• SoiBiker
    • Transam
    • villagefarang

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy Chef 1, I have an urgent COOKING question for you.

I've got some STALE rice I want to use but I'm too lazy to cook fried rice.

Can I use STALE rice in a cold salad with lots of liquid in the dressing? I'm wondering if the liquid in the dressing will "open up" the stale rice and make it kind of crunchy/ delicious. Or is that a HORRIBLE idea?

Christmas sure sounds great round at your house.

Festivus -- airing of the grievances. You should try it.

eh? It's festivus all year round for soibiker.

Oh my, while trolling the internet looking for signs of the long-lost Mr. Bitey, I got absorbed into the internet adventures of another celebrity cat. Here is his take on Christmas.

troll2
trōl/
verb
gerund or present participle: trolling
  1. 1.
    informal
    make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
    "if people are obviously trolling then I'll delete your posts and do my best to ban you
    And we thought you were such a pleasant person Nancy, does Xmas do this to you!

Can I use STALE rice in a cold salad with lots of liquid in the dressing? I'm wondering if the liquid in the dressing will "open up" the stale rice and make it kind of crunchy/ delicious. Or is that a HORRIBLE idea?

If he's an Atheist he'll get my vote.................well SB Atheist or not?

More of an existential nihilist, really.

Oh my, while trolling the internet looking for signs of the long-lost Mr. Bitey, I got absorbed into the internet adventures of another celebrity cat. Here is his take on Christmas.

troll2

trōl/

verb

informal

make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

"if people are obviously trolling then I'll delete your posts and do my best to ban you

I meant "trolling" in the sense of what one does when you're fishing. Oh, maybe the word "fishing" has another meaning for the internet,too. Anyway, I was just puttering around YouTube, looking at Cat Videos. You know, spending my time productively.

I meant "trolling" in the sense of what one does when you're fishing. Oh, maybe the word "fishing" has another meaning for the internet,too. Anyway, I was just puttering around YouTube, looking at Cat Videos. You know, spending my time productively.

Trawling

Thank you for your defense, Soi Biker. That "Talking Kitty Cat" series of videos on You Tube are a real hoot. Kept me up way past my bedtime. Almost made me forget about Mr. Bitey for a while.

My God, we're losing another one. Stay away from the light, NancyL!

Kitty videos....Catnip for humans.

Nothing wrong with Nancy's usage of the word. Those with limited vocabularies might be surprised to find it has several meanings other than the one they've learned from the internet.

Trawling is a specific kind of fishing. Normally, when one uses the word 'fishing', rod fishing is implied, with bait and hook.

Trawling involves dragging a net to catch everything, and then throwing away the catch you don't want.

SC

Nothing wrong with Nancy's usage of the word. Those with limited vocabularies might be surprised to find it has several meanings other than the one they've learned from the internet.

Trawling is a specific kind of fishing. Normally, when one uses the word 'fishing', rod fishing is implied, with bait and hook.

Trawling involves dragging a net to catch everything, and then throwing away the catch you don't want.

SC

Trolling is a type of fishing too.

The internet didn't invent the word.

Hmmmm, just read a contestants "Link" and ol' Trans is being slated..

Trans will not go down that route cos he's got a hangover...burp.gif ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,laugh.png

Vote for Trans "The Man" for POTY.

I've a couple of beers on you being the 2015 winner. Go to it fella.

Happy New Year everyone.

troll2
trōl/
verb
  1. 1.
    informal
troll verb [I or T] (SEARCH)
mainly US to ​search among a ​largenumber or many different ​places in ​order to ​findpeople or ​information you ​want:They are trolling the internet for new ​customers.

troll2

trōl/

verb

informal

troll verb [I or T] (SEARCH)
mainly US to ​search among a ​largenumber or many different ​places in ​order to ​findpeople or ​information you ​want:They are trolling the internet for new ​customers.

Trolling is a type of fishing too.

The internet didn't invent the word.

Nope. It was Al Gore. Credit where credit is due...

I'm not sure we should allow some Johnny-Foreigner politician's ignorance and inability to spell dictate our lexicon.

Hmmmmmmmmmm with impulses to destroy???,,,Im wavering now.....................If only Naams dog would take his place I could decide easily

Hmmmmmmmmmm with impulses to destroy???,,,Im wavering now.....................If only Naams dog would take his place I could decide easily

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existential_nihilism

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existential_nihilism

My finger is hovering over the button to vote but now Im not sure, I mean its all meaningless???? now Im confused, Im going outside for a cigarette and I dont even smoke......

What I think will be quite interesting is what will happen to the attitude, ego, and outward expression of whoever wins this.

Nothing much except they will buy more mirrors:whistling:

I don't know about that. Last year I was the executor for the estate of a friend who had carefully drawn up lists of who was to receive each of her many possessions. She was in her 80s and had spent much time organizing her stuff, almost as if she knew she wasn't long for this world. It took time, since I didn't know all her friends, and it was delightful to see people thrilled to receive a special piece of jewelry or item of her clothing that they'd always admired. What did she leave me -- a full-length mirror (she couldn't believe we didn't have one in our condo) and her vacuum cleaner (again, she never could believe we cleaned the place with a broom and a wet-mop.)

The vacuum cleaner is nice. Hubby uses it once or twice a week. We still haven't installed the full-length mirror.