Fake Stamp. What to do?

Now where did I put that passport? totally forgot, must have left it somewhere...

Ah well time for a new one.

That would likely be a crime which he's obviously trying to avoid.

On the contrary, he/she seems to like it.

In any case, I doubt very much the op is even a genuine inquiry...just pulling all your collective knobs laugh.png

• Like 1

why is it a crime to lose ur passport?

As above its the subsequent fraudulent application and possible police report that is problematic.

Its must have proof.

So how?

If his show passport after date in application fixed and have proof for this is its can be.

But another way how its can be?

And ofcouse its must realy do not have "in pocket" passport.

But another thinks

If have overstay, in police can be arested?

At least as a US citizen, it is easy to get a new passport while still in possession of the existing valid passport. The problem comes when you are not in possession of the existing passport. If you want to file a fraudulent Thai police report and then present it to the US Embassy in Bangkok, then you are supplying false information to a US government official which is punishable by a fine and up to 5 years in prison. If that's how you choose to go about your life, that's up to you.

Edited by JLCrab

When he applies for a new passport checks will be made to make sure he's not on an overstay and the can of worms is opened. The questions will start and he will have to explain the coincidence of losing a passport whilst on overstay. Then he'll have to to justify the offence of making a false statement to obtain a passport which could result in his being denied a new passport.

whistling.gif In these days of terror warnings, losing a U.S passport is no longer a thing the U.S. Department of State takes lightly anymore.

They will insist on a Thai police report for a "lost" passport.

They always have. I had one stolen 10 years ago, the police report is on the check list, no report, no replacement, not a big deal

Edited by Rob13

why is it a crime to lose ur passport?

As above its the subsequent fraudulent application and possible police report that is problematic.

Its must have proof.

So how?

If his show passport after date in application fixed and have proof for this is its can be.

But another way how its can be?

And ofcouse its must realy do not have "in pocket" passport.

But another thinks

If have overstay, in police can be arested?

Yes you might get away with it, but why risk it when you have a reasonable alternative. I wouldn't want the agency to get busted then potentially have to explain to the police why I tried to conceal a dodgy stamp.

At least as a US citizen, it is easy to get a new passport while still in possession of the existing valid passport. The problem comes when you are not in possession of the existing passport. If you want to file a fraudulent Thai police report and then present it to the US Embassy in Bangkok, then you are supplying false information to a US government official which is punishable by a fine and up to 5 years in prison. If that's how you choose to go about your life, that's up to you.

Why it must be fraudulent report?

If realy get lost. now his not lost. and after look forum and go "for lost"?

Why it must be fraudulent report?

If realy get lost. now his not lost. and after look forum and go "for lost"?

Deliberately losing one's passport is fraud. Nobody is denying that sometimes one can legitimately lose one's passport but that's not what is being discussed when someone says one way to deal with the OP's plight is to just 'lose' your passport.

• Like 2

Yes you might get away with it, but why risk it when you have a reasonable alternative. I wouldn't want the agency to get busted then potentially have to explain to the police why I tried to conceal a dodgy stamp.

You have not risk , you be arest 99% for fake stamp. And after its MAYBE can explaine. Or may be not.

And why need explaine " tried to comceal a doggy stamp"

Anyway, Its not easy situation on my opinion.

And how about take from police report iv have overstay? Its can be arrested for overstay?

Deliberately losing one's passport is fraud. Nobody is denying that sometimes one can legitimately lose one's passport but that's not what is being discussed when someone says one way to deal with the OP's plight is to just 'lose' your passport.

Deliberately ? How you know this is?

And sorry but can tel article of Law

I am not from US, just intresting.

Because different countries have different laws and different interpretations.

Deliberately ? How you know this is?

And sorry but can tel article of Law

I am not from US, just intresting.

Because different countries have different laws and different interpretations.

I don't know what country you are from but regardless, I don't think you're good enough to pull it off if anyone at your embassy even has the slightest suspicion that you are not telling them the truth.

ok;

since u all think "losing" a passport is a big deal

'

just WASH IT

and apply for new one,

last time i washed mine, many of the stamps were unreadable ( or those dam Cambodian visas washed off) but immigration had record of me entering Thailand and they replced the entry stamp for free, if i had overstayed i am sure i would have been fined.

