POTY Rundown -VOTE CLOSED!

canuckamuck

Poster of the Year prelimnary rundown.  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to the people who thought enough to suggest my nomination and I think there was four.

I have not taken this step lightly and did so not because of any one person but because I could see something happening that I could not

agree with and as I mentioned before in a previous post that it echoes previous years.

That is all I wish to say and want to leave it at that.

Are you referring to the ghost of David48?

In any case, dude, you don't need any reason to withdraw.

Up to you entirely.

Your exit has been recorded and will be honored.

I wasn't referring to David and like many people don't know why he suddenly dropped off the scene although I do have a theory why.

As far as I can work out he resigned from thaivisa.I did have a lot of time for him and his posts in a number of threads.
Edited by Ron19

We're worrying about whether the capital letters are correct in people's names now?

For heaven's sake, won't somebody with an actual sense of humour step in and get this back to the bit of fun it was meant to be, rather than JT's neurotic bureaucracy fest?

Am still smiling at my place......Mind you, THE WHO is blasting sounds....thumbsup.gif

And so I put it to you posters and posterettes, is this not the exact same set of ideal qualities that we should all be looking for in our 2015 TVF poster of the year?

The poll is falling apart, skirmishes have turned into bloody hand to hand combat, reputations are in tatters and what does Mr Am do, he sits back at home, drink in hand listening to Roger and Pete blast it out, with a smile on his face, far above the fray.

It works for me, I think I might vote for you after all! giggle.gif

We're worrying about whether the capital letters are correct in people's names now?

For heaven's sake, won't somebody with an actual sense of humour step in and get this back to the bit of fun it was meant to be, rather than JT's neurotic bureaucracy fest?

Am still smiling at my place......Mind you, THE WHO is blasting sounds....thumbsup.gif

And so I put it to you posters and posterettes, is this not the exact same set of ideal qualities that we should all be looking for in our 2015 TVF poster of the year?

The poll is falling apart, skirmishes have turned into bloody hand to hand combat, reputations are in tatters and what does Mr Am do, he sits back at home, drink in hand listening to Roger and Pete blast it out, with a smile on his face, far above the fray.

It works for me, I think I might vote for you after all! giggle.gif

I can just imagine him singing along.

"I hope I die before I.... Oh never mind".

Only five and a half hours until the semi-semi-semi-final.

So you're staging a coup then?

Up to you.

I would say good luck but I wouldn't mean it.

I think you've acted in a nasty manner, before promoting a nepotistic old boys club mentality with your previous plan of a totally corrupt method of picking the top 20, and your pink shirt comment shows your true colors.

But if your lot of "rebels" decides to do a coup, then it's your hot potato. I won't fight it and even if I did feel like fighting it, I don't have the authority to fight it any more than you have the authority to stage a coup.

We're all just members.

Enjoy!

Edited by Jingthing

Again, if nobody has staged a coup before:

Thursday 17 December at midnight then I will proceed with the comprehensive plan I presented.

If a coup is staged before then, then I will not.

No skin off my pretty arse either way, dearies.

Edited by Jingthing

Only five and a half hours until the semi-semi-semi-final.

So you're staging a coup then?

Up to you.

I would say good luck but I wouldn't mean it.

I think you've acted in a nasty manner, before promoting a nepotistic old boys club mentality with your previous plan of a totally corrupt method of picking the top 20, and your pink shirt comment shows your true colors.

But if your lot of "rebels" decides to do a coup, then it's your hot potato. I won't fight it and even if I did feel like fighting it, I don't have the authority to fight it any more than you have the authority to stage a coup.

Enjoy!

I am not staging a coup. Actually I will be in bed, but my alarm is set for 23.59. Wouldn't miss the announcement of the semi-semi-semi-finalists for quids.

I used to employ Naam's gardener to take care of the poll lists etc.

He is here with his family enjoying a Rye whisky and soda as we speak....I could ask him to help this year but he keeps singing Naam's praises and talking about how he sold his Thai bonds last September....

I suggest getting down to the 20 and then get down from that to a top 5. I think 20 is way too large a number for the finalists poll. There is plenty of time to do this before the end of the year.

You could have been steering this ship

Not the point. The point is having the best contest possible.

I thought it was to have the best campaign manager.

Don't know about anyone else but I'm starting to find this whole business a bit of a turn off, I mean, having a poster of the year contest is a fun idea but try as we may, this is ceasing to be fun,it seems like the thread(s) are a vehicle needed to massage a single persons ego rather than much else.

And another thing, when I watch an election on TV I really dislike the continuous running commentary, I really don't care how the commentator feels, what he had for breakfast, his sexual likes/dislikes, what he thinks about somebody's hat or much else that he has to say, I want to see the election and the results, that's why I started watching, not to listen to the commentator. Maybe it's just me.

In previous years, people have always clamored for runoffs. I know that better than anyone. And the runoffs generally happened but in a super messy way without any plan or schedule. Why did they happen? BECAUSE PEOPLE CLAMORED FOR THEM.

The uninformed voices who think a BIG list of 20 should be run to the final clearly have no clue about the DYNAMICS of these races as they mature.

So I will implement the plan presented, with runoffs, because that's best for the majority even if a few uninformed hotheads don't get it.

The other alternative is a coup of people doing what the majority won't like in the long run. Yes, I know that.

So I am just implementing something that most people want, whether they know it yet or not.

Edited by Jingthing

Don't know about anyone else but I'm starting to find this whole business a bit of a turn off, I mean, having a poster of the year contest is a fun idea but try as we may, this is ceasing to be fun,it seems like the thread(s) are a vehicle needed to massage a single persons ego rather than much else.

And another thing, when I watch an election on TV I really dislike the continuous running commentary, I really don't care how the commentator feels, what he had for breakfast, his sexual likes/dislikes, what he thinks about somebody's hat or much else that he has to say, I want to see the election and the results, that's why I started watching, not to listen to the commentator. Maybe it's just me.

I used to disappear on two day drinking sprees to combat my desire to invade the thread and interfere.

It was expensive but my first thought was always for the integrity and campaigning vitreol of this contest.

This year I am appalled by its lack of true leadership.

I used to disappear on two day drinking sprees to combat my desire to invade the thread and interfere.

It was expensive but my first thought was always for the integrity and campaigning vitreol of this contest.

Help us, Smokie-Wan Kenobi. You're our only hope.

Old boys club. You're welcome to take this over yourself now.

How many years would that be then?

If you do, you know as well as me that people will be clamoring for a narrowing down a lot from 20. It always happens. Or don't you remember?

My plan is simply organizing around that demand in the design.

Edited by Jingthing

Old boys club. You're welcome to take this over yourself now.

If you do, you know as well as me that people will be clamoring for a RUNOFF. It always happens. Or don't you remember?

My plan is simply organizing around that demand in the design.

When they did they got one.

I had few complaints in any case and stamped them out with my team of blackshirts.

Choose your shirt colour and bash some heads!

Help us, Smokie-Wan Kenobi. You're our only hope.

I've had too much Caiprinho and Rye Whisky...and Happy Hour has just begun...

post-78923-14502610151513_thumb.jpg

They did every year.

(Demand an extreme NARROWING of names.)

If organizing around a predictable demand is a bad thing, I plead guilty of badness.

In my view, it's just smart design that learns from the past.

If you want to join this pack of hyenas supporting a coup, go for it

Edited by Jingthing