VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round

Jingthing

VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tie Breaking Policies

This represents a revision of the previously announced policy.

Semifinals

Best Likes to Post Count Ratio

Grand Finale

30 minute Overtime Period

In case of a tie at midnight, voting will remain open for 30 minutes after the deadline.

If there is still a tie at deadline plus 30 minutes (12:30 A.M.) then Best Likes to Post Count Ratio will determine winner.

---

Example of Best Likes to Post Count Ratio

14000 posts

5000 likes

Ratio is .357

This vastly penalises members who posted a lot before the like system came in.
Too bad. It's only for tie breakers.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly Transam will be the winner this year. 100%

But someone's gotta have some dirt on the guy...

Perhaps a photo of him standing proudly in front of the Yugo he bought as his first car?

Was a Lada wasn't it ?

Man. And I thought I was cruel...

Sadly star poster Ulysses G has decided to withdraw from the contest.

He knew he had no chance in a tie break. tongue.png

I never knew you could be as heartless as me JT...good job!

There could be an additional vote

Best Poster who withdrew from the competition

Sadly star poster Ulysses G has decided to withdraw from the contest.

He knew he had no chance in a tie break. tongue.png

I never knew you could be as heartless as me JT...good job!

Odds-on there will be another rule change before we get to the tie-break anyway.

Actually, at first I thought you said tea-break...

Clearly Transam will be the winner this year. 100%

But someone's gotta have some dirt on the guy...

Perhaps a photo of him standing proudly in front of the Yugo he bought as his first car?

Was a Lada wasn't it ?

Man. And I thought I was cruel...

You know what the definition of embarrasment is don't you ?

LEADERBOARD Poster of the Year 2015 (sizzlin' hot)

Top 5 plus

Transam 40 votes
NancyL 32 votes
villagefarang 20 votes
Crazy Chef 1 18 votes
SoiBiker 16 votes TIE ZONE
Naam 16 votes TIE ZONE
Nipping at the rear:
Patsycat 14 votes
Where, there's the SHAKEUP since the shocking exit of Ulysses G.

When is the cut-off for this thread again? I have lost track.

Still quite a bit of time left, I'm afraid.

The voting for the SEMIFINALS (sizzlin' hot) ends on Christmas Eve.

24 December at midnight

Looking forward from now, it would be a huge surprise if both Transam and NancyL don't make the GRAND FINALE, but the game for the other three places is wide open.

Edited by Jingthing

So I'm out of the race. Oh well, as then former Vice President Richard M. Nixon put it upon losing the California Governor's race in 1962:

"As I leave you I want you to know -- just think how much you're going to be losing--you won't have Nixon to kick around anymore, because, gentlemen, this is my last press conference."

For all those doubters..................laugh.png ...........And many here know it's me..........tongue.png

attachicon.gifdrunk.jpg

attachicon.gifsinger.jpg

My Gawdddddddddddd he's drinking his own urine!!!! any man desperate enuff to do that deserves a votelaugh.png

Absolutely.................clap2.gif

When I produce too much for the doctor's sample I normally just pour it down the drain...

So I'm out of the race. Oh well, as then former Vice President Richard M. Nixon put it upon losing the California Governor's race in 1962:

"As I leave you I want you to know -- just think how much you're going to be losing--you won't have Nixon to kick around anymore, because, gentlemen, this is my last press conference."

There's always time for a late surge, as my mate Rod experienced when we were out cycling this morning. We thought it was best to head for home, after that.

I thought to blame it on the moonlight, the good times, blame it on the boogie,

but he said blame it on the beans.

Edited by StreetCowboy

Still plenty of time.

You could campaign on the forums you haunt.

You could organize backroom deals in smoke filled rooms with the other trailing members to launch a unified challenge.

You could make outlandish promises you have no intention of keeping.

It's not over until the size enhanced lady sings!

Edited by Jingthing

There's always time for a late surge, as my mate Rod experienced when we were out cycling this morning. We thought it was best to head for home, after that.

I thought to blame it on the moonlight, the good times, blame it on the boogie,

but he said blame it on the beans.

Yes, we have seen many last minute surges before, and we're not even close to last minute.

Then there was the year of the "miracle" surge ... the one that came out of nowhere.

Never explained. Never comprehended. It was what it was.

Edited by Jingthing

I didn't vote for you just so you could quit at this early stage in the game, pull yourself together man.

I didn't vote for you just so you could quit at this early stage in the game, pull yourself together man.

As far as I'm concerned, he has not formally requested to withdraw. So he's still in.

Also, I'm not so sure that "just because I'm losing" is really a legitimate reason to withdraw at this LATE stage in the game.

Does he have a doctor's (psychiatrist?) note?

I may have to call an emergency pow wow with Headquarters in Milwaukee.

We can't have mass resignations at this point. That just won't do. There was plenty of time to quit BEFORE.

UIysses G had a much better reason to quit, which I won't reveal.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes, we have seen many last minute surges before, and we're not even close to last minute.

Then there was the year of the "miracle" surge ... the one that came out of nowhere.

Never explained. Never comprehended. It was what it was.

I have it on good authority from a poll of the wives, girlfriends, and concubines that this bunch hasn't had a last minute surge in years.

Most of them don't surge past the first 30 seconds according to just the wives I asked...

As far as I'm concerned, he has not formally requested to withdraw. So he's still in.

Boss Tweed I am not. (1871 by Thomas Nast)

443px-Boss_Tweed,_Nast.jpg

Edited by JLCrab

That's like going home before closing time. In the words of Gordon the Big Blue Engine "It's not wrong; we just don't do it"

Edited by StreetCowboy

I didn't go home -- I just thought not being on the 'leader board' was like not making the cut at The Open. (Or else this is a ploy for getting people getting mad at me for being a quitter and then voting for me just to spite me.)

Resignation Policy Announcement

There has not been a formal resignation policy before.

Now there is.

Resignations will NOT be accepted after the SEMIFINAL PHASE has begun.

The members who have already resigned during that period did so before this policy existed.

Members have plenty of time to realize they have been nominated during the nomination phase and are being voted upon in the RUNOFF polling phase.

If they haven't exited before then, they forfeit their chance to exit.

Members who wish to exit from now on, you are free to elevate this to the management.

But I won't do that for you as that is against the resignation policy on record here.

I do suggest in future that all members who are on the RUNOFF list be notified by PM that they are in the contest, and that if they wish to exit the contest, their deadline for that is before the end of the RUNOFF phase.

Cheers and may the best BLOWHARD win!

To add, members that are in the contest now, if they're just not feeling it, they aren't required to campaign or even read the thread. But the contest proceeds with the remaining candidates in place. Milwaukee has spoken.

Edited by Jingthing

I didn't go home -- I just thought not being on the 'leader board' was like not making the cut at The Open. (Or else this is a ploy for getting people getting mad at me for being a quitter and then voting for me just to spite me.)

We all love you really, even if you are a pain from time to time. laugh.png