Repair to Rolex Watch

misterangry

Be very wary and choosy, maybe use a high end watch shop in Central.

Saying that I used Mr Wong to service mine, which he did but 11 months later it stopped and he didn't honour the guarantee and was a bit rude too be honest so I held on to it and did it in the UK.

In an ideal world I wouldn't, put it in a Rolex dealer in BKK.

:)

The only place to get a real Rolex watch repaired and serviced is tan authorised rolex repair shop and dealer

There is only one in all of Thailand it is as follows:

S.A.B. (THAILAND) LTD. Your Service Centre

89/9 WIRELESS ROAD, LUMPINI
BANGKOK 10330
BANGKOK
THAILAND

TEL: +66 2650 9118

FAX: +66 2651 4979

NAYOTHER PALCE WILL COST YOU MONEY OR POSSIBLY THE ENTIRE WATCH BEING SWITCHED FOR A KNOCK OFF ...BE CAREFUL

A "ROLEX" manufactured and bought in Switzerland is designed to work trouble free for a 100 years. Such a "Rolex" is usually part of an inheritance. Comes with a certificate of authentency with the quality of a Currency Bank Note. By sending the watch back to the manufacturer including certificate, repairs will be free of charge.

OP has probably bought an expensive fake and the Thai "watch fixing talents" will have a field day.

Cheers.

A "ROLEX" manufactured and bought in Switzerland is designed to work trouble free for a 100 years. Such a "Rolex" is usually part of an inheritance. Comes with a certificate of authentency with the quality of a Currency Bank Note. By sending the watch back to the manufacturer including certificate, repairs will be free of charge.

OP has probably bought an expensive fake and the Thai "watch fixing talents" will have a field day.

Cheers.

By sending the watch back to the manufacturer including certificate, repairs will be free of charge.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You clearly never owned a Rolex. Repairs will NOT be free of charge, and Rolex also recommends that you have a maintenance service at least every 10 years, which is also NOT FREE, but will set you back between 20 and 40.000 Baht depending on what model you have.

By the way, Rolex warranty is 2 years only.

Edited by TheCruncher

I have been told that just to do A good cleaning it's around 15000 baht.As far as A guarantee that A Rolex will never stop working,.

Maybe it's true but I have never heard that.Go to the Bangkok dealer and they will tell you everything about your watch.

Just have it serviced at Central in Pattaya, thats the only authorised shop.

For my other watches I always go to Paragon, I would never, never have any premium watch serviced at not a official service point.

Its just simply not worth the risk, if you paid enough for the watch in the past why would you want to risk it all to have it serviced at a non authorised service point.

Take it anywhere unauthorized and you might receive your Rolex insides swapped out with Chinese parts.

You'll never know until you take it to service later by an authorized repair that your watch has a fake inside..

Nice gamble

Saying that I used Mr Wong to service mine, which he did but 11 months later it stopped and he didn't honour the guarantee and was a bit rude too be honest so I held on to it and did it in the UK.

smile.png

I too have used the one in Central for cheaper watches but, for a real Rolex, you should go to Rolex itself and not even to an "authorized dealer". My experience with an expensive vintage Baume & Mercier timepiece was I first took it to Central and was not comfortable with their plan. I then took it back to Los Angeles and called a couple of sleazy "authorized dealers" who, after checking on them, had consumer complaints against them. I wound up sending it directly to B & M in Dallas who sent it to the Switzerland home office for repair. Since it was vintage, a part had to be tooled. Cost me a bundle but now I have the beautiful timepiece in perfect working condition.

Bottom line, I wouldn't let anyone other than Rolex touch the watch if it was mine.

smile.png

I too have used the one in Central for cheaper watches but, for a real Rolex, you should go to Rolex itself and not even to an "authorized dealer". My experience with an expensive vintage Baume & Mercier timepiece was I first took it to Central and was not comfortable with their plan. I then took it back to Los Angeles and called a couple of sleazy "authorized dealers" who, after checking on them, had consumer complaints against them. I wound up sending it directly to B & M in Dallas who sent it to the Switzerland home office for repair. Since it was vintage, a part had to be tooled. Cost me a bundle but now I have the beautiful timepiece in perfect working condition.

Bottom line, I wouldn't let anyone other than Rolex touch the watch if it was mine.

Had mine fixed in the UK, not a Rolex dealer but an authorised repair with guarantee, turned out the part that stops it ticking when the winder is pulled out broke off and jammed the works, it was repaired but they did say only Rolex could supply the part and it would have to go to them or he could remove it and the watch would tick all the time (if wound).

Couldn't afford for it to go to Rolex so I went with the latter, that was almost 2 years ago and its still fine, its an 86 Datejust.

If I can soon I'd like to send it to Rolex to have it done properly, I did have a quote before through Selfridges in London, over £2500 which included and new bracelet, dial and glass etc, wouldn't of been the same watch as mine as a Qatar seal on the dial.

:)

smile.png

Had mine fixed in the UK, not a Rolex dealer but an authorised repair with guarantee, turned out the part that stops it ticking when the winder is pulled out broke off and jammed the works, it was repaired but they did say only Rolex could supply the part and it would have to go to them or he could remove it and the watch would tick all the time (if wound).

Couldn't afford for it to go to Rolex so I went with the latter, that was almost 2 years ago and its still fine, its an 86 Datejust.

If I can soon I'd like to send it to Rolex to have it done properly, I did have a quote before through Selfridges in London, over £2500 which included and new bracelet, dial and glass etc, wouldn't of been the same watch as mine as a Qatar seal on the dial.

smile.png

Selfridges London are a rip off they wanted over £1,000 for a new S/S strap for my Breitling. I had it done at Paragon BKK clean oil and new strap (From Breitling) for a total of 21thbt. They by the way do not service Rolex. The correct address in BKK is some posts further up.

Cheers.

By sending the watch back to the manufacturer including certificate, repairs will be free of charge.

You clearly never owned a Rolex. Repairs will NOT be free of charge, and Rolex also recommends that you have a maintenance service at least every 10 years, which is also NOT FREE, but will set you back between 20 and 40.000 Baht depending on what model you have.

Thanks! You've provided quite a few reasons why not to waste money on a Rolex watch.

Cheers.

Thanks! You've provided quite a few reasons why not to waste money on a Rolex watch.

Do you know of any watch that has lifetime warranty and doesn't need any maintenance?

Cheers.

Do you know of any watch that has lifetime warranty and doesn't need any maintenance?

Going on their prices, I kind of expected it. That's why I thanked you for the education.

Cheers.

I have automatic Seikos that are more than 40 years old and never had the back off, and even if they do need to be serviced Seiko in BKK only charges for parts, not labour. These are watches that probably cost around the equivalent of $200 when new.