best fan?

Need a fan for a small bedroom, don't want to get another aircon yet so what is the best alternative. Are tower fans as good as the usual round bladed type? what about the other more expensive types, what are they called condensers? they are cold but not sure if the make rooms clammy as well, Hatari do a 40 watt tower for 1800 baht in big C, was thinking of that.

Hatari fans are great but the ones that slide up and down fail. It will be permanently short if not for duct tape. The misting fans are good for raising the humidity.

That's not my experience. I have two Hatari fans, one is 11 years old and the other about 6 years, and both can still be adjusted up and down as well as they could when they were new. The older one is now starting to develop a problem with the number "1" setting switch though, and I have to press the switch quite hard sometimes to turn the fan on.

Sophon

For stand fans I like the Dyson ones. Efficient and quiet. Probably quite pricey though.

In my condo I have three ceiling fans which I find vastly preferable to any sort of stand fan. I use them on the lowest setting and in reverse: ie moving air upwards to the ceiling from where it distributes around the room. I like a gentle permanent movement of air around me rather than a high-pressure blast in whatever direction a fan happens to be pointing. My ceiling fans are inaudible also, at least on the lower settings.