Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

28 minutes ago, scooterboy said:

LAMPHUN IMMIGRATION is now open for some services. We drove by today to take a look and stopped off to "say hello' to the guys.  We chatted and were told that for people living in the Lamphun area, they already do 90 Days reports and change of address forms (TM30 & TM28).

Later, they will also be doing re-entry forms - and NEXT YEAR - visa extensions, too. No dates were given - but it confirms CM Immi's statement (to me) that this year was the last time for doing my visa extension at CM.

Good news, indeed - as it means less travel and (hopefully) quicker service, for us.

It should also mean shorter queues at CM Immi - especially as Lampang Immigration will function as Lamphun Immi, reducing the pressure on CM.

:D

20160818_132346.jpg

20160818_132349.jpg

Wonder if Lamphun office could stretch as far as Hang Dong.   1508595.GIF

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 10:52 AM, Johnice said:

GT40 is charging 200thb for 6

Big C, Mae Hia 100 baht for 6 .I've got blue and white  backgrounds,some  look shots look  like I have been dead for 3 days others I'm obviously still breathing.

Also carry photos of my parents placques at a cemetry in Oz. Ive got Imm covered unless next year it could well be  another background colour or has to be no older than 1 week old.

"Be  prepared" ...............the old scout motto comes to mind

5 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Wonder if Lamphun office could stretch as far as Hang Dong.   1508595.GIF

Almost makes one want to move to Lamphun.Looks like plenty of parking.Just a shame there is no Imm money for a new home at Chiang Mai,where did it all go wrong ?

Promenada it was for their tourist extension.

I must say, I'm impressed. I deal with a visa agent for myself so I haven't seen immigration here in years, but it was a nightmare the last time I did go (by the airport). However, this new location, though a bit far for us, was quick, painless, and air conditioned.

We were in and out within 1 hour. There were approximately 10 people before us. It was the easiest trip to immigration I've ever experienced in any country. 

As a heads up, they have a sign up saying they are not doing Residence Certificates at the moment.

UPDATE TUESDAY 23RD AUGUST - IMM PROM

26 People - Retirement = 25 tickets issued, 1 come back tomorrow

4 People - Re-entry

90 day - Did not count estimate 30/40

Tourist - Not many people

Retirement Ext - 12 ticket morning session, balance come back after 1300hrs and some today come back at 1500hrs

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 6 month multi entry tourist visa. 

I was on a double entry visa before this.

When do I need to report, after 30 days, 60 days?

Do I extend for 1 month after 60 days, then exit? This is what I did with the multi entry tourist visa, I could stay for 3 months before exiting.

Hi to all.

Can someone please share info as to the the situation at Promenada theese days?

My extension is up and since we live quite far from Chiang Mai it would be nice to know

when to get out of bed.

Are there any new requirements compared to last year?

Thank you

Rasmus

Firstly, each day is different, so you cannot say one day is better than another

That said, my wife and I arrived at 5am, there were around 12 in the queue, we ended coming back after lunch

We managed to get the retirement extn  and re-entry visa the same day

So my advice in your case,  go early

IMM PROM -  12 in the morning and 13 in the afternoon

Also you need the new National Foreigner Information Form, for each transaction, Retirement Extn, Re-Entry Visa etc.

We used 4x 6 cms Blue Photo for retirement and white for the ID Form

Please see my earlier post

I just had a friend today get charged 1600t when asking for details about retirement extension for her elderly husband because they realised he had never filled in an Alien Address Registration. She complained that he had lived at the same address for XX years.

My question:

I have to get a retirement extension soon.

Does my yellow tabien bahn cover me for my address as an alien?.....and do I need it to show on the big day?

Thanks

A Yellow Tabien Baan is proof your details have been entered onto the Civilian register database.

It may be accepted as proof of address for extensions, but is not a substitute for initially reporting an alien living at an address to Immigration, for which a TM 30 should be completed.

Thank you .....wonder if there's any chance they'll try to fine me!

