• SoiBiker
    • Transam
    • villagefarang

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, please let's stick with not having any photos of kids this year, 'K? It's one thing to pimp out your pets and cars, but your kids, come on?

It's a bit late for that. At least a couple of candidates have already posted them.
OK, OK, just ONE photo of me with my son. It's a little dated, however:

attachicon.giffirst born.jpg

Btw is this a JU-52 in the background...just kidding

Way-to-go. Had to look that up with my friend, Dr. Google. I just love him. Nope, you're just a decade or two off:

Funny story aside...during WW II my grand dad used to fly one of these beauties...years later there has been an opportunity to fly in one of this planes though my father bought a ticket for grand dad...but ten minutes after take off opa went to the cockpit and told the pilot to <deleted> of because he can do better..may he rest in peace...

But, please let's stick with not having any photos of kids this year, 'K? It's one thing to pimp out your pets and cars, but your kids, come on?

It's a bit late for that. At least a couple of candidates have already posted them.

Way-to-go. Had to look that up with my friend, Dr. Google. I just love him. Nope, you're just a decade or two off:

Just Kidding...respect you look awesome...despite Bikey don't believe it...

Just Kidding...respect you look awesome...despite Bikey don't believe it...

That was a picture of Audrey Hepburn.

I see that I GAINED votes when I went off-line for a few hours this afternoon. Maybe I should do that more often. Got a call from the head nurse at the gov't hospital ortho ward. An elderly expat was insisting he was ready-and-able to get-up-and-go. Slight problem -- he hadn't had the surgery he needed after being involved in an accident yesterday. I brought a hamburger and milkshake and talked with him a little bit. With luck (and some drugs), he'll stay put until his surgery tomorrow.

Too bad I didn't get his ThaiVisa user name and password.

You actually did think it was her, didn't you?

Priceless.

Soi Biker, I bet you've gone around during this holiday season telling little kids that Santa Claus doesn't exist, either. That's really Him in Crazy Chef's Avatar, don't you know?

What a Killjoy!

I see that I GAINED votes when I went off-line for a few hours this afternoon. Maybe I should do that more often. Got a call from the head nurse at the gov't hospital ortho ward. An elderly expat was insisting he was ready-and-able to get-up-and-go. Slight problem -- he hadn't had the surgery he needed after being involved in an accident yesterday. I brought a hamburger and milkshake and talked with him a little bit. With luck (and some drugs), he'll stay put until his surgery tomorrow.

Too bad I didn't get his ThaiVisa user name and password.

clap2.gif .....................rolleyes.gif ..............gawd.........coffee1.gif

Well, at least this guy didn't pee or vomit on me the way they sometimes do when I get called to the hospital to help with communication problems. That's what I'm known for around there -- helping them to communicate with old white guys and get them to co-operate. Guess that what's makes me about to handle the crowd on ThaiVisa. Well, only it works out better at the hospital. Usually the guys are more lucid.

Alright, I'm going to go off-line again. I probably stepped over the line being disrespectful to the elderly foreigners who find themselves alone, confused and hospitalized at the gov't hospital, worried about how they're going to pay the bill and not understanding what's happening to them.

I've got to work on the CEC e-Newsletter now. I'll check back in a few hours to lose more votes for myself.

OK, time for a little honesty here.

SoiBiker, and credit to you sir, picked up that the photo of Nancy holding her child, which everyone liked, was fake. Despite the many posts inbetween when you had a chance to say - oh, only joking, you didn't.

Firstly, I thought it was against the rules of ThaiVisa to remit copyright material without at least acknowledgment of the original author. ThaiVisa could get sued over this, unlikely, but possible.

I suggest that everyone who 'liked' the original post, reconsider their decision.

Nancy, we've met a few times, the last time about a year ago, and I've always been impressed with your demeanor, but this does step over that line of trust. I did vote for you, as I believe that you are a deserving winner, but I have to now reconsider that choice. I've voted null until I clear my head.

For those who wish confirmation, here is the original photo of Audrey Hepburn and her child.

5b37f70bacc29bbc8c1649053e090ce7.jpg

Credit - https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/5b/37/f7/5b37f70bacc29bbc8c1649053e090ce7.jpg

SoiBiker, and credit to you sir, picked up that the photo of Nancy holding her child, which everyone liked, was fake. Despite the many posts inbetween when you had a chance to say - oh, only joking, you didn't.

Firstly, I thought it was against the rules of ThaiVisa to remit copyright material without at least acknowledgment of the original author. ThaiVisa could get sued over this, unlikely, but possible.

I suggest that everyone who 'liked' the original post, reconsider their decision.

Nancy, we've met a few times, the last time about a year ago, and I've always been impressed with your demeanor, but this does step over that line of trust. I did vote for you, as I believe that you are a deserving winner, but I have to now reconsider that choice. I've voted null until I clear my head.

For those who wish confirmation, here is the original photo of Audrey Hepburn and her child.

Credit - https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/5b/37/f7/5b37f70bacc29bbc8c1649053e090ce7.jpg

She simply doesn't do original material, except maybe for the bitchy snarky stuff.whistling.gif

I'm guessing that most (maybe all) the people who "liked" the post knew that it was a photo of Hepburn - they were "liking" the joke.

Anyway, that photo isn't far away from my own mental picture of NancyL - "Posh" Beckham.

The others:

Transam = Burt Reynolds

Soi Biker = Mr Bean

Village Farang = David Attenborough

Crazy Chef = Mr Pastry (only the very old Brits will remember him)

She simply doesn't do original material, except maybe for the bitchy snarky stuff.whistling.gif

Hey hey hey... I thought you were all about play the ball not the woman?

I'm shocked, simply gobsmacked. laugh.png

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I admit, I fell for it....sad.png

Can I assure folk that my pics are me or Elvis....laugh.png

I fell for it too. rather underhanded in my opinion, in fact it's totally dishonest and has swayed my fluctuating vote in one direction.

TransAm has certainly got my vote now.

Seriously?

Did anyone think this photo was really Nancy??

I gave it a like because it is amusing that she posted it

Now you are coming out and telling the members what they should do and think. Good grief!

Spare me the lecturing

Hey hey hey... I thought you were all about play the ball not the woman?

I was commenting on the material she posts, some of which I find quite indelicate, even offensive at times and insincere.