F1 2016

Basil B

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Alonso. Put that Brit in his place (2nd). gigglem.gif

Only way NR can get one up on him; mechanical or 'act of god'... LH was on a blinder. If everyone's firing, Rosberg won't have an easy time today, esp if it pees down.

Edited by daveAustin

I suppose the best solution is if the car is about to breakdown on the track and the driver is told how to keep the car going they should have to pit immediately.

Would not been a lot of good in the Mercedes case as a gearbox box full of nothing... Best solution stop in middle of road just before the end of the Race ?

Rules tightened for this w/end.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/17117698/fia-tightens-team-radio-rules-ahead-hungary

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

So telling a driver something like he needs new boots is a " irreversible instruction to enter the pits" so the driver can not ignore the instruction.

Love this question...bet it stung a bit ...wounder if anyone gave a little smile ...

Q: (Agris Lauzinieks – Kapitals) Nico, as a leader this season and your contract just being signed now, how can it be justified that you are earning less than Lewis?

NR: How do you know that?

Q: I can feel it

NR: Well you need to check your feelings maybe. I don’t want to talk about such details.

I doubt Mercedes would be held to ransome, probably Nico had to bite the bullet and accept less than he had demanded as there are a number of promising young drivers out there who would drive for Mercedes for less than what he gets now, and Toto just maybe thinking his dream team is more a nightmare.

Edited by Basil B

Well done Alonso. Put that Brit in his place (2nd). gigglem.gif

Only way NR can get one up on him; mechanical or 'act of god'... LH was on a blinder. If everyone's firing, Rosberg won't have an easy time today, esp if it pees down.

The Weather, little chance of it "Peeing down"

bbclogo.jpg

-- BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/36875038

Yes, hoping for an act of God to equal things out... but there again I am a cynical none believer.tongue.png

(May change my views if one of Nico's wheels were to fall off).

Edited by Basil B

Love this question...bet it stung a bit ...wounder if anyone gave a little smile ...

Q: (Agris Lauzinieks – Kapitals) Nico, as a leader this season and your contract just being signed now, how can it be justified that you are earning less than Lewis?

NR: Well you need to check your feelings maybe. I don’t want to talk about such details.

I doubt Mercedes would be held to ransome, probably Nico had to bite the bullet and accept less than he had demanded as there are a number of promising young drivers out there who would drive for Mercedes for less than what he gets now, and Toto just maybe thinking his dream team is more a nightmare.

Niki just spilled the beans... Re contract negotiations, Lewis gets a little more than Nico... bet Nico thinks it is more than just a little.

Radio penalties...

What a farce, Button gets help over the team radio but does not pit so gets a drive through penalty.

I am assuming that had button been told to pit as he should have been, he should have pitted straight away and he would have had to come to a full stop in his pit while a mechanic pretended to do something.

Ignore the rule, plan ahead and when race control inform the team of a drive through penalty the driver has 3 laps to comply, does not even have to stop.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Niki just spilled the beans... Re contract negotiations, Lewis gets a little more than Nico... bet Nico thinks it is more than just a little.

Its not like Nico will be ever short of cash. Aside from his fathers racing pedigree, he comes from a very wealthy family, growing up in Monaco with a silver spoon in his mouth.

Radio penalties...

What a farce, Button gets help over the team radio but does not pit so gets a drive through penalty.

I am assuming that had button been told to pit as he should have been, he should have pitted straight away and he would have had to come to a full stop in his pit while a mechanic pretended to do something.

Ignore the rule, plan ahead and when race control inform the team of a drive through penalty the driver has 3 laps to comply, does not even have to stop.

All these stupid rules these days.

The 'TV Show' needs have far outweighed the best interests of the sport and desires of the fans. Im convinced the management body is made up of members of the LOS government.

I see that they are still not getting on then. Hamilton was p*ssed that rosberg was allowed to go even faster when yellow flags were waving, or should have been and so took pole. He then out drove the German and even had time to back him up into Ricciardo who was fast catching Rosberg. Only the team threatening to bring Rosberg in first got him to speed up more. For me if Rosberg can't keep ahead of Ricciardo without the help from Hamilton then he isn't as good a driver as he thinks.

The trouble Hamilton is having and will always have is he is in a German team with a German driver who isn't quite good enough to be the number 1 driver even though he thinks he deserves to be.

I also do not understand, especially with the rules we now have why we still have races at circuits where overtaking is near impossible. That isn't racing. As Hamilton said it is now down to tyre management for the races then engine management for the season

I used to go to at least two live races a year sometimes three but now go to no live races and am not that bothered if I don't get to watch it live and that needs to change or it is going to finish

Very difficult to say if a driver slowed enough for yellow flags unless they impose set speed restriction or % of the top speed through the area under yellow flags.

As much as I can understand Lewis's frustration he was on a fantastic lap, Lewis was behind Alonso so probably had to take avoiding action where as Nico was further back and only had yellows for a short moment.

That was bad luck for Lewis, I suspect both drivers have been told not to overtake on the bends so Lewis will have to find another way past during the race.

Something must have been said - and strongly enough - as they kept out of each others' way at the start.

Not being allowed to overtake on bends/corners makes sense as a 'hard and fast' rule.

Bernie's MIL kidnapped...

The mother-in-law of Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone has been kidnapped in Brazil with criminals demanding a ransom of $36.5m (£28m), reports say.

Aparecida Schunck, the 67-year-old mother of Mr Ecclestone's wife Fabiana Flosi, was seized in Sao Paulo on Friday night, Veja and Globo reported.

Police in the city have not yet commented.

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-36891829

On 01/08/2016 at 6:48 AM, Mosha said:

If Rosberg calls that full lock, my old mans a kipper.

Well he was lucky with only a five second penalty... as for the stop watch malfunction, maybe there is a God.

Only a few weeks after pulling the same trick on Hamilton, the stewards should have thrown the book at him.

Maybe time to put a line down the middle of the track on bends which drivers who go for the inside are not allowed to cross when they may impede other drivers. 

Lets face it, Lewis has also pushed others off the track, but when he does it it is elegant & somewhat fair, it looks like racing. Nico on the other hand makes it look like he is trying to form a police blockade across the track. He drove straight until the very last seconds.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Mosha said:

I'll miss Spa. Driving up to Samut Prakhan Sunday, and the stepdaughter hasn't got satellite TV in her house.

If you have a PC or laptop then Kodi is just fine...... Just install 'Sportsdevil' and of coarse it is totally FREE

What a farce...

Lewis 30 place grid penalty, but only 22 cars... :cheesy:

Could even rack up more penalty points, does he care?

all he need do is one quick lap today to qualify then sit it out and save his engine and tyres. 

For the race every point counts and he has a good chance to get into the top five, Winning is a tough cocky from the back of the grid but not impossible for Lewis. 

Edited by Basil B