Petition to ban Trump from UK passes 300K, could be debated in Parliament

webfact

What's your guess? I have no idea, but did you not see the question mark after the number? Obviously we're never going to get the number, but wouldn't it be cool if the UK tried to ban a US president from visiting. I'd love to see that.

This petition is a non starter, regardless who signs it.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are Islamic Countries that ban Christians, and all non Muslims from certain Cities .

Should the UK ban Donald, they would have to ban the law makers from that Country and anyone from that Country who agrees with that policy . Its only fair

There are not muslim countries that ban christians.

There is only one country that bans churches, but christians are not banned.

Re read what I wrote .

"There are Islamic Countries that ban Christians............ from certain Cities ."

I found this in the CIA factbook regarding Saudi Arabia:

note: despite having a large expatriate community of various faiths (more than 30% of the population), most forms of public religious expression inconsistent with the government-sanctioned interpretation of Sunni Islam are restricted; non-Muslims are not allowed to have Saudi citizenship and non-Muslim places of worship are not permitted (2013)

If you know anything about the Christian faith, you'll understand that the above is the same as banning them, as the whole point of Christianity is to spread (talk about) their faith.

There must be a George Bush supporter behind this.... I wonder who is really pushing this ???

What would be the point? It isn't going to affect his popularity. Whenever the experts predict his popularity will dive it surges ahead. IMO the poll is an embarrassment to the UK. I'll bet nothing like this will happen in Australia. They get it there.

note: despite having a large expatriate community of various faiths (more than 30% of the population), most forms of public religious expression inconsistent with the government-sanctioned interpretation of Sunni Islam are restricted; non-Muslims are not allowed to have Saudi citizenship and non-Muslim places of worship are not permitted (2013)

If you know anything about the Christian faith, you'll understand that the above is the same as banning them, as the whole point of Christianity is to spread (talk about) their faith.

End quote

The quote was about 'countries'

SA is the only muslim country that does not allow churches. Thats it, the only one.

I am catholic so i do know about the faith. I and many other christians have no intention of spreading the fsith or attending church. So being a christian you are not banned from any muslim country.

I see the poster is talking about cities. I know of only one where non muslims are allowed, Mecca. Is there more?

Edited by Linky

End quote

The quote was about 'countries'

SA is the only muslim country that does not allow churches. Thats it, the only one.

I am catholic so i do know about the faith. I and many other christians have no intention of spreading the fsith or attending church. So being a christian you are not banned from any muslim country.

I see the poster is talking about cities. I know of only one where non muslims are allowed, Mecca. Is there more?

Yes, non-practicing Christians and Catholics will feel right at home in SA.

Did you miss out the word *not* between "are" and "allowed" ?

Medina, being the other City where non Muslims are not allowed to go to

Non muslims are allowed in Medina, they are just not allowed into central medina.

But take your point.

As I ve stated elsewhere, In the UK there are laws against hate speech and have denied entry to people preaching hate speech. Irrespective of his wealth and fame, he has spouted tripe and requires denial of entry into the UK. The hate speech law in the UK revolves around incitement. People have been banned due to hate speech for using passages of the Quran to incite hatred (extremist Islamic preachers make up approximately 50 percent of the list) . People have also been banned from entry for using the Bible as incitement (most prominently The Westboro Baptist Church).

Non muslims are allowed in Medina, they are just not allowed into central medina.

But take your point.

Having lived 7 years within 150 kilometers of Medinah there is something circling both Mecca and Medinah. It is called the Christian bypass and. unless your Iqama (resident book) is the nice color green, you ain't going into Medinah or Mecca beyond the checkpoint well outside the city. Green Iqamas were for Muslims. All others were brown in color.

From my personal experience I know of only two non-Muslims that have ever entered the city of Medinah. In the mid-80's two young boys fell into a deep pool of water and drowned. The authorities called for scuba divers to come to the city and help retrieve their bodies. The story as told to me by one of the participants was they were met at the Christian bypass, loaded into a van with blacked out windows, driven to the pool, where they entered the water and retrieved the two bodies. They were then returned to their car at the bypass in the same blacked out van and drove home.

I have also heard of an incident in Mecca that required the presence of non-Muslims. One of my good friend's brother was involved with that incident.

Edited by chuckd

As I ve stated elsewhere, In the UK there are laws against hate speech and have denied entry to people preaching hate speech. Irrespective of his wealth and fame, he has spouted tripe and requires denial of entry into the UK. The hate speech law in the UK revolves around incitement. People have been banned due to hate speech for using passages of the Quran to incite hatred (extremist Islamic preachers make up approximately 50 percent of the list) . People have also been banned from entry for using the Bible as incitement (most prominently The Westboro Baptist Church).

You've used "hate speech" 4x and "hatred" once in 4 lines. Could you please find the quote from Donald Trump which you've interpreted as a "hate speech". The only hate I'm getting is from you for Donald Trump.

