How Many Days In Advance Can One Apply For An Extension of Stay

A friend of mine is arriving on January 1st and departing on March 17th.

He got a Non-Immigrant O Visa which is good for 90 days.

He travels to Thailand once a year every year and generally stays slightly more than 3 months. He was thinking it might be to his advantage to get a 1 Year Extension of Stay. It appears the cost for this would be 1900 baht a year plus he would have to pay 1000 baht a year for a re-entry permit.

Questions:

If he arrives on January 1st what's the first day that he can apply for a 1 Year Extension of Stay?

For this first extension of stay he only needs money in the bank for 2 months, right?

He can apply during the last 30 days of his stay.

Or even during the last 45 days in the case of certain immigration offices such as Chaengwattana (Bangkok) and Jomtien (Pattaya).

But does your friend have a single-entry or multi-entry non-O? If a multi-entry, all he needs to do is a border run a day or 2 before the expiry date indicated on the visa, whereupon he will be good to go in LOS for another 90 days.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

My yearly extension of stay expires on the 28th Dec [tomorrow] and I applied for the new yearly extension of stay on the Monday 2nd November with no problems and no questions asked. so good to 28th Dec 2016

Last year was 38 days before. next year will also be many weeks before, as around Christmas/New Year is not a time to be going to Immigration.

My thoughts are if it is to early they will tell you, I did have a reason but was never asked. also was the last day of the 90 day report so easy to do both on the same visit.

for non immd o visa,why it is not 400k?

For the Yearly Extension

He needs 800k in a Thai account for 2 months [1st time] if single or not married to a Thai

He needs 400k if married to a Thai lady

Edited by ignis

My yearly extension of stay expires on the 28th Dec [tomorrow] and I applied for the new yearly extension of stay on the Monday 2nd November with no problems and no questions asked. so good to 28th Dec 2016

Last year was 38 days before. next year will also be many weeks before, as around Christmas/New Year is not a time to be going to Immigration.

My thoughts are if it is to early they will tell you, I did have a reason but was never asked. also was the last day of the 90 day report so easy to do both on the same visit.

"Last year was 38 days before. next year will also be many weeks before, as around Christmas/New Year is not a time to be going to Immigration."

I usually go around 40 days early, but this year went on Christmas Day, a month early, and I was in and out in 16 minutes.

I am interested too as i have a Non b and it will cost me 66k to renew????

A single entry non 'B' visa costs 2,000 baht and an extension of stay based on work costs 1,900 baht! So what is the extra 64k for?

If your question rates to the OP's question the answer is 30 days with some offices taking applications up to 45 days early.

I am interested too as i have a Non b and it will cost me 66k to renew????

Why does a new "B" visa cost 66k to renew ?

An extension of stay costs 1900 Bht , a new single entry visa 2000 Bht and a multiple entry visa 5000 Bht.

Who is profiting ?

Well many parties to this are profiting....the legal company, the government and of course me all profit. but there is just much more than you detail. you see the thai Government has tightened visas up over the past 6-8 months. If someone has a solicitor out there that can give me a better price then please advise me.

here's a list of the tasks:

Certification of Documents @ DBD, SS, RD-1 & RD-2

Visa Extension Application (Extension of Stay based on BUSINESS)

Hearing of the Result

The Professional fees include all telephone

charges within Thailand, photocopying charges,

and Value Added Tax 7%.

DBD - Deparment of Business Development (Ministry of Commerce)

SS - Social Security / Social Funds

Travelling - Certification of Document @ DBD (1 trip @ )

Travelling - Certification of Document @ SS (2 trips @ )

Travelling - Certification of Document @ RD-1 (2 trips @ )

Travelling - Certification of Document @ RD-2 (2 trips @ )

Travelling - Visa Application (2 trips @ ) [submission & Hearing]

Filing of personal income taxes

Social Fund registration

Travellign fees for personal income tax (per trip)

Travelling fees for social fund (/trip) 1 trip

Work permit renewal

Remark:

Travelling fees for work permit renewal ( /trip) 2 trips

RD-1 - Revenue Deparment (for Personal Tax documents) Total Fees involved amounted to:

RD-2 - Revenue Deparment (for Corporate Tax & VAT documents)