Leicester City FC

jellydog

just read now,that leicester owner has sacked their manager,unbelievable typical thai who knows nothing about the game.

for a manager to win one of the best league titles in the world they could only dream.reminds me of what brian clough done for notts.forest.

lets hope king p pays the price.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, carmine said:

Its not a "Thai" thing at all.  These decisions have been rampant throughout football for years.  Whilst many of us, including myself think its the wrong decision we also knew it was on the cards.

Decision made even worse for me because Ranieri is a very decent man, a true gentleman of the sport.

indeed. it's got nothing to do with where the owners are from or if they are "foreign" or not.

feel sorry for ranieri but on their form it was always coming.

9 hours ago, Chicog said:

Sorry mate but they were going down. Not that they won't anyway, but Leicester aren't Burnley.

Got above themselves.

Sure the board have to try something.

Alan Pardew should through his hat in the ring, show Fat Sam how to do it ?

A sad day for Leicester,they could have waited 2 more weeks.  now Sevilla will crush them in the home game.  Ranieri was very important to the team despite the bad run in PL. I can't see them survive now.

22 hours ago, StevieH said:

indeed. it's got nothing to do with where the owners are from or if they are "foreign" or not.

feel sorry for ranieri but on their form it was always coming.

Ha ha ha he should know better than to criticise anything "foreign" when Stevie is about.

H Rule No. 1:-

Criticism of all and any things British is OK, anything else is verboten.

44 minutes ago, rott said:

Ha ha ha he should know better than to criticise anything "foreign" when Stevie is about.

H Rule No. 1:-

Criticism of all and any things British is OK, anything else is verboten.

In fairness both he and i were referring to a particular post we suggested it was a foreign issue as opposed to what it really is, which is an issue endemic in football nowadays.

On a side issue, what i find so sad is that Ranieri's been chopped but the likes of Mahrez are still there, banking their great big salaries and are not being held accountable for the clubs woes.  Selling the midfield engine and not replacing combined with being totally let down by key players has seen to the managers fate and its all very sad.

On 23/02/2017 at 11:26 PM, meatboy said:

.reminds me of what brian clough done for notts.forest.

On 24/02/2017 at 6:16 AM, Chicog said:

What, got them relegated?

10 hours ago, meatboy said:

still was the greatest manager of all time.

I doubt over at Elland rd they would agree with you on that one MB :sad:

and his partner Peter Taylor deserves a great deal of credit for Cloughies success don,t forget that....they were a double act until they fell out and Cloughie was never the same after it :thumbsup:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, carmine said:

In fairness both he and i were referring to a particular post we suggested it was a foreign issue as opposed to what it really is, which is an issue endemic in football nowadays.

On a side issue, what i find so sad is that Ranieri's been chopped but the likes of Mahrez are still there, banking their great big salaries and are not being held accountable for the clubs woes.  Selling the midfield engine and not replacing combined with being totally let down by key players has seen to the managers fate and its all very sad.

I agree with everything you have said. Not a lot of people say that to you do they?  :)  But you are correct nothing to do with foreign. Could be a player revolt, an owner issue or just a football today thing.

H worries about me if I don't yank his chain every now and then.

2 hours ago, rott said:

I agree with everything you have said. Not a lot of people say that to you do they?  :)  But you are correct nothing to do with foreign. Could be a player revolt, an owner issue or just a football today thing.

H worries about me if I don't yank his chain every now and then.

Well the ones that don't agree is fine by me.  If they did i'd have cause for real concern.:smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, balo said:

What are the odds ? I would put some money on it now.

Well i reckon they will avoid the drop because i reckon Ranieri was brought down by a player revolt, and certain key protagonists will start playing again as of this weekend.

The likes of Mahrez, Vardy for example.  

Seem to remember a similar thing happening by Mourinho left Chelsea.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, carmine said:

Well i reckon they will avoid the drop because i reckon Ranieri was brought down by a player revolt, and certain key protagonists will start playing again as of this weekend.

The likes of Mahrez, Vardy for example.  

Seem to remember a similar thing happening by Mourinho left Chelsea.

The outpooring of disgust with the way the owners have treated CR has left a very bad taste in the neutral supporters mouths,Leicester City gained tremendous admiration and support for the way they took on the big boys of the Prem in winning the ultimate prize and rightly so, it was great for football.....now just a couple of weeks after giving him "unwavering support" the owners sack him with rumblings of player dissent,where a warm welcome and  generous applause was given at away grounds before this incident I am sure booing and cat calls will now be the order of the day,rightly or wrongly,and Leicester City and its owners will quickly realise that the respect they gained last season is in the distant past,relegation for them would be justice well served.:sad:

34 minutes ago, petermik said:

The outpooring of disgust with the way the owners have treated CR has left a very bad taste in the neutral supporters mouths,Leicester City gained tremendous admiration and support for the way they took on the big boys of the Prem in winning the ultimate prize and rightly so, it was great for football.....now just a couple of weeks after giving him "unwavering support" the owners sack him with rumblings of player dissent,where a warm welcome and  generous applause was given at away grounds before this incident I am sure booing and cat calls will now be the order of the day,rightly or wrongly,and Leicester City and its owners will quickly realise that the respect they gained last season is in the distant past,relegation for them would be justice well served.:sad:

The booing and cat calls will start because fans will realize the part played by certain elements of the squad.  The lack of fight this season is a polar opposite to that shown last season.

Maybe a blessing in disguise for Tinker.

Even if the new lad keeps em up the writings on the wall for a lot of those over achievers. 

Ranieri will forever be a legend to Leicester and the door I suspect may remain open in the future. No blame will be pointed to CR. Hangover season big time and a lack of reinforcements.