I hear the regular application is now extended to ask for car details, social media details etc.

Do I need the car blue book?

Anything else?

Is there anywhere I can get a reliable and up to date list of requirements for the visa extension?

This topic is 9 months old and i believe things have changed in the year.

Thanks v much

1.     Completed Form TM 7 (Must be printed on both sides of one sheet, not 2 separate sheets)

2.     Passport + Copy of Homepage showing given names / Passport number / Hologram or Photo, plus;

Copies of;

- Last Visa

- Current Extension

- Last Entry Stamp

3.     Proof of Address

Rented.

- Copy of House owners Tabien Baan and ID card.

- Rental Agreement + Copy

- Yellow Tabian Baan (If you possess one)

Owner/Condo

Blue Tabian Baan (foreigners name will not appear in the book)

Title Deeds (Chanute)

Yellow Tabian Baan (if you possess one)

Private None Rented.

Copy of House Owner Tabian Baan and ID card. (Wife, g/f, friend)

Yellow Tabian Baan (if you possess one)

Where there is no proof of rental contract or foreign ownership, Immigration may request additional documents, such as proof of relationship or home ownership.

4.     Map pinpointing and detailing Address

5.     Proof of sufficient funds.

If using the funds in the bank method - Updated Passbook and Copy + Letter from the Thai Bank confirming funds. (Must match funds in Passbook) OR

If using the income method - Letter from your Embassy confirming Income.  OR

You can use a combination of the two method providing it adds up to 800,000 baht, or 65,000 baht per month.

6.   Passport photo (attached to TM 7 Form)

7.   Copy of both front and back of your TM 6 Departure Card.

Copies of your documents should be signed by you.

Copies of Thai documents should be signed by the Thai, including their mobile number.

Regarding the new Foreign National Information Form, I only entered the basic details.

I was not asked to complete details of social media, vehicle details, or bank account details.

Faz, thank you very kindly for the detailed answer.

May I ask one or two details.....hoping you or anyone else know the answer?

1. I live with my non-registered (village wedding years ago) wife in her ageing grandma's house so we can keep an eye on her.....therefore no proof of relationship, no rental contract.

I can offer my yellow tabien bahn......what else if anything would you take?

2. Maps a new one for me......any reasonable printout format OK?........recommend what from using print shop PC? (usually Macbook and no printer)

3a. Bank book for 800,000 OK.......does the bank letter have to say anything about 3 months or does the bank book cover that?

(I ask cos it's a minor branch and they were a bit ignorant last time can't remember upshot)

3b. I have a regular bank account for ATM etc .......do I need to take that book/copies etc?

4. Passport photo I can go to Big C Hang Dong Rd which I read has a photo place. Where is it/is photo 4cmx6cm/any particular colour background?

5. You mention the Foreign National Information form at the end and say you didn't fill details.

Firstly where do I find that? (I'll look at the Immigration website now)

Secondly as you didn't fill details did you apply for extension yourself or use an agent where different requirements may apply?

Thanks again to you or anyone who can help!

1. I assume your YTB has you registered at your MIL's house?

In that case a copy of her Blue Tabian Baan and her ID card (signed and contact number) as she is the householder.

A copy of your YTB.

You could also take a copy of your g/f's Tabian Baan and ID card, (signed and contact number) but don't offer it unless they start asking questions about the MIL and why you don't have a rental contract. Just explain the circumstances if they ask.

If you've never submitted a TM30, I'd take one.

2. I print an earth view from Google maps and zoom out far enough to show the nearest main road.

I circle the property, print and write the address in Thai and English underneath.

3a&b. The bank should be familiar with the letter required by Immigration. The amount should match your passbook.

I update my passbook and get the letter the day before I visit Immigration.

I take my Savings account passbook with me as well, but it's never been requested, the Fixed Term Deposit account of 800,000 has always been sufficient proof.

4. There have been reports of requesting a light blue background for passport photos. Others have submitted on a white background.

