Suthep denies planning to set up political party

webfact

Suthep denies planning to set up political party
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Suthep Thaugsubna, chairman of the People’s Democratic Reform Foundation, Monday denied that he planned to set up a political party with embattled Bangkok Governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra.

Suthep said although he liked Sukhumbhand, he had decided to work for people via the foundation.

Sukhumbhand reportedly planned to form a new party because he has been severely attacked by Democrats for irregularities in several projects of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Suthep-denies-planning-to-set-up-political-party-30274897.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-14

Aekkanat denies PDRC foundation chairman Suthep will form a new party

981-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) Foundation chairman Suthep Thuagsuban will not form a new political party nor will he return to the Democrat party, said the foundation’s secretary-general Mr Aekkanat Promphan.

In a message posted at his Facebook page, Mr Aekkanat admitted that he was puzzled by reports in several newspapers that Mr Suthep would form a new political party. He said the PDRC foundation chairman would continue with his foundation’s work and had not thought about returning to politics.

He disclosed that the foundation was engaged in four projects: setting up a model vocational college in Koh Samui which focuses on producing graduates who are well versed in vocational education and are ethical; setting up a model economic self sufficiency community in accordance with HM the King’s self sufficiency philosophy; staging the Samui Festival: Givers’ ride and run during January 23-24; and opening the foundation’s website.

According to press reports, Mr Suthep plans to form a new party to support Bangkok governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra’s aspirations in national politics.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/aekkanat-denies-pdrc-foundation-chairman-suthep-will-form-a-new-party

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-12-14

Who, in their right mind, would believe a word coming form this fools mouth?

Oh dear, silly me, I forgot he has been fully cleansed after donning the gold robes for a few months!

Edited by bdenner

So the guy who has been ... attacked by Democrats for irregularities in several projects of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration might plan to setup a political party with the Sura Thani's king-of-corruption?

cheesy.gif

Ok, caught my breath there... so now, seriously, Suthep knows that political parties will not have any real power under the Junta's coming constitution, so I actually do believe him when he says he's not going to form a new party... besides, he already has his own uber-party in the form of the PDRC version 2016...

Suthep is the creature sent by God to battle the evil anti-Christ and his band of dirty cronies.

Now the goblin is never coming back, Suthep's purpose is fulfilled and his sort aren't needed anymore. Maybe he just doesn't realise it yet.

John you really should read more, Now I now you accuse me constantly of not being able to read anything without pictures, but I do it seems have a memory. Try reading this article from The Economist circa 2002. Funny their analysis of the pre Thaksin world seems awfully familiar to the world of your AntiChrist.

I think my favorite line from the whole article is: "Yet sceptics insisted that Mr Thaksin was just a dinosaur with a marketing division".

Your constant One Trick Pony Tirade, is not simply stupid and ignorant, but it's factually wrong. The problems that beset this country pre date Thaksin by decades, and the problem is that idiots like you can't see past the sugar coated propaganda (if you are not indeed part of the propaganda, I'm still half convinced that you are nothing but a Shill).

The Economist article from 2002 could almost have been written every 5 years since 1972 with the names changed.

Try reading some actual facts for a change, the broken record is getting really really old!

Pleasing the voters _ The Economist.pdf

Suthep is the creature sent by God to battle the evil anti-Christ and his band of dirty cronies.

Now the goblin is never coming back, Suthep's purpose is fulfilled and his sort aren't needed anymore. Maybe he just doesn't realise it yet.

Suthep? You mean the guy that even his own party members tell he is too corrupt? The land selling affair? The strange shortage of palm oil? The one who pocketed baht from the street for.... for what ? We will mever know...

And you should really try to cure your monomania

Suthep? You mean the guy that even his own party members tell he is too corrupt? The land selling affair? The strange shortage of palm oil? The one who pocketed baht from the street for.... for what ? We will mever know...

And you should really try to cure your monomania

And let us not forget

"In 2009, Suthep was accused of violating the Constitution of Thailand by holding equity in a media firm that had received concessions from the government. Under the 1997 Constitution of Thailand, which Suthep had supported, Members of Parliament are banned from holding stakes in companies which have received government concessions. In July 2009, the Election Commission announced that it would seek a ruling by the Constitutional Court to disqualify Suthep. Suthep held a press conference a day later, announcing his decision to resign from Parliament. Suthep's resignation as an MP did not affect his status as a Deputy Prime Minister and as a Cabinet member. If his case had been submitted to the Constitution Court, he would have been suspended from duty as Deputy Prime Minister. He insisted his resignation was not a proof that he had done anything wrong but that he was worried about status as Deputy Prime Minister"

(from wiki and sourced by The Nation).

It's ok though. Like we are witnessing right now if you are in with the right people corruption is A-Ok. thumbsup.gif

It would, IMO, be really great to see 'old crocodiles' like Suthep and 'the prince' (yes, he is a real one) of Bangkok associated in a 'new' political party, dredging all of the ...old school, criminal, filthy, corrupted, paternalistic and nepotistic pseudo-elite, clogging the DP, with them! Allowing a new breed of young politicians to live up to the expectations of the, still, millions of Thai citizens feeling related to a Democrat(!) Party, and allowed to(!!!) drain the parts of the population sharing their views in both the North and North-East!

