Shameless Campaigning for your Vote

NancyL

Hello, loyal Chiang Mai forum readers!

It's that special time of year again. Time to think back about all your special friends and how much you enjoy living in Thailand. Time to look ahead at what you hope to accomplish in the year ahead. No not Christmas and New Years. Time for the annual Thai Visa "Poster of the Year" contest. It's known as the POTY contest, which looks too much like "potty" to my eye, but never mind.

Apparently, this contest has been going on for years, but last year was the first I became aware of it. I'm a "small town girl" here on Thai Visa -- keeping mostly to the Chiang Mai forum, with some forays into the Visa and Health forums. This contest is run out of the "Farang Pub" forum. I rarely, if ever visit that forum. If I want to go to a pub, there are plenty of real pubs here in Chiang Mai, no need to visit one on the internet. But, last year I was nominated for POTY, by a true ThaiVisa character and gentleman -- Jingthing -- and actually came in second. Behind Jingthing! (if I were a guy there would be some jokes made about this)

Now I discover that I've been nominated again and I'm asking for your support.

Please pop over to: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/878367-poty-rundown/

And vote for me!

This is just what they're calling the "preliminary rundown". I guess it's like the primary races in the U.S. Only you won't have to hear about it for a year or more before the real election.

Thank you for your support.

NancyL

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why isn't WTK on there?

I'd vote for him.

The nomination process was done in near-secret on an obscure little forum here on Thai-Visa, the "Farang Pub" forum, which few of us on the Chiang Mai forum every visit because we have some many good live pub options to whine about: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/877018-poster-of-the-year-nominations-start-nominating/

The first I even knew this was going on was when I happened to glance at the "General Forum" and saw a post about the POTY contest, after nominations closed.

Do you realize that this "Chiang Mai" sub-forum is the fourth biggest on ThaiVisa -- after the well-respect "Thai Visas", "Thailand News", and "General Topics" subforums? Yet, did anyone notify us of this contest and ask us to nominate our stars?

So once again, we here in the north don't receive our fair share. It's a small ruling elite calling all the shots.

Vote for me and I promise that next year you'll know about this contest well in advance and will have a chance to nominate all your favorites!

Hello, loyal Chiang Mai forum readers!

It's that special time of year again. Time to think back about all your special friends and how much you enjoy living in Thailand. Time to look ahead at what you hope to accomplish in the year ahead. No not Christmas and New Years. Time for the annual Thai Visa "Poster of the Year" contest. It's known as the POTY contest, which looks too much like "potty" to my eye, but never mind.

Apparently, this contest has been going on for years, but last year was the first I became aware of it. I'm a "small town girl" here on Thai Visa -- keeping mostly to the Chiang Mai forum, with some forays into the Visa and Health forums. This contest is run out of the "Farang Pub" forum. I rarely, if ever visit that forum. If I want to go to a pub, there are plenty of real pubs here in Chiang Mai, no need to visit one on the internet. But, last year I was nominated for POTY, by a true ThaiVisa character and gentleman -- Jingthing -- and actually came in second. Behind Jingthing! (if I were a guy there would be some jokes made about this)

Now I discover that I've been nominated again and I'm asking for your support.

Please pop over to: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/878367-poty-rundown/

And vote for me!

This is just what they're calling the "preliminary rundown". I guess it's like the primary races in the U.S. Only you won't have to hear about it for a year or more before the real election.

Thank you for your support.

NancyL

Shame Shame Shame....

But → it's a pretty good list of worthy posters with various personalities & view points.....

And - you can vote for multiple candidates for POTY.....

Guessing that just to be included on the list is a nice compliment.....There's a few of us CM folks on there this year → that speaks well in itself....

Looks like you are neck in neck with transam (the die-hard defender of the accused Koh Tao defendants). You got my vote. I don't know what that other poll is but uptheos is in the lead. He got my vote too.

I don't know what the other poll is either, but thank you elektrified.

In the lead and I never even knew or canvassed a vote from anyone and I never would. biggrin.png

Edited by uptheos

I have yet to receive my aluminium cooking pot or similar bric-a-brac, so my vote for now is uncast.

Thank you for pointing out my oversight. I have consulted with my campaign managers and they have suggested I ask my supporters to send a PM with a postal address and this valuable book will be sent post haste. Hubby is working thru all the projects in the book with them now.

post-68373-0-57509100-1450082115_thumb.j

At 4.25pm, Nancy is in the lead with 24 votes. My first vote was rejected because you have to pick one on each list, didn't say that anywhere I saw.

Now 25....and, yea, there doesn't seem to be any instructions as to why you have to pick one from Column A and one from Column B. Dumb.....but, I voted for somebody I never heard of in Column A just so I could vote for Nancy in Column B.

At 4.25pm, Nancy is in the lead with 24 votes. My first vote was rejected because you have to pick one on each list, didn't say that anywhere I saw.

Now 25....and, yea, there doesn't seem to be any instructions as to why you have to pick one from Column A and one from Column B. Dumb.....but, I voted for somebody I never heard of in Column A just so I could vote for Nancy in Column B.

You missed uptheos!

But I must admit I didn't really know any of the others - a couple I'd heard of, but the rest could be anyone.

Anyway, it doesn't matter - it's going to be Nancy's year.

Looks like you are neck in neck with transam (the die-hard defender of the accused Koh Tao defendants). You got my vote. I don't know what that other poll is but uptheos is in the lead. He got my vote too.

In the lead and I never even knew or canvassed a vote from anyone and I never would. biggrin.png

You will not campaign and that is why you are in there. Your Humility. Just a constant source of good information with out looking for a reward.

You will not campaign and that is why you are in there. Your Humility. Just a constant source of good information with out looking for a reward.

Thank you very much NJ.

I think the way people need to tell Nancy that they voted for her, suggests they will be calling on her for help soon. biggrin.png

I voted for you as well, I'm going to be asking you to translate all of the dialect written in Wuthering Heights.