Take a couple of each, they always come in handy for the future.

5. Foreign National Information Form attached.

I've never used an agent. I completed only the basic details and waited for them to ask for anything else.

The fact they actually received the form seemed to satisfy them.

Foreign_National_Information-Form.pdf

Faz, you have me confused.  Are you referring to the requirements for an extension based on marriage?  I have renewed my Retirement extension myself for 13 years and I have never been asked to provide maps, rental agreements, yellow book or anything else to verify my residence during this extension process.  I do now have a TM30 if they request it.

On 4 สิงหาคม 2559 at 2:01 PM, silverhawk_usa said:

Does anyone know the current status on needing a TM30 when doing a retirement visa extension?  I haven't seen mention of it in a while, yet a friend just had to do (with a proxy from his non resident landlord) one and he (or the landlord) was fined 1,600 baht.  I have been in the same residence for 10 years and this has never been an issue.  Others I know have not been asked.  Any CURRENT experiences?

He should not have been fined. It is not his responsibility.

Who knows what they will come up with next to make it more difficult?

On 7 กันยายน 2559 at 9:44 AM, cheeryble said:

Faz, thank you very kindly for the detailed answer.

May I ask one or two details.....hoping you or anyone else know the answer?

1. I live with my non-registered (village wedding years ago) wife in her ageing grandma's house so we can keep an eye on her.....therefore no proof of relationship, no rental contract.

I can offer my yellow tabien bahn......what else if anything would you take?

2. Maps a new one for me......any reasonable printout format OK?........recommend what from using print shop PC? (usually Macbook and no printer)

3a. Bank book for 800,000 OK.......does the bank letter have to say anything about 3 months or does the bank book cover that?

(I ask cos it's a minor branch and they were a bit ignorant last time can't remember upshot)

3b. I have a regular bank account for ATM etc .......do I need to take that book/copies etc?

4. Passport photo I can go to Big C Hang Dong Rd which I read has a photo place. Where is it/is photo 4cmx6cm/any particular colour background?

5. You mention the Foreign National Information form at the end and say you didn't fill details.

Firstly where do I find that? (I'll look at the Immigration website now)

Secondly as you didn't fill details did you apply for extension yourself or use an agent where different requirements may apply?

Thanks again to you or anyone who can help!

I just used my yellow book, but who knows what they will want now. Take everything, and of course you need copies.

I believe there is a photo shop at immigration and last I heard they want a blue background. Whatever, the photo shop at immigration will do it in what ever is the required colour of the day.

I would assume the letter needs to say you had the money in there 3 months and the money came from overseas. You need to update the bank book on the day ( at least I did ).

They will give you the snooper form.

On 31 สิงหาคม 2559 at 1:09 PM, banagan said:

I have a 6 month multi entry tourist visa.

I was on a double entry visa before this.

When do I need to report, after 30 days, 60 days?

Do I extend for 1 month after 60 days, then exit? This is what I did with the multi entry tourist visa, I could stay for 3 months before exiting.

Your passport should have an date to leave by. Extend before that. I am not an expert on this, but I assume the difference between a double entry and a multi entry is that you can only exit and re enter once on a double, and as often as you like on a multi. Length of stay each time would be 60 days extendable by 30.

Tell me if I'm wrong.

16 minutes ago, silverhawk_usa said:

Faz, you have me confused.  Are you referring to the requirements for an extension based on marriage?  I have renewed my Retirement extension myself for 13 years and I have never been asked to provide maps, rental agreements, yellow book or anything else to verify my residence during this extension process.  I do now have a TM30 if they request it.

No, I'm listing the documents I always take with me for a retirement extension, not necessarily what is required, that will depend on the IO.

At times I've been told a certain document isn't required, only to be asked for it on my next visit by a different IO.

I've never known an application be refused for producing to many documents, only for not producing enough.

I always air on the side of caution and to be prepared.

Would you recommend to other members that they don't need to provide any evidence of address on the basis that you suggest you never have.

