nico would have been able to run for home with the advantage of a few seconds, as it was Lewis was giving Nico plenty of room.

The stewards may have given Nico a hard time but I suspect that will be nothing compared to the carpeting from Toto.

Roared back in the last few laps on lesser tyres (fastest lap after fastest lap) and had Rosberg not gone into default petulant mode by taking him out, Hamilton would have smoked him on the outside. Brilliant IMO. The podium was a shambles; all that childish booing (Silverstone: look out, son of Keke), a confused girl interviewer who likely knows as much about super string theory as she does motor racing, and the exuberant, charismatic Kimi boring the pants off everyone. biggrin.png

Roll on British GP.