Koh Tao: Suspects found guilty of murdering British backpackers

Jonathan Fairfield

I'm saying that it is highly unlikely that, don't forget, they were exceedingly drunk at the time because they allegedly rarely drunk alcohol and it took it's toll on them.

Now why would he (Win) clamber out of bed at 4.00/4.30 AM and go, all alone, down to the beach and mysteriously find a phone and sunglasses?

The whole episode is so far fetched that I wouldn't believe it if the pope told me himself.

If David and Hannah had been murdered, how did both his sunglasses and mobile end up lying in the sand and before you know it, in Win's possession. How did they get separated from him? Think about it, he (David) went to the beach with Hannah, supposedly dropped both his phone and sunglasses in the sand on the way to a secluded area and Win ended up finding them both at 5.00 AM in the morning.

I'm sorry, but in whatever way you look at it this is so ludicrous and sort of story made up by a 5 year old!!

Those that changed their minds as to their belief of innocence or guilt after hearing this series of events are to be commended (Greenchair definitely and I think Stander) others should remove their blinkers and do a bit of serious thinking about their current stance. Don't worry, only Thai's are concerned about losing face. We will congratulate you for manning up to your mistake and welcome you with open arms into our camp - the camp that wants justice delivered to the families for the tragic loss of a daughter and son!!

As I said previously,I had very little knowledge or interest in this case prior to the verdict and sentencing on the 24th, but I have followed with interest here and through links that friends and colleagues have given me.

I am now convinced of their guilt and as a proponent of the death penalty, believe it should be carried out as soon as all avenue of appeal are used up.

You already told us that 10 times. I wish Pinocchio could just take a break from this thread.

Read lucky11’s post and you will see I was simply clarifying my position.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The not guilty camp, can stamp their feet, threat to hit the ignore button and hit out with personal attacks, but the fact is these two savages have been found guilty, and no new evidence will be heard in the appeal, so the sentence will stand.

The not guilty camp, can stamp their feet, threat to hit the ignore button and hit out with personal attacks, but the fact is these two savages have been found guilty, and no new evidence will be heard in the appeal, so the sentence will stand.

You have no idea so you listen to Lucy I would suggest you follow a few different people and do a little research instead of sending them 2 young men to the gallows.

Edited by StealthEnergiser

Right. It's likely the next court will see the prosecutions case for what it is, their DNA for what it is, a mediocre attempt to pull the wool over... So far it's only succeeding with sheep.

...at the thought of that: do you wet your pants with excitement? coffee1.gif

Thanks, for proving my point.

Heard of Guantanamo Bay?

Yes that was all that was said. Have you read otherwise? If so provide me with a link.

Yes a plastic bag over your head if tight enough can suffocate. But was that said by the defendants?

Oh I can very well imagine what it is like to be threatened as I have been in quite a similar situation before during an armed robbery.

Oh boy...you are really are something!

1) we are talking about POLICE, aren't we?

Guantanamo Bay is a military base and what happens there has nothing to do, with "police" in "civilized countries" getting confessions out of suspects, by torture on a daily basis!

And mind you: what ever goes on there, was part of a congressional investigation, which findings were widely condemned by "civilized nations" the world over and even in the US!

So- again- NAME ONE!

2) If I were to believe your little folksy story about the "armed robbery" (which I do not! Not for a second!)- how is that anywhere near being tortured?

The fact, that you put your "knife to the throat"- story on par with "torture", shows, that you are talking out of the lower end of your digestive system!

You might take a look at your (inadequate) Guantanamo- example: waterboarding, sleep deprevation, anal feeding, beatings etc.!

On what planet is that the same as "being threatened"

That is like saying "I know, how it is to get a bullet to your stomache! I once was in a car accident and broke my arm!"

But here is the thing: please prove, that you were in that "threatening" situation.

Within the next 5 days, send me a) a copy of your passport or ID, b ) another picture of yourself (no head- wear, sunglasses...) and c) a newspaper clip, that links you to an "armed robbery"! ( I am sure you or your mommy have such a clip, as you were in that traumatizing situation)!

So...prove it!

No pressure!

You have time!

No one is beating you, no one is trying to suffocate you and if you choose not to prove it, you will not loose your health, life or sanity (...oh...well...)!

You are a comical genius!

Thanks for the compliment.

Lucky to have survived (how is a long story). Police report of stolen items and doctors report of sustained knife cuts and bruises) were made and sent to insurance. We decided to leave it at that.

The assailants were Thai migrant workers in Malaysia (did not understand my Malay and had typical Thai tattoos on their shirtless bodies).

I was in no way comparing this to torture, just comparing it to what the B2 claimed was done to them ( a bit of punching and a plastic bag over their heads) and saying they were pussies if that would be enough to make them confess to a crime they would not have committed.

