3 mth dependency visa

Also since i have moved house with my kids...do i need to report to Si Racha immigration....or is that my wife's responsibility...? She is currently in New York and unaware of my whereabouts

• If you are staying here with a 1 year extension of stay then you should formally change your address using form TM28. If you are here on a visa entry then you don't need to do anything.
  • The owner/house-master of the property you are now staying at should complete the TM30 form to inform immigration that you are staying at their property.

A friend of mine rented the house in his name so that my wife's family could not find me.....my divorce will not be processed until late April and I do not want them to snatch the kids.....isn't it possible to bypass this and just continue to say that i am travelling and use my registered address in Nong Khai...

A friend of mine rented the house in his name so that my wife's family could not find me.....my divorce will not be processed until late April and I do not want them to snatch the kids.....isn't it possible to bypass this and just continue to say that i am travelling and use my registered address in Nong Khai...

I suggest you do nothing which potentially further complicates your situation.

AFAIK there are no legal "bypass" mechanisms that could be used.

• Like 1

Would it be possible to go to Laos for the day and get a 30 day stamp...I am a UK citizen ? Amd then do the same in Poilet after 1 mth ?

If you go our and back you can extend the 30 day entry at immigration for 30 days. They will not be that stringent for proof of residence for the 30 day extension as they are for the 60 day extension.

It does not matter which crossing you use.

• Like 1

Went to Nong Khai today and into Laos...thought i would get a 30 day stamp...when coming back into Thailand..the officer refused to give me 30 days because my marriage visa extension expires on 1st March...said I had to get another visa....should have listened to your advice in the first place !

Went to Nong Khai today and into Laos...thought i would get a 30 day stamp...when coming back into Thailand..the officer refused to give me 30 days because my marriage visa extension expires on 1st March...said I had to get another visa....should have listened to your advice in the first place !

If you had a valid extension + reentry permit the IO was correct in insisting that be used.

You now have a choice. Obtain another extension from the local immigration office (it is not a visa) or leave the country and obtain another visa or visa exempt entry.

Does that mean i have to go out on the 1st March ?

You can apply for a 7 days stay to facilitate your leaving the country at immigration -1900 Bht.

Or you can apply for another extension of stay at immigration (providing the extension you had was not a 60 day one).

Or you can leave on March 1 and obtain a new visa from a Thai Embassy/Consulate. You could also try to get a 15/30 day visa exempt entry after entering/returning from another country.

• 2 months later...

Also my divorce will be finalized on 8th June .(my 90 day visa expires 28th May)...the court will grant me sole custodian powers for my son...so would i have to take him to the immigration office ?

• When applying for a 60 day extension either your wife or child would have to be with you.

If you do a border hop on of before May 28th you will get a new 90 day stay. That stay could then be extended by 60 days if you take your son with you. Towards the end go the 150 days you could apply for a 1 year extension of stay as a parent at your local immigration office or get a new non 'O' visa outside of Thailand.

Thank you..what documents do i need ?

For the 60 day extension to visit your child they will need be with you. Birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry. Proof of residence will also be needed.

Thanks joe...if i am still registered at my house in Nong Khai...what proof of residence can i provide ?

If your child's house book registry is for there that would be enough if you are going to apply in Nong Khai. Proof of ownership of the house would suffice if you actually own the house in your name.

If applying elsewhere you would need a rental agreement.

You said if i do a border hop i will get another 90 days....how ?

You said your visa expires May 28th. I assume it is a multiple entry visa. If so and you enter again on or before May 28th you will get 90 days.

You said if i do a border hop i will get another 90 days....how ?

You said your visa expires May 28th. I assume it is a multiple entry visa. If so and you enter again on or before May 28th you will get 90 days.

I have a 90 day non O from Vientiane which will expire on 28th May

Ok. In that case the visa is already used and if you do a border hop you'll be granted a 30 day visa exempt entry.

At NK they wanted my wife and kids tabien baan and i think in the future when i try to get an extension my wife will not give it to me...what are my options ? Can i get another book ?

You do not need the original tambien ban, A copy of page one and the page where they are registered is all that is required. Immigration does not expect to see the original since many people do not have their own book and it remains with the house master shown in the book.

It is possible for a person registered in it to get a print out of the tambien ban at an Amphoe.

Thanks Joe...thanks very much.i am moving to a new house and the landlord will register me with immigration so that problem will be solved i think...as my son is noving with me too (the court has granted me sole parental rights)...do i have to change his tabian baan also ?