VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round

Jingthing

VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So sorry, Patsycat. You and I don't hang out on the same forum. Henri's made the rounds of our Ladies Lunch email group -- esp. here in this condo building where we got the pet policy changed from "no pets" to "cats OK" policy. Or as some would say "cats rule, dogs drool"

That 's great. But if you go down to Bedlam on this Forum, and look for the For Patsy thread - Henri has been around for yonks. There are other threads which can be fun,

Sheryl and i share a love of Bruce Springsteen, and have a special Bruce thread. Did you know that.

Anyway, i shall not post this one in my Bedlam thread, i shall post it here. I hope your ladies that love Henri will also love Simons Cat!! He really reminds me of the cats i have had in my life. Odd!! Good luck in the Poster of the year thingy.

https://youtu.be/oh_1c4NFnk4

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry, Patsycat. You and I don't hang out on the same forum. Henri's made the rounds of our Ladies Lunch email group -- esp. here in this condo building where we got the pet policy changed from "no pets" to "cats OK" policy. Or as some would say "cats rule, dogs drool"

That 's great. But if you go down to Bedlam on this Forum, and look for the For Patsy thread - Henri has been around for yonks. There are other threads which can be fun,

Sheryl and i share a love of Bruce Springsteen, and have a special Bruce thread. Did you know that.

Anyway, i shall not post this one in my Bedlam thread, i shall post it here. I hope your ladies that love Henri will also love Simons Cat!! He really reminds me of the cats i have had in my life. Odd!! Good luck in the Poster of the year thingy.

Patsy a bit off topic but due that you can read German there is pretty good book for you: Akif Pirinci- felidae....though now vote for me....

Crazy Chef. I did vote for you. I voted for everyone. I cannot read or speak German. I live in French speaking part of Swissland.

Which is very nice. and we have a line between the German and French part called the The Rostigraben!!

I shall continue to vote for you. And whatever the outcome, as promised i shall send you a packet of those dried morel mushies. PM me your address and they shall be sent!!! I can get two packs for the price of one at the moment!!

You have to soak them in warm milk etc. But, the instructions on the pack will be in German, French and Italian so i guess you can work it out for yourself.

At Christmas i am just going to cook up some meat with a creamy morel sauce!! And chips.

CANDIDATES CAMPAIGN INTRODUCTIONS

As mentioned before, I contacted all of the semifinalists and asked them if they'd like to be included in a post with a collection of INTRODUCTIONS.

I also mentioned that if they have already posted info like that, I would copy that and include that here too.

Candidates, if for some reason I've missed your introduction, my regrets. You are welcome to post it later of course.

Thank you to all the candidates that DID take the time to present an introduction. To those who didn't, you might appeal to the SLACKER demographic.

villagefarang

This is copied from the forum:
As for who is Villagefarang, yes I do post some pictures but I also start topics in various forums from time to time. Here are a few links to topics I have started.
The following is copied from my Profile Page.
I live in a house, in a field, in a valley, with a view ...
I have lived in Thailand my entire adult life. Soon after completing my studies, I moved to Bangkok. I was not sent here by military, government, god or corporation. I just bought a ticket and boarded a plane with no real plan. I had no idea what I would do or how I would stay here. Somehow it all worked out.
I have been treated well by Thais and Thailand. You will hear no horror stories from me about this place I call home. I seem to have very little in common with the average retiree these days and struggle to reconcile their vision of Thailand with mine.
After 30 years in Bangkok I moved to Chiang Rai and not long after I joined ThaiVisa.
I'm patsycat. And i am a bit drunk.
But not as much as last year, where i think a lot of people were drunk for days on end!!
I am Canuckamuck. I am here because I can never get enough deep intellectual debate. Thaivisa gives me that outlet. I have been in Thailand since 2003, Thai visa since 2004, retired at 37. Now I spend my days calculating dark matter densities in remote sectors of the galaxy. I am saving up for a telescope because my eyes aren’t what they use to be.
Sometimes I think about giving up and going back to the merpeople, but I will miss all this air - even the Chiang Rai air. Vote for me and I will donate 500 trillion dollars to an unregistered charity of my choice.
I started learning Chinese in 1970 when there was no practical use for it. I worked first in Asia 1988 as a Citrus marketing adviser to the the Chinese Agricultural Ministry I started traveling to Thailand in 1990 as it was easier and less costly to make travel connections in Bangkok than in Hong Kong. My first extended trips to Thailand in 2001 were as a skilled volunteer at a Thai Foundation Under Auspices of HM The King.
So while some say most everyone comes to Thailand for Thai women, I didn't -- the women came later.
I'm Fletchsmile. As the 13th of the Istari wizards I wandered Middle Earth for Centuries before choosing Thailand. I think it was somewhere around the Year 1100 of the Third Age, when I arrived, but it could have been a bit later, as I'd had a heavy night the day before, and my memory isn't what it used to be. I'd like to think I encourage people to remember that not all those who wander are lost. I'm a relative newbie on Thai Visa though, and only go back as far as 2007 in this reincarnation. These days, I'm usually found more around the business forum, trying to make myself useful occasionally.

