Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

59 minutes ago, NancyL said:

.  And yes, CMBob is really the local expert on TM30s and it is the norm for most people to go out to Imm. Prom and "update" their TM30s themselves once their landlord/owner has done the initial TM30 filing. 

To  the contrary your TM30  can  be updated at the Airport Immgr office,very easily and quicker then Prom( from my experiences, )only done one last month 

My understanding for CM Immigration is this:  Upon returning from International Travel submit a copy of the new TM 6 and Admitted Until Date Stamp to Apartment Management.  Then go to Immigration(TM-30 Office) and report your new entry information within 24 hours of the latest entry.  Then the Notification Receipt will be stamped and signed.   All this sounds redundant and unnecessary but I remind myself I am in LOS.  

I have three documents stapled to my passport:

1.  TM 6

2.  90 Day Report Receipt

3.  TM-30 Notification Receipt

1 minute ago, sqwakvfr said:

My understanding for CM Immigration is this:  Upon returning from International Travel submit a copy of the new TM 6 and Admitted Until Date Stamp to Apartment Management.  Then go to Immigration(TM-30 Office) and report your new entry information within 24 hours of the latest entry.  Then the Notification Receipt will be stamped and signed.   All this sounds redundant and unnecessary but I remind myself I am in LOS.  

I have three documents stapled to my passport:

1.  TM 6

2.  90 Day Report Receipt

3.  TM-30 Notification Receipt

what you state about Apt Mgmt is not a CMI requirement.   BUT....when you go to Immig. they will probably want proof of address.  We advise our tenants to bring a copy of their LEASE with them.  Nobody has ever had a problem (lease must be current).   Maybe your apt. also gives you something to bring to confirm you are residing there ?

16 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

To  the contrary your TM30  can  be updated at the Airport Immgr office,very easily and quicker then Prom( from my experiences, )only done one last month 

no need to be harsh..... Nancy just says that most people do it at Prom.   Those that know and want to save time (and hassles) can go to Airport office....  but since usually no lines(at airport office) i guess not many do that

Edited by rumak

1 hour ago, cusanus said:

I can't give a firm answer, but a stub from Immigration is required to be stapled into your passport. You should go to the trouble to follow the rules even if unclear what problems may result. This is what mine looks like.. 

That's what I have stapled in the back of my passport; however, for those who have condo offices or owner/landlords filing TM30's online for them, the form looks quite different (see the form Kohsamida posted above).

At least in Chiangmai, the current rule is that one needs to update your TM30 when you re-enter the country and return to the same address (if you're returning to a new address, a new original TM30 must be filed).  The updating of an existing filing is simple and quick (at least at old Building #3) and will result in another date stamp (and sometimes...but not always....the red circular stamp shown by Cusanus above) on your form.  If Kohsamida had an original TM30  properly filed for his address and then he later left and returned to Thailand without updating, it's quite likely he will be fined the standard 1,600 baht when he next needs any extension service at CM Immigration.  Kohsamida, go ask your condo office (or landlord) if they perhaps updated for you when you last returned (if so, you could be safe.....and you ought to ask them if they can copy something off the net to show they updated you; if not, it would seem you'll be adding to the Immigration coffers when you next need any extension).

The legal obligation for the original filing and for updating is on both the owner/landlord and the tenant but it's typically the tenant who gets nailed when attempting some extension service at CM Immigration.  My landlord (probably like most landlords and condo offices) usually has no clue when I take a trip out of Thailand and obviously wouldn't have any idea that any updating of my TM30 Receipt of Notification needs to be done.  That's why I take care of it myself.  

5 minutes ago, CMBob said:

he legal obligation for the original filing and for updating is on both the owner/landlord and the tenant but it's typically the tenant who gets nailed when attempting some extension service at CM Immigration.  My landlord (probably like most landlords and condo offices) usually has no clue when I take a trip out of Thailand and obviously wouldn't have any idea that any updating of my TM30 Receipt of Notification needs to be done.  That's why I take care of it myself.  

