UK police say stabbing treated as 'terrorist incident'

Jonathan Fairfield

I agree with a comment above - there were probably ten other stabbings in London on Saturday night and non of them called terrorist attacks

Good to see the attacker brought down by well trained officers using only stun guns, kept alive so hopefully the authorities can get good intel out of him.

If this was in America the attacker would be dead as would scores of witnesses with trigger happy police firing at will to try and stop the situation.

That said, the attacker would also have been heavily armed in the States as just about anyone can get hold of a weapon it seems.

Fortunately, Muslims in the U.S. are relatively well-integrated, unlike much of Europe. And we certainly don't have any Sharia patrols as you do in London. And don't deny that, because "60 Minutes did a report on them...the woman reported was actually told by the Musliim morality goon to cover up! Furthermore,"trigger-happy" police in the U.S. wouldn't have looked the other way while packs of Pakistanis go around raping local women as in Rotherham and apparently other towns. Maybe a few bullets would have been called for. Stun guns? Too late for Europe anyway.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doesnt take much to be called a terror attack these days. A stabbing in the underground on a Saturday night.

I guess if someone abuses me for not being muslim can also be considered a terrorist attack, but kind of lessens the impact of serious attacks when they start using the term for such things.

If it was in the US the guy would have shot a dozen or so.

America basher: So in Paris they used knives on a couple of victims?

I agree with a comment above - there were probably ten other stabbings in London on Saturday night and non of them called terrorist attacks

Good to see the attacker brought down by well trained officers using only stun guns, kept alive so hopefully the authorities can get good intel out of him.

If this was in America the attacker would be dead as would scores of witnesses with trigger happy police firing at will to try and stop the situation.

That said, the attacker would also have been heavily armed in the States as just about anyone can get hold of a weapon it seems.

You forgot about Paris--or did I miss something?

He didn't seem to be trying very hard to injure anybody, unless they actually came at him.

Also "This is for Syria" doesn't sound quite as convincing as "Allah Akbar" or "Death to all infidels who challenge the Holy Caliphate" (while charging headlong at London Transport Police).

Being a knife wielding schizophrenic is not "News".

Shouting a "terrorist" slogan?

That gets attention. (Hopefully medical).

Edited by Enoon

He didn't seem to be trying very hard to injure anybody, unless they actually came at him.

Also "This is for Syria" doesn't sound quite as convincing as "Allah Akbar" or "Death to all infidels who challenge the Holy Caliphate" (while charging headlong at London Transport Police).

Oh, I see. The guy who knifed three people was a victim and it was everybody else's fault.

Edited by Usernames

This is completely different from Paris. I don't think there is any reasonable thinking human being who would dispute that in cases like this strict gun laws prevent the perpetrator from acquiring a gun and doing more harm than he did.

Doesnt take much to be called a terror attack these days. A stabbing in the underground on a Saturday night.

I guess if someone abuses me for not being muslim can also be considered a terrorist attack, but kind of lessens the impact of serious attacks when they start using the term for such things.

If it was in the US the guy would have shot a dozen or so.

totally agree "terrorist" is bandied around too easily these days.

So here we are, a UK terrorist attack, and you are obsessing and derailing about the US of A. Very strange, like a Rainman inspired internet wind up merchant.

Seems the attacker used violence in an attempt to influence UK's political policy on Syria, air strikes, etc. That's terrorism. It's not the body count, it's the motivation.

stevenl, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:22, said:
Dustdevil, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:09, said:
pinkpanther99, on 06 Dec 2015 - 08:05, said:

This is completely different from Paris. I don't think there is any reasonable thinking human being who would dispute that in cases like this strict gun laws prevent the perpetrator from acquiring a gun and doing more harm than he did.

The strict gun laws of the UK are a farce.

In every major town and city in the UK you can rent an illegal gun by the hour. The only thing that that prevented him acquiring a firearm was most likely to have been a lack of funds.

Sorry, it's terrorism. Suck it up, buttercup.

The shoe is on the other foot, queue the moaning about how this isn't really news or even terrorism. Very inconvenient, downplay, bury, run away, and get back to grassing up others. Hypocrites.

So people were still laying their on the floor bleeding out while police did a song and dance with a stun gun? When seconds make the difference between life and death, it's clear where the police's interest lie--preserving the life of the attacker at the potential cost of his victims.

A bullet through the cranium would have saved a fortune in court costs and prison food. I suspect you could even fire gold bullets at the perps and it would be more cost effective than current procedures.

Silver bullets are more appropriate for people you like to demonise

In every major town and city in the UK you can rent an illegal gun by the hour. The only thing that that prevented him acquiring a firearm was most likely to have been a lack of funds.

Maybe you can if you know where to go.

I know that if I went crazy and wanted to shoot somebody I could not get a gun.

So no, they're not a farce, and look at the example on hand, they're working.

So people were still laying their on the floor bleeding out while police did a song and dance with a stun gun? When seconds make the difference between life and death, it's clear where the police's interest lie--preserving the life of the attacker at the potential cost of his victims.

A bullet through the cranium would have saved a fortune in court costs and prison food. I suspect you could even fire gold bullets at the perps and it would be more cost effective than current procedures.

The fact that the police are there to uphold the law and protect the public, not dispense summary judgment seems to elude you.