Crazy Chef. I did vote for you. I voted for everyone. I cannot read or speak German. I live in French speaking part of Swissland.

Which is very nice. and we have a line between the German and French part called the The Rostigraben!!

I shall continue to vote for you. And whatever the outcome, as promised i shall send you a packet of those dried morel mushies. PM me your address and they shall be sent!!! I can get two packs for the price of one at the moment!!

You have to soak them in warm milk etc. But, the instructions on the pack will be in German, French and Italian so i guess you can work it out for yourself.

At Christmas i am just going to cook up some meat with a creamy morel sauce!! And chips.

You know what you are talking about...pm will follow...and don't forget the cognac...

LEADERBOARD Poster of the Year SEMIFINALS 2015 (sizzlin' hot)

The top 5 will advance to the GRAND FINALE

Top 5 (plus)

Transam 46 votes

NancyL 38 votes

villagefarang 23 votes

Crazy Chef 1 18 votes

SoiBiker 16 votes TIE ZONE

Naam 16 votes TIE ZONE

nipping at the rear:

StreetCowboy 15 votes

Edited by Jingthing

For all those doubters..................laugh.png ...........And many here know it's me..........tongue.png

attachicon.gifdrunk.jpg

attachicon.gifsinger.jpg

At least you are still sitting in the upright position in the photo.....FOLKS, I have seen a different sitting position previously....

WHO wants a drunkard to represent what TVF is all about?????

BTW....He cant sing either!!!!!!!!!!!, the blue car (He claims is his) in the photo belongs to weegee actually.

You rascal you..........laugh.png

Sorry mate....I have to tell the truth to our Honourable Members...biggrin.png

We have "honourable" members???blink.png

Top 5 (plus)
Transam 46 votes
NancyL 38 votes
villagefarang 23 votes
Crazy Chef 1 18 votes
Naam 16 votes TIE ZONE
nipping at the rear:
StreetCowboy 15 votes

I think its great that the play-off rules benefit the younger members who arrived after the introduction of Likes.

The older members had all the time in the world to win Poster Of The Year back in the day, but chose not to; they have no-one to blame but theselves

Top 5 (plus)
Transam 46 votes
NancyL 38 votes
villagefarang 23 votes
Crazy Chef 1 18 votes
Naam 16 votes TIE ZONE
nipping at the rear:
StreetCowboy 15 votes

I think its great that the play-off rules benefit the younger members who arrived after the introduction of Likes.

The older members had all the time in the world to win Poster Of The Year back in the day, but chose not to; they have no-one to blame but theselves

Fancy a pint of eighty shilling,

CANDIDATES CAMPAIGN INTRODUCTIONS

As mentioned before, I contacted all of the semifinalists and asked them if they'd like to be included in a post with a collection of INTRODUCTIONS.

I also mentioned that if they have already posted info like that, I would copy that and include that here too.

Candidates, if for some reason I've missed your introduction, my regrets. You are welcome to post it later of course.