Good info....  BUT  i am not so sure who the "legal obligation" is on.  The law is according to the office interpreting it...and in CM  the tenant is responsible for updating.  ANY reasonable person would see that it is impossible for the landlords or owners to keep track of all the comings and goings of tenants.  With all the other BS involved with CMI and bureacracies everywhere in the world is this really such a big deal to go update for a tenant ??!!   The tone is always one of "landlord's responsibility" even from such level headed people as  nancy and cmb.....    

12 minutes ago, rumak said:

Good info....  BUT  i am not so sure who the "legal obligation" is on.  The law is according to the office interpreting it.. 

I agree that the law as practiced depends on who happens to be interpreting it at the moment (e.g., in Bangkok, they don't interpret or apply it at all!); however, the statutory language is rather clear and places equal responsibility on the owner, landlord, and tenant. I'll attempt to attach a photo of the sign currently hanging out at CM Immigration (Promenada).

Section 38 Notice.jpg

4 hours ago, NancyL said:

This is the receipt that the landlord or manager of a condo or guest house will give you when they file a TM30 online.  It is sufficient for the purpose of proving to CM Immigration that a TM30 has been filed on your behalf.  Be sure to let your landlord or manager know that they should file a new TM30 each time you leave Thailand and thus your departure/arrival card number changes.

So, to be sure, this is the only piece of paper I need to give Immigration as far as the TM-30 goes for my “non-o” visa application, and then later when I apply for 1 year extension, assuming I don’t change address or leave Kingdom?

Edited by Kohsamida

3 hours ago, cusanus said:

I can't give a firm answer, but a stub from Immigration is required to be stapled into your passport. You should go to the trouble to follow the rules even if unclear what problems may result. This is what mine looks like.. 

Tm30stubxx.jpg

So, if I present the receipt that my landlord gave me (as shown in my attachment), Immigration will provide this STAMP and attach to my passport as part of the application process...OR are you saying that I have to have this done BEFORE I apply for the visa conversion?  

As regards your your advice that it is prudent to follow the “rules”, I would be thrilled to do so, if I knew what they were LOL ?.  So, thank you to everyone who are helping me piece this together, and hopefully this will help others as well.

Edited by Kohsamida

2 hours ago, CMBob said:

I agree that the law as practiced depends on who happens to be interpreting it at the moment (e.g., in Bangkok, they don't interpret or apply it at all!); however, the statutory language is rather clear and places equal responsibility on the owner, landlord, and tenant. I'll attempt to attach a photo of the sign currently hanging out at CM Immigration (Promenada).

Section 38 Notice.jpg

Sorry, but i don't think that sign is clear at all.  It certainly does not address the case of "aliens" leaving and returning to the same address.  That is why I think it is important to KNOW how CMI deals with this. 

Bkk or other places may be different, but this is CM.   I have tried to explain what CMI requires and who it wants to show up to report. If you want to be sure not to get fined, go yourself.  Otherwise...up to you. As you say.......That's why I take care of it myself.  

Edited by rumak

7 hours ago, rumak said:

no need to be harsh..... Nancy just says that most people do it at Prom.   

hold on to your horses.just making a another route to dec lare your tm 30 .as nancy l  posts   from her personal  experiences only..being harsh. ??? not at all!!!!

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

hold on to your horses.just making a another route to dec lare your tm 30 .as nancy l  posts   from her personal  experiences only..being harsh. ??? not at all!!!!

WHOOOAAAHHH NELLIE ....  kinda said tongue in cheek, na.     I guess what gets my hind legs up is when someone (no names ..)  post something not correct and then skirts the issue with this and that.  Jeez, this is not a contest.  Just be man..uh woman....uhhh  what is the politically correct term ?   To say...I was wrong !   and  as for harsh, no offence meant.    

7 hours ago, Kohsamida said:

So, to be sure, this is the only piece of paper I need to give Immigration as far as the TM-30 goes for my “non-o” visa application, and then later when I apply for 1 year extension, assuming I don’t change address or leave Kingdom?

The piece of paper you have is just fine and serves as a receipt that a TM30 was filed on your behalf.  It can be used both for your visa conversion to a non-O and for application for your one year extension.  Just keep it folded and stapled in your passport.

