POTY Rundown -VOTE CLOSED!

canuckamuck

Poster of the Year prelimnary rundown.  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I suggest getting down to the 20 and then get down from that to a top 5. I think 20 is way too large a number for the finalists poll. There is plenty of time to do this before the end of the year.

You could have been steering this ship

Not the point. The point is having the best contest possible.

A good Captain can make all the difference

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just knocked up this 1st draft unchecked at this stage, I'll get onto that mid morning.

MaejoMTB 10 Canuckamuck 9 UlyssesG 8 Uptheos 7 Soibiker 6 Naam 6 Patsycat 6 Crazy Chef 5 Fletch Smile 5 MeatBoy 5 Pgraham 4 Lannarebirth 4 Fang37 4 AlexRRR 4 Berkshire 3 Opaired 2 Balo 2 Publicus 2

Transam 15 Villageferang 12 Cypresshill 7 Ron19 7 NancyL 6 Jlcrab 6 Street Cowboy 6 Kittenkong 5 JAFO 5 H90 4 Canarysun 4 Notmyself 4 Robertthebruce 4 Cornishcarlos 4 az 3 Morch 3 1Baddat 3 Puukao 3 Dennis123 3

Didn't post how I wanted it to. I'll have a look at that after.

Edited by Ron19

The two sections will be merged to determine the top 20.

It is NOT a two part contest.

So the leaders in each are irrelevant.

The leaders of the two sections MERGED are the thing to watch.

In other words, right now the leaders of the MERGED contest are

Transam with 15 (from section 2)

and

Villageferang 12 (from section 2)

and

MaejoMTB 10 (from section 1)

and

Canuckamuck 9 (from section 1)

etc.

That's why I'm finding this format hard to follow (for the majority with middling votes).

Too bad.

That's the flaw.

Because of this flaw as we approach the ENDING DATE (still apparently undetermined, too bad about that) it will be quite difficult for people to play the game of changing their votes with confidence that they're doing anything.

Another rather large flaw is that with two sections, it forces you to vote for AT LEAST one in each section.

Suppose you only want to vote for one member in the first section. Your FORCED to vote for at least one in the second section.

It's always something. There are pros and cons to any design. This was an interesting experiment anyway.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes but we will be able to sort it out at the end. let's say Wednesday evening, and then all will be in the same list at least.

Also if there is multiple contenders for the final spot, I suggest that we just eliminate all of them which will shorten the list.

We got to do what we can within the confines of the software.

Yes but we will be able to sort it out at the end. let's say Wednesday evening, and then all will be in the same list at least.

Also if there is multiple contenders for the final spot, I suggest that we just eliminate all of them which will shorten the list.

We got to do what we can within the confines of the software.

I'm talking about for the runoff right here.

As we reach the ending of the runoff votes, some of the fun of that potential excitement is stifled by the format here.

People will have to do a lot of work to figure out who they're helping or hurting with vote changing, and I reckon most won't bother.

Yes once it's down to SINGLE polls, that flaw goes away.

Someone does need to formally state the ending date and time for THIS runoff definitively.

Edited by Jingthing

Just knocked up this 1st draft unchecked at this stage, I'll get onto that mid morning.

MaejoMTB 10 Canuckamuck 9 UlyssesG 8 Uptheos 7 Soibiker 6 Naam 6 Patsycat 6 Crazy Chef 5 Fletch Smile 5 MeatBoy 5 Pgraham 4 Lannarebirth 4 Fang37 4 AlexRRR 4 Berkshire 3 Opaired 2 Balo 2 Publicus 2

Transam 15 Villageferang 12 Cypresshill 7 Ron19 7 NancyL 6 Jlcrab 6 Street Cowboy 6 Kittenkong 5 JAFO 5 H90 4 Canarysun 4 Notmyself 4 Robertthebruce 4 Cornishcarlos 4 az 3 Morch 3 1Baddat 3 Puukao 3 Dennis123 3

Didn't post how I wanted it to. I'll have a look at that after.

Nominees List # 1

post-140056-0-51463900-1450051675_thumb.

Nominees List # 2

post-140056-0-74592100-1450051701_thumb.

Edited by Ron19

The two sections will be merged to determine the top 20.

It is NOT a two part contest.

So the leaders in each are irrelevant.

The leaders of the two sections MERGED are the thing to watch.

In other words, right now the leaders of the MERGED contest are

Transam with 15 (from section 2)

and

Villageferang 12 (from section 2)

and

MaejoMTB 10 (from section 1)

and

Canuckamuck 9 (from section 1)

etc.

That's why I'm finding this format hard to follow (for the majority with middling votes).

Too bad.

That's the flaw.

Because of this flaw as we approach the ENDING DATE (still apparently undetermined, too bad about that) it will be quite difficult for people to play the game of changing their votes with confidence that they're doing anything.

Another rather large flaw is that with two sections, it forces you to vote for AT LEAST one in each section.

Suppose you only want to vote for one member in the first section. Your FORCED to vote for at least one in the second section.

It's always something. There are pros and cons to any design. This was an interesting experiment anyway.

I'll include a merged Top 20 in the next draft.

I just voted for every single candidate .laugh.png

I'm seeing a flaw here....especially with Jingthing not in the polling.

Only kidding JT! tongue.png

How can the lovely JT not be nominated?

This could be homophobic

He excluded himself, so it's unlikely to be for homophobic reasons, unless he suffers from some kind of self-loathing.

I just voted for every single candidate .laugh.png

I'm seeing a flaw here....especially with Jingthing not in the polling.

Only kidding JT! tongue.png

How can the lovely JT not be nominated?

This could be homophobic

He excluded himself, so it's unlikely to be for homophobic reasons, unless he suffers from some kind of self-loathing.

I think we can rule out Homophobia after his emphatic victory last year. What was it? 270 people voted for him?

I think that JT did the right thing in taking himself out of the race and standing by to pass the diamond tiara onto another deserving candidate.

I think I'll send him a PM to see what his endorsement is going to cost.

Don't pay more than 500 thb( going rate)-otherwise you destroy the prices for the next election...

Considering I neither sing nor dance, it looks like my best path forward is to lay low and keep my powder dry in hopes of squeaking through to the next round.wai.gif

I could squeeze you into my backing group if you can hum....cheesy.gif

I can do Over The Hill and Far Away for you. whistling.gif

Edited by Ron19