Thank you to all the candidates that DID take the time to present an introduction. To those who didn't, you might appeal to the SLACKER demographic.

villagefarang

This is copied from the forum:
As for who is Villagefarang, yes I do post some pictures but I also start topics in various forums from time to time. Here are a few links to topics I have started.
The following is copied from my Profile Page.
I live in a house, in a field, in a valley, with a view ...
I have lived in Thailand my entire adult life. Soon after completing my studies, I moved to Bangkok. I was not sent here by military, government, god or corporation. I just bought a ticket and boarded a plane with no real plan. I had no idea what I would do or how I would stay here. Somehow it all worked out.
I have been treated well by Thais and Thailand. You will hear no horror stories from me about this place I call home. I seem to have very little in common with the average retiree these days and struggle to reconcile their vision of Thailand with mine.
After 30 years in Bangkok I moved to Chiang Rai and not long after I joined ThaiVisa.
I'm patsycat. And i am a bit drunk.
But not as much as last year, where i think a lot of people were drunk for days on end!!
I am Canuckamuck. I am here because I can never get enough deep intellectual debate. Thaivisa gives me that outlet. I have been in Thailand since 2003, Thai visa since 2004, retired at 37. Now I spend my days calculating dark matter densities in remote sectors of the galaxy. I am saving up for a telescope because my eyes aren’t what they use to be.
Sometimes I think about giving up and going back to the merpeople, but I will miss all this air - even the Chiang Rai air. Vote for me and I will donate 500 trillion dollars to an unregistered charity of my choice.
I started learning Chinese in 1970 when there was no practical use for it. I worked first in Asia 1988 as a Citrus marketing adviser to the the Chinese Agricultural Ministry I started traveling to Thailand in 1990 as it was easier and less costly to make travel connections in Bangkok than in Hong Kong. My first extended trips to Thailand in 2001 were as a skilled volunteer at a Thai Foundation Under Auspices of HM The King.
So while some say most everyone comes to Thailand for Thai women, I didn't -- the women came later.
I'm Fletchsmile. As the 13th of the Istari wizards I wandered Middle Earth for Centuries before choosing Thailand. I think it was somewhere around the Year 1100 of the Third Age, when I arrived, but it could have been a bit later, as I'd had a heavy night the day before, and my memory isn't what it used to be. I'd like to think I encourage people to remember that not all those who wander are lost. I'm a relative newbie on Thai Visa though, and only go back as far as 2007 in this reincarnation. These days, I'm usually found more around the business forum, trying to make myself useful occasionally.
I don't want people to think I'm appealing to the 'SLACKER' demographic, although if anyone wants to sit back and enjoy a good game of rugby - perhaps in the company of the Carlsberg girls, or watching in the saloon bar of the Lord Rodney, I'll try to keep you abreast of goings on. So here's an extract form a previous post in this thread
STREETCOWBOY!

I'm Streetcowboy, with a limited sense of humour that is easily hidden.

I do my best to keep you abreast of sometimes-overlooked rugby matches

And I'm eighteen and blonde.

And I promise not to abuse my position as Poster Of The Year, other than for financial gain and sexual favours.

SC

Put a V8 into a beaten up old Morris 1000 van once, left it looking tatty, a wolf in sheep's clothing, should have seen the face on the lads when they were left standing at the lights!!biggrin.png

Only give away was the twin tail pipes and fat tyres.

Great fun, me, 6.3 in a Vauxhall Firenza, 5.8 in a VW caravanette.....Fond memories, AND great sounds...thumbsup.gif

I was at a friends performance shop in Napa having work done & talking with the guys there.....Place is full of hot rods/modded & race cars for the nearby Infinion Raceway.....

Looked across the shop and saw a VW Carmen Ghia that didn't look quite right (framed) and sat high with big tires and a differential....Also had a hemi set in the tube frame → Owned by a 50's/60ish little old lady.....

Put a V8 into a beaten up old Morris 1000 van once, left it looking tatty, a wolf in sheep's clothing, should have seen the face on the lads when they were left standing at the lights!!biggrin.png

Only give away was the twin tail pipes and fat tyres.

Great fun, me, 6.3 in a Vauxhall Firenza, 5.8 in a VW caravanette.....Fond memories, AND great sounds...thumbsup.gif

I was at a friends performance shop in Napa having work done & talking with the guys there.....Place is full of hot rods/modded & race cars for the nearby Infinion Raceway.....

Looked across the shop and saw a VW Carmen Ghia that didn't look quite right (framed) and sat high with big tires and a differential....Also had a hemi set in the tube frame → Owned by a 50's/60ish little old lady.....

That would be me, pgrahmm or maybe my Mom, depending upon which decade you made this sighting.