The other receipt that has been posted is what is used when a landlord fills out a paper form and submits it in person at Immigration rather than filing online.  Same-same, but different.  Both are accepted by CM Immigration.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

Err, yes.  A kinder way to have put it would have been "to add to Nancy's post a reminder that TM30s can also be updated at the old office near the airport (not actually at the Immigration office IN the airport)."  

You said "to the contrary" when nothing that you wrote was contrary to what I posted.  You merely mentioned another option that may or may not be more convenient for some and what you wrote wasn't very clear, since the office in question (Building 3 at the old office near the airport) isn't actually the airport office of Immigration.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kohsamida said:

So, if I present the receipt that my landlord gave me (as shown in my attachment), Immigration will provide this STAMP and attach to my passport as part of the application process...OR are you saying that I have to have this done BEFORE I apply for the visa conversion?  

As regards your your advice that it is prudent to follow the “rules”, I would be thrilled to do so, if I knew what they were LOL ?.  So, thank you to everyone who are helping me piece this together, and hopefully this will help others as well.

Don't blame you about your comment about the rules.  All of the current "rules" most of us have been talking about weren't rules at all 2-3 of years back.  The rules on TM30 filings by individuals (versus hotels and guesthouses) have somewhat evolved over time and nobody knows for sure what the rules will be next week, next year, etc.

Back to your question.  The receipt your landlord gave you is fine and you're perfectly safe if you have not left and returned to Thailand since the date of that landlord's receipt.  Presuming that's the case (you haven't left and returned to Thailand to your same address since the landlord filed that), then, should you leave Thailand hereafter and return, somebody (you or your landlord) needs to update within a few days after your return (CM Immigration hasn't been strictly enforcing the so-called 24-hour rule and at least two Immigration officers have told me that "within 4-5 days of returning" is adequate).  Now, when you update, I suspect Immigration will actually print out and attach a new form (just like the one Cusanus posted above) and staple it in the back of your passport.  But, yes, take your landlord's receipt with you when you update (just in case they can't find the filing on their computer). 

But....as has been mentioned....if sometime after your landlord filed that receipt you posted,  you in fact did leave and return to Thailand and nobody updated upon your return, then you  may have to pay a fine when you next need any extension service at CM Immigration.

To update, all you do is go to Immigration and hand them your passport (with some form of TM30 receipt either stapled in it or inserted between the pages) and tell them you are there to update your TM30 (you don't have to provide them with any other documents or copies). They'll take your passport, play with their computer for a couple of minutes (I suspect they are inserting in your "file" the new date you entered and your new departure card number), and then they'll either place a new date (and usually but not always the red circular stamp) on whatever receipt you have in your passport or they'll print out a new one, date and stamp it, and staple that in the back of your passport.  You can currently update at either Promenada (which is done upstairs and typically involves getting a queue number) or you can just walk into Building #3 at the old (and about to be new) Immigration site near the airport.  I and many friends have updated at Building #3 and it's never taken more than 5 minutes for any of us.  After the new Immigration building is open for business (supposedly July or August), I suspect that the only location for updating will be the new building as the boss of Building #3 told me that they are moving into the new building when it opens.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NancyL said:

Err, yes.  A kinder way to have put it would have been "to add to Nancy's post a reminder that TM30s can also be updated at the old office near the airport (not actually at the Immigration office IN the airport)."  

You said "to the contrary" when nothing that you wrote was contrary to what I posted.  You merely mentioned another option that may or may not be more convenient for some and what you wrote wasn't very clear, since the office in question (Building 3 at the old office near the airport) isn't actually the airport office of Immigration.

Nancy L   with respect ,  where  i reported my  TM30  last month, was indeed a Immgr Office, and always from my memory known as the Airport immgr or The  Zoo ,  and a very nice alternative, to some expats like E/S  where  their TM30 updated services are  available and  appreciated  instead of going to Prom etc etc , merely a heads up to to members and guests, that their is a another option which  perhaps has not been mentioned on this thread ,if so , a nice reminder that the service are still presently available,if you wish yo pick holes on the above comments, please do ,don/t let fear hold u back

4 hours ago, NancyL said:

The piece of paper you have is just fine and serves as a receipt that a TM30 was filed on your behalf.  It can be used both for your visa conversion to a non-O and for application for your one year extension.  Just keep it folded and stapled in your passport.

