Two Russian fugitives wanted by Interpol 'Red Notice' nabbed after two years hiding in Phuket, Krabi

rooster59

Two Russian fugitives wanted by Interpol 'Red Notice' nabbed after two years hiding in Phuket, Krabi

1449989056_1.jpg

PHUKET: Tourist Police, in collaboration with Phuket Police and Interpol Thailand, this morning announced the arrest of two Russian fugitives wanted by Russian Police and Interpol Red Notice.

Roman Ledenev, 33, and Alexander Bukharov, 42 , were apprehended at an undisclosed location on December 11, a press conference was told this morning at the Phuket Tourist Police's fifth precinct headquarters.

Presiding over the press conference was a lineup of high-ranking police officers, including the assistant to the Royal Thai Police National Commander, Pol Lt Gen Suchat Tirasawat, acting as head of the investigation team in collaboration with Phuket Police Commander, Pol Maj Gen Tiraphon Thipcharoen; Interpol Thailand chief, Pol Maj Gen Apichat Suribunya and the commander of the Tourist Police, Pol Maj Gen Surachet Hakpaan.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/two-russian-fugitives-wanted-by-interpol-red-notice-nabbed-after-two-years-hiding-in-phuket-krabi-55392.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-12-13

What the .... no police in the picture?! I've seen photo ops with 6 or more smiling broadly while standing behind a pickpocket.

Need to read the source article.

1449989071_5100_zpsjqfrqdej.jpg

Yes, my bad. I've stopped hitting the news links because too often there's nothing else to see or read.

Edited by Inn Between

I don't know if people understand what "red notice" means? It means that these people (criminals) are highly dangerous individuals and that the police forces shouldn't hesitate to put them down if there is any motive to it. Russia lists about 120 people in the Interpol under "red notice". I wouldn't be surprised that most of them reside in Thailand.

I don't know if people understand what "red notice" means? It means that these people (criminals) are highly dangerous individuals and that the police forces shouldn't hesitate to put them down if there is any motive to it. Russia lists about 120 people in the Interpol under "red notice". I wouldn't be surprised that most of them reside in Thailand.

" I don't know if people understand what "red notice" means?" It doesn't say anything that these people are highly dangerous. It only shows that an arrest warrant was issued, Dr. Watson.

Red Notice

To seek the location and arrest of wanted persons with a view to extradition or similar lawful action.

In the case of Red Notices, the persons concerned are wanted by national jurisdictions for prosecution or to serve a sentence based on an arrest warrant or court decision. INTERPOL's role is to assist the national police forces in identifying and locating these persons with a view to their arrest and extradition or similar lawful action.

Yellow Notice

To help locate missing persons, often minors, or to help identify persons who are unable to identify themselves.

Blue Notice

To collect additional information about a person’s identity, location or activities in relation to a crime.

Black Notice

To seek information on unidentified bodies.

Green Notice

To provide warnings and intelligence about persons who have committed criminal offences and are likely to repeat

these crimes in other countries.

Orange Notice

To warn of an event, a person, an object or a process representing a serious and imminent threat to public safety.

Purple Notice

To seek or provide information on modus operandi, objects, devices and concealment methods used by criminals.

Source:

http://www.interpol.int/INTERPOL-expertise/Notices

An interesting website indeed. http://www.interpol.int/Maps

Edited by lostinisaan

Two Russians arrested, set to be deported
Salinee Prab
The Nation, Phuket

30274844-01_big.jpg

Lack of link to Interpol hampering foreign probes

PHUKET: -- POLICE have arrested two Russians in the tourist provinces of Phuket and Krabi in response to arrest warrants issued by Russia.

Roman Ledenev, 33, is wanted for alleged drug possession while Alexander Bukharov, 42, is wanted for alleged human smuggling.

The two Russians had lived in Thailand for nearly two years when the arrests took place last Friday.

"Russia's Interpol unit has contacted us about these two suspects," Assistant National Police Commissioner Pol Lt General Suchart Thirasawat said yesterday.

Available information showed Bukharov had gone into hiding in Phuket while Ledenev had been living on Krabi's Phi Phi Island for about two years, Suchart said.

The two suspects had confessed that Russian authorities were seeking their arrest, police said.