I also accidentally washed my gf's passport.

it happens

no police report needed

• Like 2

I don't know what country you are from but regardless, I don't think you're good enough to pull it off if anyone at your embassy even has the slightest suspicion that you are not telling them the truth.

What do you think is not important.(sorry)Important that it is written in the law and how it treats the court. I hope in the US yet, guilty or not determines the court decision.
And who says you need to speak not the truth? Lost passport if it will not be true? How lost do not ask(or ask?). If you go to dive and grab a passport and passport possible to sink, where is not it? or a walk in the boat you drop the bag with passport?whistling.gif

I don't see how a new passport helps. He would need to have the stamp transferred from the old passport to the new or present both passports at the border. The IO will want to see the current or expired permit to stay in a passport.

How the new pasport helps? He won't have to go to jail, having a bad stamp he very, very likely would. He pays his over stay, and he leaves. Thats it.

He has not broken any law, other than over staying.

I don't see how a new passport helps. He would need to have the stamp transferred from the old passport to the new or present both passports at the border. The IO will want to see the current or expired permit to stay in a passport.

I think it is quite suspicious when you loose your passport when on overstay. I would go to my embassy and explain them about my worry the stamp is fake. If it is fake, I think embassy wiil be willing to produce a new passport. Better than having your old passport registered as stolen or "lost".

Now where did I put that passport? totally forgot, must have left it somewhere...

Ah well time for a new one.

That would likely be a crime which he's obviously trying to avoid.

LOL

asking your country for a new passport is no crime

Filing a false police report is.

no need for that.

just damage it enough to warrant a replacement - washing machine full program at 90 celsius, chewn by dog, all work. no need to lie.

Suggest you head to the nearest border, pay the overstay, and exit.

I don't think that is possible, with a fake stamp in his passport, without getting arrested.

Fake stamp or not his legitimate permit to stay has expired and he's on overstay. Whether he surrenders at an immigration or at the border he stands the chance of arrest. I'd rather take my chances at the border.

Okay.

people have gone on for three pages here without even asking themselves whether the OP is trolling?

it was his first post and no further responses or questions answered (particularly the one about how does he know it was a fakewithout at least some prior knowledge).rolleyes.gif

And more importantly, still not a reasonable answer to his questioncoffee1.gif

people have gone on for three pages here without even asking themselves whether the OP is trolling?

it was his first post and no further responses or questions answered (particularly the one about how does he know it was a fakewithout at least some prior knowledge).rolleyes.gif

He isn't.

From the above re the dog chewing a Passport or a trip through the washing machine explaining the circumstances that 'accidentally' caused such damage to US Government property from State department website:

If you need to replace your damaged passport, you will need to submit the following in person:

• The damaged passport;
  • A signed statement explaining the damaged or mutilated condition of your passport book and/or card;

I really can't believe all the posts on here that suggest one should file a false report at least with the US Government -- or I guess I can which is I frequent with so few farang here in Thailand.

Edited by JLCrab

You have not risk , you be arest 99% for fake stamp. And after its MAYBE can explaine. Or may be not.

And why need explaine " tried to comceal a doggy stamp"

Anyway, Its not easy situation on my opinion.

And how about take from police report iv have overstay? Its can be arrested for overstay?

Any time you break the law there is risk. If the agency gets busted and they have kept records then that risk will go up. If you've unknowingly received a dodgy stamp why then commit a criminal offence in an effort to resolve it - makes no sense.

From the above re the dog chewing a Passport or a trip through the washing machine explaining the circumstances that 'accidentally' caused such damage to US Government property from State department website:

If you need to replace your damaged passport, you will need to submit the following in person:

• The damaged passport;
  • A signed statement explaining the damaged or mutilated condition of your passport book and/or card;

I really can't believe all the posts on here that suggest one should file a false report at least with the US Government -- or I guess I can which is I frequent with so few farang here in Thailand.

Where you see some talk about FALSE report?

biggrin.png

All speak only the truth. Its not crime If you lose a passport or a drop in the sea. Or in the washing machine damage .

If its crime. Please give us an article of the law wai2.gif

• Like 1

Could this be a fishing expedition from Immigration trolls to see how TV members would react or advise?

I guess if you used an agent, the agent is the one who has committed an offence, you acted in good faith.

If there is an issue, refer Immigration to the issuing/(acting on your behalf) agent. Covers your ass and puts a corrupt agent out of business.