Speaking of migrant workers: Do you have any idea of the violence that goes on in these worker camps? The drug and alcohol abuse? Do you have any idea of what goes through the minds of these people? Are you aware that most burglaries (yes also here in Thailand I have a personal experience) involve migrants?

Are you aware that this year alone there are 126 murder cases in Thailand involving Myanmar people? (yes I know what you are going to say.... all scapegoats).

And guess what? Although I am quite convinced that the B2 are guilty I do not blame them as I do understand their desperation....

If I was being held by the RTP on a serious charge such as this - and they threatened to tie me up and throw me in the river, or pour gasoline over me and flick a lighter, or put a gun against my head and cock it.....I would simply laugh at them!! I would honestly!! do you think that they could do anything like this?

Think about it, question from the press "where are two suspects now? answer from the police "they self immolated in their cells or bullets came from somewhere and hit them both in the head or they escaped custody, must have tied each other up and fell into the river!!

These are not threats or torture they are their imagination running wild in a desperate attempt to fool gullible people into supporting them. I wouldn't mind betting that Amnesty International or some other human rights organisation told them what to say the RTP did to them. I can just imagine it - the plastic bag over the head with the gun is a good one, it worked marvellously in Guantanamo Bay, it works every time. let's go with that one and the gasoline/lighter one as that's a whizz!!

oh my .... what a load of crap you let go here ...

why not try THIS:

If you had been - taken late in the night,

into the unknown hotel room

in a different country by someone claims to be a police

WITHOUT any charges

when you can't read and clearly understand the language

when there's no family, friends, etc, to inquire about your whereabouts later on

when you are there (wherever) alone (no other buddies, cellmates, etc.,)

when you have no money

when you have no valid documents on you (passport, visa, etc.,)

when NO ONE knows where have you been taken to (and WHY really)

And have been told - you either gonna sing the song we will teach you or you are the history

(when you must bite through the plastic bag over your head to get a bit

of air in)

You indeed will be LAUGHING at them back !!!!

You're my HERO!

Thanks for staying in the Lucy camp she seems a bit lonely

I see no reason to switch camps.

From a BBC News article today:-

"Protests against the conviction in Thailand of two Burmese men for the murder of a pair of British tourists have been growing in Yangon.

The Thai embassy's consular section in the Burmese capital said it would be closed for the week in the wake of the "unexpected and prolonged" protests."

What DID they expect? Cheering crowds applauding the "fair and transparent trial"?

Yes, again it is the top BBC story in Hannah's home county, Norfolk. The Witheridge family will of course be aware. Still no word from them regarding their satisfaction at the judgement.

Hundreds of people, including Buddhist monks and ordinary citizens, were reported to have taken to the streets on Tuesday. Thai media has earlier reported that Thai authorities asked Myanmar to contain the protests.

The family of Mr Miller say they believe justice was done by the court, in which "the judges were invariably diligent, attentive, fair and extraordinarily hardworking," said David's brother, Michael.

Thai police spokesperson Gen Dejnarong Suthichanbancha has consistently defended the investigation saying it "was done transparently and in compliance with international standards".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35196816

Edited by catsanddogs

Not all. Not even close to all.

Speak for yourself - it's something I always set out to do. Perhaps if you examined your conscience on occasions then you can too be like me!! Just keep trying to improve and you will get there eventually. Good luck on your journey.

I wasn't referring to myself!!

My conscience is just fine.

Not sure how some others sleep though, not sure at all.

Edited by Bluespunk

As I said previously,I had very little knowledge or interest in this case prior to the verdict and sentencing on the 24th, but I have followed with interest here and through links that friends and colleagues have given me.

I am now convinced of their guilt and as a proponent of the death penalty, believe it should be carried out as soon as all avenue of appeal are used up.

Third time you've come out with this trite statement. It was BS the first time, the second time and remains so this third time.

Why not PM one of your buddies and ask them for advice on something more purposeful to say, because no one really cares what you think I'm afraid.

I have long suspected Bluespunk that the " hang the Burmese Brigade" are in fact only 2 people using several IDs. I would be very surprised if Stander exists separately from the main 2, Study the fact he has no opinion at all and just parrots the same post over and over. The timeline of their posts is very suspicious because they appear sometimes in 2/3 minute sequences. On one occasion 2 days ago they supplied 4 posts in 3 minute intervals.

If that was the case (there's only me BTW) then our effort to counter your entourage of posts becomes all the more impressive. Ever seen that film Zulu?

and here is the problem with this thread. There is a small group of posters who are being belligerent in their continued baiting. It amazes me that you see post volume as in any way important. Of course it isn't. This isn't a game or a competition..

Talking of multiple accounts, there is a marked similarity in style and language in some posters who have been pointed out to post in quick succession.

