Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

5 hours ago, davehowden said:

Can anybody confirm that a Fixed Deposit Rate (FDR) as issued by LHB for example is acceptable by Chiang Mai immigration for the 800,000 baht requirement as there is no passbook, just a deposit certificate.

Many thanks.

Dave

I'm not familiar with the types of term accounts at Land and House Bank but, if it's an account that you cannot withdraw your funds at will (with or without loss of interest), then it won't qualify.  Perhaps wise to ask them before you lock it in if the account qualifies for the Immigration Letter (they should know what is meant by that). 

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:52 PM, Thailand said:

The situation will not improve with a big shiny new building. Efficient automated reporting and booking plus more qualified staff in the busiest stations is the only way to go.

For sure but is there the will to do it ? that's the key.

It seems on current form they are quite happy how it is otherwise more staff would already be employed.

As for automated reporting that might be a step too far.They love paper.

My retirement extension this last wek , every page of my passport had to be photo copied according to the ,out of uniform, pedantic, princess who processed my application upstairs.

Never had to do that in 10 years."New law" she said without conviction 

13 hours ago, Sparkles said:

It seems on current form they are quite happy how it is otherwise more staff would already be employed.

My retirement extension this last wek , every page of my passport had to be photo copied according to the ,out of uniform, pedantic, princess who processed my application upstairs.

Met her in September but she was downstairs, a twin perhaps? I had copied  all the pages in our passports,always do, and she returned the ones they did not want. 1514009.gif

She and others know which of you guys are whiners and they give you something to whine about. The rest of us are not bothered. It is all the same, it is in the game, the bitter and the sweet. Tbboh.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thaivisa Connect

11 hours ago, Bill97 said:

She and others know which of you guys are whiners and they give you something to whine about. The rest of us are not bothered. It is all the same, it is in the game, the bitter and the sweet. Tbboh.

You might consider it "whining" Bill97 others might consider it useful information, when renewing their retirement visa, that you had better have all  pages in your passport photocopied if you come across this particular girl. 2 Thai ladies, presumably sitting with their husbands, remarked how rude this particular "officer" was not only to us but others as well.Got it ?

Out of uniform
Pedantic
Princess
They love paper
Said without conviction

Ok no complaints there?

Just very slanted report.

To advise that all pages must be copied is a one sentence post.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not always a game. Sometimes all pages do in fact contain necessary information. Other times it is just easier and faster for everybody to ask for all rather than explain what is needed then take 2 or 3 times to get it.

Too many too fast to think I'm is wrong. Some hard wired into stupidity.

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

Most years I copy all pages in the passport only to have some returned to me.  The one year I didn't, I was told to go to the copy shop and copy all pages.  It's a game that more than one Imm. officer plays.

One intern attempted to make me go make more copies because a few pages of my passport were copied vertically versus horizontally; however, an Immigration officer stopped by to see what the fuss was about (I probably had a "you gotta be kidding me" look on my face although I was being polite to the intern) and told the intern to forget about it ("mai bpen rai").  In any event, to avoid the possible problem in the future, it might be wise to ask your copy shop to only copy the pages horizontally. 

Out of 8 or 9 annual extensions, I've only been asked one time for a copy of every filled-out page of my passport.  And, to the surprise of the officer, I then actually handed her a complete set (I take the proverbial kitchen sink with me so I can comply with whatever "new" requirements crop up from time to time). 

Edited by CMBob

3 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Not always a game. Sometimes all pages do in fact contain necessary information. Other times it is just easier and faster for everybody to ask for all rather than explain what is needed then take 2 or 3 times to get it.

Too many too fast to think I'm is wrong. Some hard wired into stupidity.

So all you really needed to say was "copy all the pages"? 1514123.gif

Hi all,

If of some interest, I had a phone call today from a guy previously working at G4T visa agency in Promenada. He told me G4T no more is in business, but he launched a new visa agency named "Best Friend Visa" and is now located in Pruksa Ville 95, the new village near Big C on the Highway (not Big C extra but the other one down the road). It does everything the same way as G4T did before at the same price. For example retirement visa is 4900 Bahts including the 1900 Bahts visa fee. All services are at the same previous prices as with G4T...

Phone number is 0882944459 (I don't know if I'm allowed to give a PN here, if not thanks to the mod to delete it).