"As Russia has already revoked their passports, we have now cancelled their visas to Thailand," Suchart said.

The arrests of the two men, Tourism Police Division's commander Pol Maj General Surachet Hakparn said, reaffirmed the Thai government's policy to crack down on transnational criminal gangs and criminals who have been trying to find a safe haven in Thailand.

Pol Maj General Apichat Suriboonya, the commander of Foreign Affairs Division, Royal Thai Police, said Thailand's immigration system had not yet been linked to Interpol's database of stolen or revoked passports. Some foreigners had managed to sneak into Thailand as a result of the problem.

"Interpol's database contains about 47 million cancelled or stolen passports," he said.

Apichart, however, emphasised that Thailand was working to gain access to the Interpol's database soon.

"With the link, immigration officials will be able to check a passport with the database in just 0.03 seconds," he said, adding that a signing ceremony regarding the collaboration would take place in the coming week.

Apichart refused to say how many foreign criminal suspects Thailand is currently monitoring or trying to track down.

Ledenev and Bukharov were sent from Phuket to Bangkok yesterday.

Police will contact Russian police to arrange their deportation.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Two-Russians-arrested-set-to-be-deported-30274844.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-14

What the .... no police in the picture?! I've seen photo ops with 6 or more smiling broadly while standing behind a pickpocket.

Need to read the source article.

1449989071_5100_zpsjqfrqdej.jpg

What, no pointing, how are we supposed to know who the miscreants are?

Presiding over the press conference was the assistant to the Royal Thai Police National Commander, Pol Lt Gen Suchat Tirasawat, with Phuket Police Commander, Pol Maj Gen Tiraphon Thipcharoen; Interpol Thailand chief, Pol Maj Gen Apichat Suribunya and the commander of the Tourist Police, Pol Maj Gen Surachet Hakpaan.

Reading about this press conference was Thai Visa Member and Head of Household, Pub Ret Hon Sob klauskunkel. coffee1.gif

What's with the "undisclosed location?"

That's where it would be very embarrassing to someone on a high position to reveal the location - maybe one of the Ruskies is a BF of a daughter . . .

Just musin' . . . . . . . .

And i would like to know why it took 2 years to find them.... huh....... cheesy.gif

wai2.gif

Obviously you do not know what "red notice" means, it just means that there is an international arrest warrant, nothing about the level of danger of the perpetrator.

And i would like to know why it took 2 years to find them.... huh....... cheesy.gif

wai2.gif

So the police force in your country is just so much better at finding Illegal immigrants--than the Thai police ?

where is that exactly torpedo? I know it cant be the USA with its 7 Million + illegal immigrants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_immigration_to_the_United_States

And the UK can hardly give a figure on illegals, because they have been there so long, that they have had children etc etc, so they just say with the children around 800K.

Maybe its Australia who had over 62K people decide not to return just in the last year**

But let us know what country so we can see what a top police force is like ( &roll around laughing also)

**The department says an estimated 62,100 people were unaccounted for in Australia during 2014,

which is roughly 1.2 per cent of the 5.5 million people who enter the country each year on temporary visas.

This could be a case of the same BIB they have been paying to stay here were forced by the Army to arrest them.This has happen a few times with some bar raids.

And probably 80% of them are residing in Pattaya.

One thing about databases, they contain a lot of information that can help or hinder things. I doubt Thailand would have any proper controls on who can access the database or the information in it. I can envision all sorts of tip offs and confidential police information that the officials have that might be helpful to fugitives. The bad guys could see if the officials have an idea of their aliases, suspected associates and their names and locations, suspected hiding places, financial information, etc.

If you read the article they were busy presiding over the press conference to make sure their names were spelled right. Here is the meat of the article. Maybe somebody spread a rumour that there would be another silver plate passed on this one.

Presiding over the press conference was a lineup of high-ranking police officers, including the assistant to the Royal Thai Police National Commander, Pol Lt Gen Suchat Tirasawat, acting as head of the investigation team in collaboration with Phuket Police Commander, Pol Maj Gen Tiraphon Thipcharoen; Interpol Thailand chief, Pol Maj Gen Apichat Suribunya and the commander of the Tourist Police, Pol Maj Gen Surachet Hakpaan.

Edited by elgordo38