As it would, still IMO, be really great to see the, and I assume there are scores of them, true, really social minded, leaders of the, initial gathering of movements forcefully 'united' into the so-called 'red shirts' (let's not forget this colour was imposed by the, still, communists Weng and Thida as a conditio si nequa non to join...) organised and financed by, and for the interests of, the Shins, to clearly and definitely separate from the sick minded and/or wealthy 'inspirators', throw out all of their 'old crocodiles', and the though younger most deadly ones, to start a, totally, new party (however difficult it will be without the 'great leaders'' dirty money), relating to the essence of the needs of the vast(!) majority of the, modal, rather poor, Thai citizens, and not only North and North-East, but also South, and Central!

Then, one would have a totally new 'poitical landscape', very much in-line with the, various and different, expectations of the Thai citizens, and able, and willing, to represent them, all of them, for the better of the whole Thai Nation!

It might be a dream of mine, and will, alas, probably remain such, but do admit it would be great, beautifull, ...and allow Thailand to, at last, start(!) becoming(!) a true 'Democracy'!

(There is a monument, as there is one for a revolution, but there hasn't been any more a revolution as ever a 'Democracy' in Thailand, ...till today, and IMO when the last one is not allowed to come up gently and softly, it might in the end be the other one having to break the way open, alas)

Edited by bangrak

Oh dear, silly me, I forgot he has been fully cleansed after donning the gold robes for a few months!

Think whatever you want, but the man is not a fool, and that's what's making him dangerous, not as much as a Thaksin, more 'regionally', but still dangerous!

(And it's a safron robe, not a golden one, where have you been?)

Suthep doesn't need a political party. He is the loud mouth bully pitbull of the junta.

That's what he maybe, still, would like to think about himself... But some people with a sense for analysis would rather say he has been used as a 'loud mouth bully pitbull' (indeed) by 'other people' (in green colour?) to push forward their own self-serving agenda to protect themselves in an, alas, nearing (blue coloured?) future...

It would seem most Nations have people like Suthep, it's not specific to Thailand. We Dutch have our 'Wilders', the French 'le Pen', the Americans Trump.

Didn't know you were Dutch, but to put, the 'populist'... (Thaksin?) Wilders in the same league as a (wealthy) nutcase like Trump, or the epithome of (Southern) corruption called Suthep is quite a stretch, when you allow me.

John, fools have to make their public laugh to keep their head on their shoulders, and nobody's even grinning anymore about your ridiculous statements, as a matter of fact you have even become an embarassment for those among us who criticise the Shins/PTP/UDD etc. for their many wrongs, but who are, also, manifesting their common sense and un-biased approach in a critical, disapproving, way about the, alas growing number, of, erm, 'mistakes' made by the present government, while still keeping their fingers crossed the consequences for the country will not become worse than the ones of the 2006 edition it is a sequel of...

POLITICS
No plan to start party: Suthep

The Nation

30274944-01_big.jpg
Suthep

BANGKOK: -- POLITICAL veteran Suthep Thaugsuban yesterday dismissed rumours that he was going to found a new political party with Bangkok Governor MR Sukhumbhand Paribatra.

"That is completely groundless," Suthep said, adding that he has not met Sukhumbhand for a long time.

Suthep's close aide Akanat Promphan, who is also his stepson, said Suthep had maintained he would never return to the Democrat Party and would not set up a new political party.

Also a former Democrat politician, Akanat was speaking in his capacity as secretary of the People's Democratic Reform Foundation, which is chaired by Suthep, formerly secretary general of the Democrat Party. Suthep would focus his work on running the foundation. "He has not changed his mind."

Suthep resigned from the Democrat Party in 2013, shortly after he led a street protest against the previous government led by Yingluck Shinawatra.

Sukhumbhand, who contested the gubernatorial election under the Democrat banner, has been at odds with his party col?leagues following allegations of irregularities in the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration.

Earlier, amid pressure from Democrat colleagues, it was reported that "a number of supporters from within and outside the party" wanted Sukhumbhand and another former Democrat to establish a new political party, with Sukhumbhand as leader.

Wasan Meewong, an adviser to the Bangkok governor, said he had never heard or been aware of the rumoured plan. "I have never heard Sukhumbhand say anything about this.

He said the governor would hold a press conference late this month or early next year to offer an explanation about alleged irregularities within the city administration.

"The BMA needs to explain so that people get the complete information," his adviser said, adding deputies and heads of relevant departments had been ordered to do this.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/No-plan-to-start-party-Suthep-30274944.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-15

Think whatever you want, but the man is not a fool, and that's what's making him dangerous, not as much as a Thaksin, more 'regionally', but still dangerous!

(And it's a safron robe, not a golden one, where have you been?)

Excuse oh learned one! May all your posts be as perfect as this.

Now the goblin is never coming back, Suthep's purpose is fulfilled and his sort aren't needed anymore. Maybe he just doesn't realise it ye

This is a Buddhist country so no God and no Christ or Anti-Christ as for goblins... go and take the meds John this is embarrassing

... setting up a model vocational college in Koh Samui which focuses on producing graduates who are well versed in vocational education and are ethical

dictionary.com defines ethical as:

adjective

pertaining to or dealing with morals or the principles of morality;pertaining to right and wrong in conduct.
being in accordance with the rules or standards for right conduct or practice, especially the standards of a profession:

I'm not sure Suthep is the right person to set up a college with this goal in mind