From what I understood, but not really sure, processing time for a retirement visa is a bit longer: you bring your papers today and get your appointment + passport and visa the next day...

Maybe I'll give him a visit a next day I'm in the area to better get the feel...

Cheers

14 hours ago, gobs said:

Hi all,If of some interest, I had a phone call today from a guy previously working at G4T visa agency in Promenada. He told me G4T no more is in business, but he launched a new visa agency named "Best Friend Visa" and is now located in Pruksa Ville 95, the new village near Big C on the Highway

Another location for a NancyL stake-out...lol

15 hours ago, gobs said:

Hi all,

If of some interest, I had a phone call today from a guy previously working at G4T visa agency in Promenada. He told me G4T no more is in business, but he launched a new visa agency named "Best Friend Visa" and is now located in Pruksa Ville 95, the new village near Big C on the Highway (not Big C extra but the other one down the road). It does everything the same way as G4T did before at the same price. For example retirement visa is 4900 Bahts including the 1900 Bahts visa fee. All services are at the same previous prices as with G4T...Phone number is 0882944459 (I don't know if I'm allowed to give a PN here, if not thanks to the mod to delete it). From what I understood, but not really sure, processing time for a retirement visa is a bit longer: you bring your papers today and get your appointment + passport and visa the next day...

Four different Big Cs come to mind, so don't have any idea where you refer to. Ok, so fill me in, you bring 4900 baht and your paperwork to the agency, then they make an appointment? An appointment with whom? How is this different than just taking your paperwork to Promenada other than having to be there by 6:30AM and sitting for a few hours and saving a few thousand baht? I'm not posing an argument, though, just trying to discern whether this would be better for people who are on the frail side, myself not included.  Thanks for your help. 

4 hours ago, cusanus said:

Four different Big Cs come to mind, so don't have any idea where you refer to. Ok, so fill me in, you bring 4900 baht and your paperwork to the agency, then they make an appointment? An appointment with whom? How is this different than just taking your paperwork to Promenada other than having to be there by 6:30AM and sitting for a few hours and saving a few thousand baht? I'm not posing an argument, though, just trying to discern whether this would be better for people who are on the frail side, myself not included.  Thanks for your help. 

The "advantage" to using a visa agent like the "new" one being touted, is that they have access to Imm's special desk for visa agents, where they call and get an appointment time for the agent to bring you in the next day for your photo and final processing of the visa application.  Imm charges the agents 3000 baht to have access to this desk, so I don't see how this new agent is making any money from this "new" business unless, of course, well --- it's wrong of me to speculate.

The applicant has to make two trips, one to visit the visa agent to take care of paperwork, and then return the next day for their "appointment" with Imm.  This could be an advantage for some people who don't want to show up at Imm. Prom. at 6.30 pm to get their own queue number for service on the day.

As I've said before, if Imm. can operate an "appointment system", via paper and pencil for agents, then they can also do it for regular applicants.  Of course, it will look very bad if they want to charge applicants 3000 baht directly to use this appointment system service.

And no, I'm not going to have to "stake out" this "new" visa agent.  All they did was move G4T off-site and turn the visa agent in Prom into one charging rates more in-line with the full-service agents in town.  Meanwhile, they continue to deliver barely-tolerable service to the "retail" customers in hope of pushing them into using agents.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NancyL said:

The "advantage" to using a visa agent like the "new" one being touted, is that they have access to Imm's special desk for visa agents, where they call and get an appointment time for the agent to bring you in the next day for your photo and final processing of the visa application.  Imm charges the agents 3000 baht to have access to this desk, so I don't see how this new agent is making any money from this "new" business unless, of course, well --- it's wrong of me to speculate.

The applicant has to make two trips, one to visit the visa agent to take care of paperwork, and then return the next day for their "appointment" with Imm.  This could be an advantage for some people who don't want to show up at Imm. Prom. at 6.30 pm to get their own queue number for service on the day.

As I've said before, if Imm. can operate an "appointment system", via paper and pencil for agents, then they can also do it for regular applicants.  Of course, it will look very bad if they want to charge applicants 3000 baht directly to use this appointment system service.

And no, I'm not going to have to "stake out" this "new" visa agent.  All they did was move G4T off-site and turn the visa agent in Prom into one charging rates more in-line with the full-service agents in town.  Meanwhile, they continue to deliver barely-tolerable service to the "retail" customers in hope of pushing them into using agents.