I think it's too late for Europe and the UK. The Muslims are generating six or seven babies per family. This is not a racist statement, this is what I know from 19 years in the Middle East. Wait till you see the year 2035. You'll party like it's 1499.

Most muslims do not live in the middle east. What you are talking about is cultural, not religious.

stevenl, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:43, said:
SgtRock, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:28, said:
stevenl, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:22, said:stevenl, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:22, said:

Laws that prohibit Law abiding Citizens from owning firearms that are freely available on the Black Market. Whether you like it or not, are a farce.

stevenl, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:43, said:
SgtRock, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:28, said:
stevenl, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:22, said:stevenl, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:22, said:

Laws that prohibit Law abiding Citizens from owning firearms that are freely available on the Black Market. Whether you like it or not, are a farce.

They're working.

Still learning how to use the quote function?

The fact that the police are there to uphold the law and protect the public, not dispense summary judgment seems to elude you.

If this attack was motivated by religious nuttery then he might not be too happy being deprived of his martydom so hats off to the police for ensuring he spends many years in a place where access to virgins is a touch limited.

I think it's too late for Europe and the UK. The Muslims are generating six or seven babies per family. This is not a racist statement, this is what I know from 19 years in the Middle East. Wait till you see the year 2035. You'll party like it's 1499.

As with your generalisations presented as empirical concerning Europe, might be a good idea to carry out some fact checks.

From Frontpage website which you're likely to admire.

Birth Rates Falling Dramatically in Muslim Middle East

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/210479/birth-rates-falling-dramatically-muslim-middle-daniel-greenfield

Edited by simple1

stevenl, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:50, said:
SgtRock, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:47, said:
stevenl, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:43, said:stevenl, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:43, said:

They're working.

There working ! Of course they are. They only people they do not affect are criminals. There are no firearm related deaths in the UK.

Drug war in Scotland

Mohammed Omar Abdi, 25, died of gunshot wounds after what appears to have been a gang-related incident in the Willowbrae area on Sunday.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-22687683

Instead of trying to be a wise guy. You efforts would be better spent on trying to educate yourself.

Hint from another thread. There is no such thing as semi legal.

What else were they expecting to happen? Enemy combatants must be interned or deported until the war against Islam has been won, or at least a stalemate accepted whereby they stay in their country and we get ours back.

Apart from punishing this muslim, I want to see the govt personnel responsible for importing this time-bomb severely punished. It is not good enough to say we weren't warned, or other excuses. I, and many many others have repeatedly warned that bringing people that's raison d'etre is to kill infidels(us in other words) will end in tears.

An interesting line of thought for you.

Traditionally wars were fought between countries with regular forces and uniforms and generally both sides had signed the Geneva Convention on treatment of POW's and the civilian population.

Enemies captured out of uniform could be treated as spies and executed.

Now AFAIK the IS is not actually a recognised country, does not have a government, its forces don't have a uniform as such, regularly execute prisoners and the civilian population.

Should they therefore be treated as POW's or as spies/irregular forces etc and be executed themselves?

I think that the PC, human rights people etc will say that they should be treated as POW's but as they have no country etc how can they be classified as such?

I have my own thought and that would be to simply execute them but what do other people think about that?

Moderators, If you fell that this post is in the wrong forum could you please move it.

If you feel the topic is inappropriate then please delete the post for me.

It is about terrorism and the IS so it is sort of on topic.

Edited by billd766

stevenl, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:50, said:
SgtRock, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:47, said:

They're working.

There working ! Of course they are. They only people they do not affect are criminals. There are no firearm related deaths in the UK.

Drug war in Scotland

Mohammed Omar Abdi, 25, died of gunshot wounds after what appears to have been a gang-related incident in the Willowbrae area on Sunday.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-22687683

Instead of trying to be a wise guy. You efforts would be better spent on trying to educate yourself.

Hint from another thread. There is no such thing as semi legal.

Just look at the example at hand. What do you think would have happened if firearms would have been available as easily as they are in the US? As I said earlier, I don't think there is any reasonable thinking human being who would dispute that in cases like this strict gun laws prevent the perpetrator from acquiring a gun and doing more harm than he did.

And yes, semi legal does exist. Look at the Netherlands, where soft drugs are officially illegal but are being allowed.

Edited by stevenl

The real muslims were yelling cockney accented profanity at the not real muslim, who was in the process of hacking people up with a machete.

Had there been some Americans around, they might of tried tackling the mad slasher instead of shrieking about religious bonafides.

He got lucky; the American Police would have killed him.

The victims got lucky...In America they would have been shot wink.png

Meanwhile, the shooter gets a settlement visa, 110 pounds a week, and a council flat, and successfuly sues the armed police for mental stress because they fired back at him.

Edited by 55Jay

Of course they are working, they work in many countries. I may be entitled to have a gun but the difference is, I dont feel the need to have one, or want one. Its a different mindset, in the US they are scared so blast away, in the UK its under control without the need for a goid old fashioned western style shoot em ups.

Those that feel they must have guns for protection says a lot about the society they live in. They must be very scared when they travel overseas without their gun.

Those who's default position is to squelch the rights of everyone, for the acts of a few, is a coward.

Thats the way society works. Do you think there should be no speed limits? Some good drivers can handle higher speeds than the limit but are not allowed to. Should we all have personalised speed limits?