Ford’s redesigned Ranger named Pickup Truck of 2015

rooster59

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone trying to put any Revo up against the current Ranger is a DELETED, as it is hopelessly outclassed as anyone who has bothered to drive both of them would immediately know.

If you are someone who is trying to justify your poor recent purchase, then we understand.

Edited by seedy
language

Has the Amorak had any takers in Thailand?

Be interesting to see how many have been sold.

I recall it having a few people sitting down making bookings at it's Motor Expo release, but the distributor has never reported any numbers.

Anyone trying to put any Revo up against the current Ranger is a DELETED, as it is hopelessly outclassed as anyone who has bothered to drive both of them would immediately know.

If you are someone who is trying to justify your poor recent purchase, then we understand.

Clearly you know little about the Thai motor industry and posts like the above just embarrass you

You own a Ford not a Porsche or Bentley.

Not all Revo's are the same, the 2.7 petrol two door truck is pretty nifty and a pleasant surprise to all the oil burners.

Clearly you know little about the Thai motor industry and posts like the above just embarrass you

You own a Ford not a Porsche or Bentley.

Not all Revo's are the same, the 2.7 petrol two door truck is pretty nifty and a pleasant surprise to all the oil burners.

Hehehe, yeah JaseTheBass can be a little enthusiastic smile.png

The fact is, no current pickups are duds - they've all evolved to a point where they have reasonable ride quality, adequate performance, basic safety features, and interior design, features and tech that no longer draw a hard line between passenger cars and commercial vehicles,

I'm sure that if one of them can satisfy you, any of them can - and whatever model you buy, you'll have a great experience with and will come back here cheering for it smile.png

The Ranger (and it's BT50 restyled sibling) lifted the bar back in 2011 - and have arguably forced everyone else into lifting their game. This current generation really is the first time that the whole field really don't seem like commercial trucks to drive anymore.

However, that's not to say they are all equal though.

Edited by IMHO

On the topic of awards, I don't read this site much - but the Ranger made it into their Top 5 for outright Car Of The Year:

http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-reviews/2015-car-of-the-year-how-the-finalists-were-chosen-37118

The surprises weren't all bad, though. The fact that the Ford Ranger made our final five is testimony to the huge advances made in one-tonne utes in recent years. The Ranger didn't feel a million miles off the rest of the field on our road loop.

A decade ago, jumping out of a Volvo into a Ford ute would have been like trading the Merc for a Massey Ferguson. Not now.

The Ranger also made the Top 5 for the overall Drive Car Of The Year award - which the Everest went on to win:

http://www.drive.com.au/car-of-the-year/and-the-winner-is-20151203-gleyle.html

The result is a very strong family of cars. Ford was represented in six categories at Car of the Year in 2015 and won five - Best Small Car (Ford Focus Trend), Best Family Car (Ford Mondeo Trend), Best Performance Car under $60,000 (Ford Focus ST), Best Ute (Ford Ranger XLT) and Best 4WD (Ford Everest Trend).

If that wasn't enough, three of those five - Everest, Ranger and Focus - ended up among our five finalists for the overall title of Drive Car of the Year.

Go back in time to the mid 2000's when the previous gen had all released, and there's no way you'd imagine that in just one model change away, pickups would be competing for Car Of The Year honors...

Edited by IMHO

Surprised....Continuing the trip → driving around Suphan Buri for 2 days....In and out of stores & up and down the sois .....

NOT ONE new Ford/Mazda style truck spotted - but Chevy trucks & Colorados are out & about.....Some even with livestock racks on the back like real live pick ups.....

Nothing on the side of the roads so guessing there's either a Ford Club meeting somewhere I didn't pass by - or → they're all in the dealers for warranty repairs.....

The "on the road" count down will continue again tomorrow.....

Surprised....Continuing the trip → driving around Suphan Buri for 2 days....In and out of stores & up and down the sois .....

NOT ONE new Ford/Mazda style truck spotted - but Chevy trucks & Colorados are out & about.....Some even with livestock racks on the back like real live pick ups.....

Nothing on the side of the roads so guessing there's either a Ford Club meeting somewhere I didn't pass by - or → they're all in the dealers for warranty repairs.....

Where are all the Hilux's and DMax's? Both of those sell 8:1 to 9:1 to the Colorado... and the Ranger sells 3:1

No need to count cars, here's some delivery numbers for November biggrin.png

Revo: 10,191

D-Max: 9,213

Ranger: 2,975

Triton: 2,222*

As for trends, Revo sales are down 21.5% M-O-M, D-Max down 3.3%, Ranger up 55.1%

*Triton numbers are unofficial - extrapolated from Pickup category minus PPV numbers - official number may vary when released.

Here's the full official numbers for November:

Revo: 10,191 (36.2% market share)

D-Max: 9,213 (32.7%)

Ranger: 2,975 (10.6%)

Triton: 2,222 (7.9%)

Navara: 1,820 (6.5%)

Colorado: 1,102 (3.9%)

BT-50: 656 (2.3%)

Just 5 years ago, the Hilux had 42-44% market share depending on the month.. Since then, Isuzu have lost around 5 points, Ford has gained 9 points, Mitsubishi, Mazda and Chev have gained a point or so, while Nissan remains about the same.

Edited by IMHO

Where are all the Hilux's and DMax's? Both of those sell 8:1 to 9:1 to the Colorado... and the Ranger sells 3:1

Only one or two red plates Toyo one and Izuzu one.....T&I are all over the place but cannot really eagle eye everything as I'm the driver + there's some fine looking women around that from time to time can be distracting.....

I'll try and do better.....

I was in Timor Leste a couple of weeks ago. It is Ranger heaven over there.

I was in Timor Leste a couple of weeks ago. It is Ranger heaven over there.

Apparently the same goes for New Zealand..