POTY Rundown -VOTE CLOSED!

canuckamuck

Poster of the Year prelimnary rundown.  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went to the local hardware shop this morning to but a set of digital scales..

SiPi (having a brain freeze) to shopkeeper "Do you have one of those things that tells you how fat you are?"

Shopkeeper "Yes, I have a wife".

True story..

Ok, back to the POTY thread..

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a NOMINATION phase.

It is OVER.

eh????where when??????

Well u snuck that past me

Right where do they all line up so i can "run em down", can I use the pick up of should i borrow the concrete lorry?

Edited by kannot

And for those who wish I'd just shut up, I suggest "Avant-garde Afternoon - a Cheerful Chase through some of the 20th century's most challenging compositions". Track 5 is my take on John Cage's 4'33", although due the the more jolly, up-beat tempo my version clocks in at just over three minutes.

I always work from the New Content list so it wouldn't make any difference to me but I understand many people restrict their activity to a couple of sub-forums so miss out on things which happen elsewhere.

So true, so true. I didn't even know there was a TV POTTY (oops, POTY) contest until last year when JT nominated me for my fine contributions to the scholarly & serious Visa sub-forum. I cruised thru the Farang Pub forum a few times and realized it served a great purpose for those who live in isolated conditions (or Chiang Mai residents who want to go to a pub after 12 midnight)

But, here in Chiang Mai we have an active, thriving live farang pub scene -- well at least until 12 midnight. Well, it's active and thriving enough for my taste. Normally I want to be back home by 11 pm.

I didn't realise music was such a key factor in this poll.

Having studied the demographic data assembled by my campaign team, I'm currently recording "SoiBiker Sings the Smooth, Soothing Sounds of the Sixties and Seventies"

Any requests?

"Gotta get across to the other side of town, before happy hour ends..."

I always work from the New Content list so it wouldn't make any difference to me but I understand many people restrict their activity to a couple of sub-forums so miss out on things which happen elsewhere.

So true, so true. I didn't even know there was a TV POTTY (oops, POTY) contest until last year when JT nominated me for my fine contributions to the scholarly & serious Visa sub-forum. I cruised thru the Farang Pub forum a few times and realized it served a great purpose for those who live in isolated conditions (or Chiang Mai residents who want to go to a pub after 12 midnight)

But, here in Chiang Mai we have an active, thriving live farang pub scene -- well at least until 12 midnight. Well, it's active and thriving enough for my taste. Normally I want to be back home by 11 pm.

Great to see you here again Nancy.

A public stoning POTY thread just wouldn't be the same without the company of a lady or two.

The contest here for this PHASE is to prune it down to a TOP 20, not a TOP 18 of the MERGE.

Technical tip for future:

In the case of multiple polls on one thread (as here) users are forced to vote for AT LEAST ONE choice for each poll. A flaw in that is for the people who want to only vote for ONE person total.

That can be fixed for future polls.

Assuming the total of the choices is under 20 for each of the multiple polls, ONE of the choices can be NULL VOTE on each poll. Doing that, voting NULL on one poll, and their ONE choice on the other, voting for ONLY ONE is enabled.

To add, in case some haven't noticed.

While yes you need to vote for AT LEAST one in each of the two polls, you are free to vote for AS MANY CHOICES as you like. Even every single name!

That's kind of fun, eh?

Also, up until the "official" ending day and time of any contest, you are also free to change your votes.

To do so, simply click

Delete My Vote

and then re-vote as you wish.

Cheers and happy voting and campaigning!

May the beast candidate win.

Edited by Jingthing

The contest here for this PHASE is to prune it down to a TOP 20, not a TOP 18 of the MERGE.

In the case of multiple polls on one thread (as here) users are forced to vote for AT LEAST ONE choice for each poll. A flaw in that is for the people who want to only vote for ONE person total.

Assuming the total of the choices is under 20 for each of the multiple polls, ONE of the choices can be NULL VOTE on each poll. Doing that, voting NULL on one poll, and their ONE choice on the other, voting for ONLY ONE is enabled.

While yes you need to vote for AT LEAST one in each of the two polls, you are free to vote for AS MANY CHOICES as you like. Even every single name!

That's kind of fun, eh?

Also, up until the "official" ending day and time of any contest, you are also free to change your votes.

To do so, simply click

Delete My Vote

Cheers and happy voting and campaigning!

May the beast candidate win.

Aye-Aye Captain

That's kind of fun, eh?

To do so, simply click

Delete My Vote

Cheers and happy campaigning!

"The contest here for this PHASE is to prune it down to a TOP 20, not a TOP 18 of the MERGE."

I understand this and if you look at the two lists there is only one five then the next number down is 4 and there are seven of them.

I had to stop somewhere and what I am showing here is not official but something to show trends not meant to be the final list.

If there is a suggestion or policy on the cutoff then I will follow that.

I'm not sure that it matters much what the specific cut off date is, just that there IS one and that it is clearly communicated.

No need to rush it.

There is plenty of time until the end of the year for the next phase or phases.

I have suggested TWO more phases after the prune down to TOP 20.

First -- a new POLL of the 20 to narrow it to a TOP 5

Second -- the GRAND FINAL poll of the TOP 5 to determine the WINNER

Others may prefer to stick to a 20 top as the FINAL poll.

I think that is way too many choices and not enough FOCUS, dampening the potential excitement of the finals.

Still others might want yet another final phase.

For example taking the TOP 5 and narrowing that to a TOP 2 for the GRAND FINAL.

I can see a good case for either, the top 5 or a top 5 AND a top 2 but I feel strongly that going with the TOP 20 until the end is a recipe for WEAK TEA.

Of course I am not in charge so I don't make these decisions. Just suggesting.

To add, even though there are a few minor flaws with the design of this FIRST runoff polling, I think it's going rather well, and the idea of allowing multiple choices is proving a good one. So thanks again for Canuckamuck for his initiative and creativity.

I'm assuming the resulting new poll (of the TOP 20) will go back the traditional ONE CHOICE ONLY design though, right?

Edited by Jingthing

Wow. Someone takes this a bit seriously.

Changed my mind and will vote for everybody except Jingthing.

smile.png

Edit:

Wait a minute. He didn't even make the cut??

cheesy.gif

Vote for me instead. He'll love that.

No thanks. I'll probably vote for someone with a bit of understanding about the country, culture and people. :)