297 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your ONE top choice for Thaivisa POSTER OF THE YEAR 2015

• Crazy Chef 1
    • NancyL
    • SoiBiker
    • Transam
    • villagefarang

This poll is closed to new votes

Interesting attempt to claim the moral high ground. Thai visa as a kind of batsignal for Nancy the superhero. That's a mighty high horse you're riding.

This poll is meant to be a bit of fun. A concept you've clearly struggled with from the start.

I'm going to put a cape on Mr. Bitey.

I can have fun. That's the beauty of Thai Visa, there are something like 8000 subforums, so you there's something for everyone, at any time of day. To trash it out with a "Null Vote" is well, just .... plain..... wrong.

Edit: Didn't take me long. Super cat.jpg

That's just the point, though. It's a big forum, with different sides to it. Some of it is about useful advice, some of it is just about having a laugh and taking the piss.

You brought the two together by trying to leverage your apparent good deeds to win votes in what should just be a bit of fun, and now you're complaining that one is spilling over into the other.

You made that happen. You only have yourself to blame.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very few people outside the U.S. would think of the car first, for sure.

Yeah, the word "TransAm" as in "Transit America" i.e. from the Smokey and the Bandit movies is just so 1970s. And remember, Hubby and I owned a 1976 Screaming Eagle Black Trans Am, with a 6.6 Liter Engine, but we matured.

I do think that now, when most people hear the word "Trans" applied to a person, they think of the gender connotation.

Trying to grab some cool credits for owning a TransAm. That's hilarious considering you graduated to a Prius, You can't have it both ways.

Someone is clearly paying attention. Just shows that some people mature in life and others don't. Hubby and I and went from owning a 1976 Trans Am to (oh dear, you really don't want the entire list) to that Prius when we decided to retire to Thailand and totally go green. No need to own a vehicle in Chiang Mai, so yes, we've had it both ways in our lives. We've seen the light and matured. Can others claim that?

Very few people outside the U.S. would think of the car first, for sure.

Yeah, the word "TransAm" as in "Transit America" i.e. from the Smokey and the Bandit movies is just so 1970s. And remember, Hubby and I owned a 1976 Screaming Eagle Black Trans Am, with a 6.6 Liter Engine, but we matured.

I do think that now, when most people hear the word "Trans" applied to a person, they think of the gender connotation.

Trying to grab some cool credits for owning a TransAm. That's hilarious considering you graduated to a Prius, You can't have it both ways.

Someone is clearly paying attention. Just shows that some people mature in life and others don't. Hubby and I and went from owning a 1976 Trans Am to (oh dear, you really don't want the entire list) to that Prius when we decided to retire to Thailand and totally go green. No need to own a vehicle in Chiang Mai, so yes, we've had it both ways in our lives. We've seen the light and matured. Can others claim that?

noooooooooooooo now youve spoilt it.......i just cant vote for a pipe smoking beardie weirdy greenybah.gif

So you never got on a thing with two wings, you and hubby row.....?

They walked/swam here in their green Jesus sandals for chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarity etc etc

POTY 2015 GRAND FINALE STANDINGS

post-37101-0-41701300-1451313503_thumb.jNancyL's epic struggle to comeback;

On this day, in the year 2015, the NULLIST party is established

Transam 72 votes (this gentleman is currently in the lead)

NancyL 60 votes (the lady's not for turning, just kidding)

Null Vote* 47 votes

villagefarang 18 votes

Crazy Chef 1 -- 9 votes

SoiBiker 7 votes (this gentleman has associated himself with the NULLIST party)

THE POTTIES Committee in Milwaukee thanks you for voting.

POTY WINNER is crowned at midnight 30 December.

* Null Vote may not be eligible for the POTY crown.

No rights reserved. Weak tea -- don't do it.

Edited by Jingthing

Trans made a smart move by posting fewer videos and Nancy has shot herself in the foot with her dishonesty, nasty putdowns and over zealous pandering. My money is on Trans at this point as long as he doesn’t lose his cool.

Trans not losing his cool? That's one to watch.

It is clear only two people on here are willing to do what it takes to win this thing. I am not sure anyone can spin that as a good thing, it just is what it is. After the winner is proclaimed I would be interested to hear their thoughts on whether they think it was worth the price they paid personally. I know I have lost a lot of respect for two of the posters.

Edited by villagefarang

It is clear only two people on here are willing to do what it takes to win this thing. I am not sure anyone can spin that as a good thing, it just is what it is. After the winner is proclaimed I would be interested to hear their thoughts on whether they think it was worth the price they paid personally.

Look at JT for the damage that winning Poster Of The Year can do. The fairest thing to do is vote Null, but euthanasia is a possible alternative. Bumlooker26 took it stoically

It is clear only two people on here are willing to do what it takes to win this thing. I am not sure anyone can spin that as a good thing, it just is what it is. After the winner is proclaimed I would be interested to hear their thoughts on whether they think it was worth the price they paid personally. I know I have lost a lot of respect for two of the posters.

Good grief, you are a constant voice of doom and gloom, always complaining about some unnamed person or incident or perceived slight and putting unnamed people down with snide insults.

It's really boring.

saai.gif

Edited by BookMan

Do people really know you? I don't feel that I do and I read the forums a little bitwhistling.gif . Seriously, I still don't a robust and clear impression of what you're about as a very possible POTY.

You know, the DEEP stuff. Your CORE VALUES. What makes transam tick. Without the video flash. Go deeper. The voters deserve it.

It's entirely normal that FRONT RUNNERS come under more intense SCRUTINY.

Asks the resident troll...

Trans made a smart move by posting fewer videos and Nancy has shot herself in the foot with her dishonesty, nasty putdowns and over zealous pandering. My money is on Trans at this point as long as he doesnt lose his cool.

TransAm already lost his cool on post #852 "Hmmmmmmm, most of my posts here have been REPLYING to POTY feeeerkin ADMIN.........YOU.........Why don't you just bugger off somewhere, STOP protecting YOUR chum and let voters do their stuff...?

Trans has NOT slagged any contestant off....FACT...."

This comment was directed at our extreme high Poll Lord Jingthing. Nice to know TransAm can be polite to those who have volunteered to go above and beyond the call of duty.

Hope TransAm is willing to volunteer the same next year and puts in as many hours, with as much wit and grace.

If not, then he should just lay-off JT and let him make up his own rules.

Personally I like to hear from the contenders who made the first 40 nominations or from those who made it into the second round, what they thing of the current crop of contenders.

I'm still the Null Vote, still deciding.

For the sake of the contenders, vote Null.

Let them all cry out

With one great shout

No-one is more popular!

my take:

NancyL sounds like a 'Good person' and devotes her life to 'saving others' - this is GOOD but i dislike the 'self-promotion' on the Chiang Mai thread

JingThingy is a 'Dame' and tried to be consistently funny but fails on occasion and has 'unusual bias' "Drama Queen" comes to mind

Transam seems solid but quirky and too hooked up with his car

Soibiker seem ok guy but should have dropped out of this mess earlier

Thaivisa should have taken a GRIP earlier and made it a one vote NO CAMPAIGNING fun contest a Millennium ago in the 'general' section