I know this is off topic, but some of us are sick of the constant attempts to derail and close the topic. Please just don't bother with the shills or the trolls, or this thread will simply be closed like all the rest.

(original post cut for excessive nesting)

I'm saying that it is highly unlikely that, don't forget, they were exceedingly drunk at the time because they allegedly rarely drunk alcohol and it took it's toll on them.

Now why would he (Win) clamber out of bed at 4.00/4.30 AM and go, all alone, down to the beach and mysteriously find a phone and sunglasses?

The whole episode is so far fetched that I wouldn't believe it if the pope told me himself.

If David and Hannah had been murdered, how did both his sunglasses and mobile end up lying in the sand and before you know it, in Win's possession. How did they get separated from him? Think about it, he (David) went to the beach with Hannah, supposedly dropped both his phone and sunglasses in the sand on the way to a secluded area and Win ended up finding them both at 5.00 AM in the morning.

I'm sorry, but in whatever way you look at it this is so ludicrous and sort of story made up by a 5 year old!!

Those that changed their minds as to their belief of innocence or guilt after hearing this series of events are to be commended (Greenchair definitely and I think Stander) others should remove their blinkers and do a bit of serious thinking about their current stance. Don't worry, only Thai's are concerned about losing face. We will congratulate you for manning up to your mistake and welcome you with open arms into our camp - the camp that wants justice delivered to the families for the tragic loss of a daughter and son!!

You already told us that 10 times. I wish Pinocchio could just take a break from this thread.

Read lucky11s post and you will see I was simply clarifying my position.

Sorry, lucky 11. Didn't you know. Wei didn't go down to the beach all by himself. he was woken by Muang Muang and they both went down to the beach. They separated and that's when Wei innocently stumbled on a telephone.

Muang Muang alibi is hilarious too.

"I was with my girlfriend "

How original is that? ?

Certainly some porkies being told, but not from the guilty campers.

Emmanouil (Manolis) Dermitzakis - Professor of Genetics at the University of Geneva in Switzerland say that Race cannot be determined from DNA profiles.

See his Reddit AMA

I'd wager he knows more about DNA than most posters here.

Also population geneticist John Novembre say race cannot be determined by DNA profiling.

He explained it in a Reddit AMA: "There simply hasnt been enough time since we spread across the globe for extensive differences to have accumulated across the genome."

I'd wager he knows more about DNA than most posters here.

While certain characteristic can be shown by profiling DNA this is way beyond basic profiling and takes weeks if not months to develop a theory which may be more or less accurate.

Now Mr Tee, I have not tried this at home, but I am told by folk that know about these matters: the average male ejaculation contains enough fluid for 1,000 samples of DNA.

Being liberal, let us assume that the RTP required, for the perfect case, 73 samples for their deliberations. Then what has happened to the balance which be more or less 927 units of sample?

I have no connection with any other posters here and not wanting to repeat myself, I can say that now that I am more acquainted with the facts, I am content with the guilty verdict and as proponent of the death penalty, I do support the sentence.

Third time you've come out with this trite statement. It was BS the first time, the second time and remains so this third time.

Why not PM one of your buddies and ask them for advice on something more purposeful to say, because no one really cares what you think I'm afraid.

I have long suspected Bluespunk that the " hang the Burmese Brigade" are in fact only 2 people using several IDs. I would be very surprised if Stander exists separately from the main 2, Study the fact he has no opinion at all and just parrots the same post over and over. The timeline of their posts is very suspicious because they appear sometimes in 2/3 minute sequences. On one occasion 2 days ago they supplied 4 posts in 3 minute intervals.

If that was the case (there's only me BTW) then our effort to counter your entourage of posts becomes all the more impressive. Ever seen that film Zulu?

and here is the problem with this thread. There is a small group of posters who are being belligerent in their continued baiting. It amazes me that you see post volume as in any way important. Of course it isn't. This isn't a game or a competition..

Talking of multiple accounts, there is a marked similarity in style and language in some posters who have been pointed out to post in quick succession.

I know this is off topic, but some of us are sick of the constant attempts to derail and close the topic. Please just don't bother with the shills or the trolls, or this thread will simply be closed like all the rest.

In other words, everyone is entitled to an opinion as long as it strokes with yours, otherwise it is considered baiting and derailing the thread.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Don't think you would be too far wrong on the idea, of a couple of trolls flooding the discussion with not necessarily false information but carefully selected one-sided information used to confuse and counter any suggested info. not to the cause they are heavily promoting

Right. It's likely the next court will see the prosecutions case for what it is, their DNA for what it is, a mediocre attempt to pull the wool over... So far it's only succeeding with sheep.