Thanks Nancy...really appreciate your help!

2 hours ago, CMBob said:

Don't blame you about your comment about the rules.  All of the current "rules" most of us have been talking about weren't rules at all 2-3 of years back.  The rules on TM30 filings by individuals (versus hotels and guesthouses) have somewhat evolved over time and nobody knows for sure what the rules will be next week, next year, etc.

Back to your question.  The receipt your landlord gave you is fine and you're perfectly safe if you have not left and returned to Thailand since the date of that landlord's receipt.  Presuming that's the case (you haven't left and returned to Thailand to your same address since the landlord filed that), then, should you leave Thailand hereafter and return, somebody (you or your landlord) needs to update within a few days after your return (CM Immigration hasn't been strictly enforcing the so-called 24-hour rule and at least two Immigration officers have told me that "within 4-5 days of returning" is adequate).  Now, when you update, I suspect Immigration will actually print out and attach a new form (just like the one Cusanus posted above) and staple it in the back of your passport.  But, yes, take your landlord's receipt with you when you update (just in case they can't find the filing on their computer). 

But....as has been mentioned....if sometime after your landlord filed that receipt you posted,  you in fact did leave and return to Thailand and nobody updated upon your return, then you  may have to pay a fine when you next need any extension service at CM Immigration.

To update, all you do is go to Immigration and hand them your passport (with some form of TM30 receipt either stapled in it or inserted between the pages) and tell them you are there to update your TM30 (you don't have to provide them with any other documents or copies). They'll take your passport, play with their computer for a couple of minutes (I suspect they are inserting in your "file" the new date you entered and your new departure card number), and then they'll either place a new date (and usually but not always the red circular stamp) on whatever receipt you have in your passport or they'll print out a new one, date and stamp it, and staple that in the back of your passport.  You can currently update at either Promenada (which is done upstairs and typically involves getting a queue number) or you can just walk into Building #3 at the old (and about to be new) Immigration site near the airport.  I and many friends have updated at Building #3 and it's never taken more than 5 minutes for any of us.  After the new Immigration building is open for business (supposedly July or August), I suspect that the only location for updating will be the new building as the boss of Building #3 told me that they are moving into the new building when it opens.  

THANK YOU for these details about the TM30.  Your explanation of how to handle TM30 Update when leaving & re-entering the Kingdom was an added bonus :), so Thanks again!  

51 minutes ago, NancyL said:

I'd like to go on record as never having referred to CM Immigration as "The Zoo".  CM already has a perfectly nice zoo and to compare it with CM Immigration is an insult.

An insult ... to the zoo or Immigration? ?

• Like 1

On 5/20/2018 at 9:24 AM, evenstevens said:

Most of us know you can do the TM 30 easier at the Airport Office

This has been posted many times before

It will all change probably when The Immigration Offices return to the New Building

We always have the Nancy complainers

• Confused 1

i brought it up last time you were saying it

as my wife has 3 friends work in immigration and they are nice people not animals

as you repeated it many times 

a normal person would have apologized to the staff at immigration

shame/ shame?

Lighten up, people!!  

OK, this is an informal forum, but the back and forth silliness that permeates the 128 --- yep! --- 128 pages to date is not the least bit useful to anyone, especially newcomers, looking for up-to-date information on what is required and how to go about providing it to satisfy Immigration requirements. And that is what this thread hopefully should be. 

• Like 2

A bit confused on this.  What if a person gets the TM30 for a specific residence, say a hotel, then instead goes and spends  a week or two visiting a friend. Is the owner of the visit place or the farang required to register a TM30 or a temporary stay? 

24 minutes ago, cusanus said:

A bit confused on this.  What if a person gets the TM30 for a specific residence, say a hotel, then instead goes and spends  a week or two visiting a friend. Is the owner of the visit place or the farang required to register a TM30 or a temporary stay? 

If the friend is in Thailand then no need to do anything. How would the authorities know that you had visited them anyway?

• Like 1