I'm sure if this protest is ever debated by rational people in parliament, they will label it as ridiculous and throw it out. I trust there are some level-headed, sensible people in positions of authority in the UK.

Phony petition. Anybody in the world (or on the International Space Station) can sign it. All you need is an email address. So, 400,000 moslems and their sympathizers out of a global population of 7 billion signed. Not very impressive. But if the UK doesn't want Trump in, just say so. Let's find out just where the dividing line is. It's time to count heads in this war and see who's real and who's fake.

No you will also need a valid UK post code...

But still can be manipulated, maybe it should check all signatories against the electoral register, but there again all petitions have always been open to fraud by padding with false names.

hopefully what will happen over the next few day is the media and the Government will commission opinion polls not only to validate the accuracy of the poll but to analyse the demographic make up of those who support this petition.

What's your guess? I have no idea, but did you not see the question mark after the number? Obviously we're never going to get the number, but wouldn't it be cool if the UK tried to ban a US president from visiting. I'd love to see that.

Over 10,000 signatures and it requires a response from the Government and 100,000 signatories it has to be considered for Parliamentary Debate, even if it does not get the Parliamentary Debate I am sure it will be high on the agenda for PMQ's next Wednesday.

Now at 450,043 signatories, more signatories than any other petition...

Over 10,000 signatures and it requires a response from the Government and 100,000 signatories it has to be considered for Parliamentary Debate, even if it does not get the Parliamentary Debate I am sure it will be high on the agenda for PMQ's next Wednesday.

Now at 450,043 signatories, more signatories than any other petition...

Crikey, I guess British Muslims really can rally the troops, if they feel the cause is worthy enough.

Phony petition. Anybody in the world (or on the International Space Station) can sign it. All you need is an email address. So, 400,000 moslems and their sympathizers out of a global population of 7 billion signed. Not very impressive. But if the UK doesn't want Trump in, just say so. Let's find out just where the dividing line is. It's time to count heads in this war and see who's real and who's fake.

But still can be manipulated, maybe it should check all signatories against the electoral register, but there again all petitions have always been open to fraud by padding with false names.

hopefully what will happen over the next few day is the media and the Government will commission opinion polls not only to validate the accuracy of the poll but to analyse the demographic make up of those who support this petition.

In an earlier post, I mentioned a quick check to find an acceptable postal code. Any address will do. The petition is simply phony as to what it purports if it cannot assure that the participants are UK citizens. As I also said earlier, it too me as long as it takes to go to my email and click the petitions' reply link to add my name to the petition. I'm not a UK citizen, I don't live there, and I don't know anybody who does. So . . . phony and fake.

In an earlier post, I mentioned a quick check to find an acceptable postal code. Any address will do. The petition is simply phony as to what it purports if it cannot assure that the participants are UK citizens. As I also said earlier, it too me as long as it takes to go to my email and click the petitions' reply link to add my name to the petition. I'm not a UK citizen, I don't live there, and I don't know anybody who does. So . . . phony and fake.

This particular petition will not be closed for votes until June 2016. An intermediate response by HMG is scheduled in the coming week, so unless it is dismissed, I take it that no formal decision by HMG for quite a while.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/114003

So far as verification of voters I assume the use of Post Code is for batch data matching to verify citizenship against electoral roles.

Edited by simple1

This particular petition will not be closed for votes until June 2016. An intermediate response by HMG is scheduled in the coming week, so unless it is dismissed, I take it that no formal decision by HMG for quite a while.

So far as verification of voters I assume the use of Post Code is for batch data matching to verify citizenship against electoral roles.

There is an algorithm for validating all submitted; you often see around 20% are discarded as fraudulent.

I've asked for a details on how they are validated, but obviously they are not keen on publishing that..

Wake up to those calling it "fake, phony, binding,"

It is not an "election", it is not a vote for anything, it is a petition. The words "Grip" and "Get" come to mind..

If a petition gains enough traction it may be listened to - in much the same way as someone collecting names in the high street to "save the whales" , and any such petition is open to fraud!

And , there are those dumb enough to sign just to show it may be possible to commit fraud. well played you just gave it more traction.. That's a bit like jeering when you favourite team comes on the pitch, just because you can..

The final result will now be that the issue will potentially be debated in House of Commons, it will now forever go on record that a large number of people find Donald Trump "not conducive to the public good"..

Whether any more comes of it is a moot point.

The statement has been made, and the world has taken notice!

Some smarter folk in the US are realising that Trump has embarrassed the US, and further lowered the opinion of the US across the world.

Well played to all signatories genuine, and otherwise.

The Parliamentary Committee for Petitions next meets after Christmas.

The count of submitters will pass 500,000 by breakfast time UK

Edited by MrTee

There is an algorithm for validating all submitted; you often see around 20% are discarded as fraudulent.

I've asked for a details on how they are validated, but obviously they are not keen on publishing that..

It is not an "election", it is not a vote for anything, it is a petition. The words "Grip" and "Get" come to mind..