Well, ok, but I fail to see much of an advantage to an agent. Ok, you don't have to get up so early, but you still have to make two trips, but it seems I've never made more than one trip, assuming I already have the photos and paperwork lined up or can do that when I get there. I also like to see the immigration people face to face rather than use a middleman. Ok, so some people find using an agent to be to their advantage, but I've never found there to be any difficulty with services when going in person, everything is prompt and courteous. Nevertheless, thanks for the info because the agent method may be useful for some people and now I can explain it better. Hopefully. 
EXCEPT i STILL DON'T KNOW WHICH BIG C WE'RE TALKING ABOUT? 

Edited by cusanus

19 hours ago, NancyL said:

And no, I'm not going to have to "stake out" this "new" visa agent.  All they did was move G4T off-site...

Is this pure conjecture, or a fully informed statement of fact...

(It's starting to sound like groundhog day all over again. Or, as we say in the UK, "you sound like a broken record")

Edited by rawhod

The new agency that took over G4T’s space at Promenada, Tian, lets you take care of an annual extension & ME permit in a single visit. I arrived there as advised at 0930 and walked away at 1100. Done. Of course you need to have all required documents, but they made all the copies etc. Plus their pricing includes four 90-day reports. Great service if one’s time is important or you must cope with physical ailments and/or mobility problems. 

Edited by Fore Man
Typos
  • Like 1

I arrived there as advised at 0930 and walked away at 1100.

Had you made an appointment with them? If so, what's the phone number.

Also, do they need copies of TM30 and rental contract (or proof of residence)?

...their pricing includes four 90-day reports...

I don't suppose you'd get a discount if you didn't want this service? My post office is about 15 miles shorter distance than Promenada, with no traffic or traffic lights. Plus, I'm hopeful the online service will soon be robust -- and I can do 90 day reports sitting up in bed.

12 hours ago, Fore Man said:

The new agency that took over G4T’s space at Promenada, Tian, lets you take care of an annual extension & ME permit in a single visit. I arrived there as advised at 0930 and walked away at 1100. Done. Of course you need to have all required documents, but they made all the copies etc. Plus their pricing includes four 90-day reports. Great service if one’s time is important or you must cope with physical ailments and/or mobility problems. 

If you have physical ailments and/or mobility ailments, supported with a letter from a doctor or are over age 75 you can ask at the "info desk" staffed by the college students outside Imm. to use the "Priority Lane" at no additional cost.

On 31/10/2017 at 11:40 AM, Beegrade said:

After an admittedly brief search I haven't seen anything mentioned lately about Extensions based on Marriage. I have to do one for the first time very soon so I just want to check a couple of things.

Firstly, my Mrs says she heard (from a source that may or may not be reliable) that Marriage Extensions are now being processed at the Airport office, not at Promenada any more. I'm doubting this as I haven't come across anything mentioned here on TV about that, can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

Secondly, has anyone done a Marriage Extension recently? Any notable changes to the process? How early do you need to arrive?

Thirdly, I've heard that the application has to be submitted within the last 30 days of the current stay. For example, if I am stamped in until 2 December then I cannot apply for extension until 3 November, correct?

Any help much appreciated.

I renewed my visa extension for marriage in September at Promenada.  I arrived at 0730 and had to wait until the shop opened at 0800 when we were given numbers and an approximate time [ 1400] to return that was accurate.  Straightforward but some changes to the application form and map showing place of residence.  These issues were sorted out as I waited..  Took about 3 hours to complete.  I applied about 2 weeks before renewal date.  You can apply UP TO 1 month before.   Best experience in 10 years

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:05 AM, Fore Man said:

Ok, fine, but what is the price, exactly? And what is the ME permit? Never heard of that one.

1 hour ago, Pronto2 said:

Most likely "multiple entries" (re-entries).

Oh, yeah, sorry, it hit me later, duhhh... :) I'm fine waiting in the queue, I always enjoy it a lot, but a friend is very fragile and am thinking that maybe the agent service might work better in that case.  

9 hours ago, Pronto2 said:

Most likely "multiple entries" (re-entries).

Sorry. For the abbreviation in my post...yes, ME is multiple entry. As for specific pricing used by Tian, I suggest you drop by their office and go over your requirements in person.  Or simply call them @ ‭097-924-2666‬.