If anything their position has worsened so I cannot see how they could possibly overturn this case. As for the DNA aspect - it seems pretty clear to me that it was quite damning in the first place and instrumental in their prosecution so that won't change. I don't hold out for anything at all with the appeal, they might as well not bother!!

I see no reason to switch camps.

Due to the fact that might need a little original thought and critical thinking

As to an overly-nested post above as to whether corroborable evidence exists, for now, the written opinion of the Judges says there is sufficient evidence for a conviction whether wiser-heads disagree or could give 100 or 200 reasons why such opinion is faulty or not.

A lesson for honourable poster Mr Crab, JL.

When the embers of the fire are subsiding, and to the throbbing sounds of the didgeridoo, the indigenous folk in Australia hold a corroboree , this results in corroboration. Even Rolph Harris knows that!

Every else one knows that Thailand was never colonised by anyone except the Japanese and Burmese. Therefore the corroboration you are seeking could never be found in Thailand. Like the DNA, it does not exist, except to say the DNA did exist but got used up.

It reads like poetry, but my brain cannot grasp de meaning ... hidden message?

she runs the CIFS for the Justice Department, she employs people trained to do the various tasks involved with a crime scene, they are the most well equipped and recognised to carry out that task in Thailand and yet they were excluded from this investigation most likely because they are not under the control of the police or government - everything they do is above board and by the book

But that still doesn't make they are capable and probably explains why the sample were sent to a lab in Singapore.

Unbelievable the amount of rubbish being spewed here, no samples went to Singapore, they were all tested in Bangkok by the RTP. Please do your research before posting such significant information that is incorrect.

I'm afraid that he is correct - they were tested in Singapore. Apologies forthcoming from you?

From the Nation.

Semen and cigarette butts seen as key to finding who killed Britons on Koh Tao
Semen found on the body of one of the two British tourists murdered on Koh Tao in Surat Thani province last Sunday will be examined in a Singapore laboratory, national police chief General Somyot Poompanmoung said yesterday.

Somyot said the DNA test would be able to identify the race, hair colour and skin colour of the person, which would help with the police investigation.

It is understood cigarette butts found at the crime scene will also be sent to Singapore for DNA analysis, although Somyot did not mention the butts in his remarks to reporters yesterday during a visit to the island.

You mean it is HUH who is spewing an unbelievable amount of rubbish?

Well it is now about 4 hours after you corrected him, with links to resources, and a apology still hasn't been made, so I assume that he is exactly doing what he accuses other posters of and that is throwing bait and derailing the thread.

In other words, everyone is entitled to an opinion as long as it strokes with yours, otherwise it is considered baiting and derailing the thread.

Thanks for clarifying that.

You couldn't be more wrong. You don't even know what my opinion is. You have done a good job of proving the point however. The evidence of what I said was already out there for all to see, but thanks all the same.

As to an overly-nested post above as to whether corroborable evidence exists, for now, the written opinion of the Judges says there is sufficient evidence for a conviction whether wiser-heads disagree or could give 100 or 200 reasons why such opinion is faulty or not.

When the embers of the fire are subsiding, and to the throbbing sounds of the didgeridoo, the indigenous folk in Australia hold a corroboree , this results in corroboration. Even Rolph Harris knows that!

Every else one knows that Thailand was never colonised by anyone except the Japanese and Burmese. Therefore the corroboration you are seeking could never be found in Thailand. Like the DNA, it does not exist, except to say the DNA did exist but got used up.

One of the defendants, Wai Phyo, said police had handcuffed him naked after he denied he was a man captured on low resolution CCTV footage near the crime scene on the night of the killings.

“A police officer came back into the room and flicked my genitalia very hard. I tried to protect myself but he pulled my legs apart. They also took photographs of me naked,” Wai Phyo told the court during the last two days of witness testimony.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/11/defendants-in-trial-over-british-tourists-are-victims-of-torture

This happened before the DNA match was announced. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that semen could have been extracted by this torture, however minute an amount.

Very strange how he says that same thing every few pages. Are they getting paid per post or something?

Yes:

So we tanned his hide when he died, Clyde

And that's it hangin' on the shed!!

This is in response to my question as to whether it was impossible that he found the phone and sunglasses I think?

So basically you are saying it is not impossible?

as for why did he go? I think it was stated that he went to look for the guitar that had gone missing? which the next day turned up at AC bar? with Mon's relative? Who took it from the beach to the AC bar in themiddle of the night??

And you make a MASSIVE assumption when you say that David went to the beach with Hannah - Can you prove that? Where has that come from. As far as I am aware the majority feeling is that they were not together on the beach and that David stumbled onto something happening (possibly whilst looking for her).

Things you consistently state as fact are at best assumptions that meet your needs.

You don't half talk a crock sometimes, like DD and GB - all the same?