If a petition gains enough traction it may be listened to - in much the same way as someone collecting names in the high street to "save the whales" , and any such petition is open to fraud!

And , there are those dumb enough to sign just to show it may be possible to commit fraud. well played you just gave it more traction.. That's a bit like jeering when you favourite team comes on the pitch, just because you can..

The final result will now be that the issue will potentially be debated in House of Commons, it will now forever go on record that a large number of people find Donald Trump "not conducive to the public good"..

Some smarter folk in the US are realising that Trump has embarrassed the US, and further lowered the opinion of the US across the world.

And , there are those dumb enough to sign just to show it may be possible to commit fraud. well played you just gave it more traction.. That's a bit like jeering when you favourite team comes on the pitch, just because you can..--

It's not "dumb" to reveal fraud. It is a sign of desperation, however, to try and obscure the fact that apparently you can sign this petition from anywhere in the world, including the terror hotspots. I do know in the US that many congressmen's websites prevent you from even submitting them a request unless you're verified to be a constituent. The so-called petition is the sort of thing grimy little anarchist backpackers get all excited about before the spend the rest of the day sleeping off last night's drunk.

It is funny to see how so many people who are obviously not American citizens and cannot vote in the United States get so hot and bothered about an American election. Argentina just had a change in administration and there are two comments on that thread. When the Germans vote, hardly anyone pays any attention. Even the Australian electioneering only gets one or two threads and never goes much past five pages. Not nearly as many threads either on the UK election as just on Donald Trump by himself. Deep down, so many people who desperately want to be an American but are stuck with their fate, I guess.

Edited by Usernames

And , there are those dumb enough to sign just to show it may be possible to commit fraud. well played you just gave it more traction.. That's a bit like jeering when you favourite team comes on the pitch, just because you can..--

It's not "dumb" to reveal fraud. It is a sign of desperation, however, to try and obscure the fact that apparently you can sign this petition from anywhere in the world, including the terror hotspots. I do know in the US that many congressmen's websites prevent you from even submitting them a request unless you're verified to be a constituent. The so-called petition is the sort of thing grimy little anarchist backpackers get all excited about before the spend the rest of the day sleeping off last night's drunk.

You wilfully missed the point that "There is an algorithm for validating all submitted; you often see around 20% are discarded as fraudulent. "

Clearly the UK Government knows who lives where in the UK.. Clearly there are ways to determine which signatures are the fake.

Clearly a petition is somewhat like a "cheer" when your team comes on the pitch.

Clearly you are offended that 100,000s of UK citizens find your Man abhorrent, and not conducive to the good of our nation..

Your man wants to ban Muslims, we want to ban Trump..

Nothing you can say here will change that - thanks for playing

Clearly the UK Government knows who lives where in the UK.. Clearly there are ways to determine which signatures are the fake.

Sadly Mr Tee.

The above statement is wrong. The UK Government cannot tell you how many people are in the UK, let alone where they live.

They have a rough idea of about 64 Million from an out of date 2011 Census.

You wilfully missed the point that "There is an algorithm for validating all submitted; you often see around 20% are discarded as fraudulent. "

Clearly a petition is somewhat like a "cheer" when your team comes on the pitch.

Clearly you are offended that 100,000s of UK citizens find your Man abhorrent, and not conducive to the good of our nation..

If it's so "clear" how they know the fakes, explain it.

It is funny to see how so many people who are obviously not American citizens and cannot vote in the United States get so hot and bothered about an American election. Argentina just had a change in administration and there are two comments on that thread. When the Germans vote, hardly anyone pays any attention. Even the Australian electioneering only gets one or two threads and never goes much past five pages. Not nearly as many threads either on the UK election as just on Donald Trump by himself. Deep down, so many people who desperately want to be an American but are stuck with their fate, I guess.

Funny enough I think it'd be great for you guys if you elect Trump as POTUS.

Funny enough I have no desire to be a US citizen, there are many great American nations, none of them I'd like be a citizen of.

Funny enough the Petition is not about who is your elected POTUS, clearly that is "up to you"

Funny enough after all the misogyny, the abuse of disabled folk, and the anti-Muslim statements there are some folk in the UK that think your man is not conducive to the good of our nation

- simples!

Enjoy your day smile.png

Although this thread and subject isnt about the USA elections .

This thread is about a petition to ban a person from entering the U.K.

If it's so "clear" how they know the fakes, explain it.

Who'd have guessed but theUK government keeps data about its citizens

The electoral register.

Updated every year at least.. if your name isn't down you're not coming in.

Each submission has an IP address..

Each email has an header showing where came from..

Now that is not to say it 100%, but it is a petition, like a cheer for your favourite team!

Get a grip its not rocket science.

Edited by MrTee

Although this thread and subject isnt about the USA elections .

This thread is about a petition to ban a person from entering the U.K.

A petition about what an American candidate for the US president said about American immigration law in the US.