On 18 สิงหาคม 2559 at 4:18 PM, scooterboy said:

LAMPHUN IMMIGRATION is now open for some services. We drove by today to take a look and stopped off to "say hello' to the guys.  We chatted and were told that for people living in the Lamphun area, they already do 90 Days reports and change of address forms (TM30 & TM28).

Later, they will also be doing re-entry forms - and NEXT YEAR - visa extensions, too. No dates were given - but it confirms CM Immi's statement (to me) that this year was the last time for doing my visa extension at CM.

Good news, indeed - as it means less travel and (hopefully) quicker service, for us.

It should also mean shorter queues at CM Immi - especially as Lampang Immigration will function as Lamphun Immi, reducing the pressure on CM.

:D

20160818_132346.jpg

20160818_132349.jpg

I went there recently. They have no idea when they will be doing extensions- "maybe 3 months". They told me that 2 months ago too!

The other day arrived at 8.30am, super duper agent had reserved a chair in the "retirement" visa line. 10 minutes later was issued ticket number 4 by the officer. Went and had a coffee and my number was called at 9.40 left for home at 10.15. 

Cost for the chair reservation by the super dooper agent was 300baht! 

Quite a queue for "retirement",guess a few did not make it yesterday. Apparently over 100 tickets were issued for 90 day reports. All the re-entry permits, 4 in all when I was there were serviced by 9.15, the officer actually started at 8.50am.

4 hours ago, Faz said:

No, I'm listing the documents I always take with me for a retirement extension, not necessarily what is required, that will depend on the IO.

At times I've been told a certain document isn't required, only to be asked for it on my next visit by a different IO.

I've never known an application be refused for producing to many documents, only for not producing enough.

I always air on the side of caution and to be prepared.

Would you recommend to other members that they don't need to provide any evidence of address on the basis that you suggest you never have.

What you say about having too many documents instead of not enough is sensible and I do the same.  I believe the question was what are the required documents.  No problem with you listing YOUR recommendations just as I listed my PERSONAL experience. It just wasn't clear, to me, that these were only your recommendations.

As for proof of residence I have my 90 Day report and also, although never needed before, the TM30 form.   As I go for a new extension next week I will see if they ask for TM30.  Many mixed experiences on this. 

5 hours ago, Thailand said:

The other day arrived at 8.30am, super duper agent had reserved a chair in the "retirement" visa line.

Quite a queue for "retirement",guess a few did not make it yesterday.

if,  a few did not make it yesterday, you must have done your ret, visa today, not the other day as posted

perhaps you can clarify, and  correct me if i  am wrong

just wondering???

28 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

if,  a few did not make it yesterday, you must have done your ret, visa today, not the other day as posted

perhaps you can clarify, and  correct me if i  am wrong

just wondering???

Why 3 question marks?

I'm about to get my extension today using an agent just for this year as a bit busy.

Question

90 day is due on my official extension day......28th Sept....and a bit early to do that.

I'd prefer to do myself.

If I use the online form (I'll look for it now but can anyone link me to it?) does it ask for any documents or copies of them to be  sent.

I am told I don't need a T M 30 for visa today.....just yellow Tabien bahn is enough, and also told that anyone who goes for one gets a 1600baht fine (short time is 800)......basically all long term farang here are due to pay 1600.

So whats required for online and postal applications?

Thanks

3 hours ago, cheeryble said:

I'm about to get my extension today using an agent just for this year as a bit busy.

Question

90 day is due on my official extension day......28th Sept....and a bit early to do that.

I'd prefer to do myself.

If I use the online form (I'll look for it now but can anyone link me to it?) does it ask for any documents or copies of them to be  sent.

I am told I don't need a T M 30 for visa today.....just yellow Tabien bahn is enough, and also told that anyone who goes for one gets a 1600baht fine (short time is 800)......basically all long term farang here are due to pay 1600.

So whats required for online and postal applications?

Thanks

Archived