Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

Excellent service today, 90days done and dusted in 12 minutes flat!

We indulged in a superbly moist and tasty Dukes half rack of ribs and warm spinach salad ahead of the 1pm kick-off and there were just a handful of others waiting.  Extensions appeared similarly quiet with maybe a dozen seated inside waiting.

A good result given the online system was hacked and inoperative.  Top marks to CM Immigration at Promenanda.

• Like 2

On 20 September 2016 at 2:06 PM, Thailand said:

A friend went to immigration to do his annual extension based on retirement today at 11.50am, he was told to return at 1pm so went for lunch with his wife.

Returned at 1pm as advised, left with all completed at 1.30pm.

It did help that his wife went to enquire at 11.50am about the best way to arrange the  annual extension for her husband who is wheelchair bound.

The officer went to check that was in fact correct and subsequently arranged the 1pm appointment.

Well done Chiangmai imm, a positive side of what they can do.

Additional info from the horses mouth yesterday.

At 1pm there were actually taken to the new third floor office by an intern where the application was completed, so there is an additional officer that is capable of doing extensions based on whatever.

Also the big boss turned up and a photograph of the happy couple with their new 1 year extension plus a couple of officers was taken apparently to advertise the new caring for the elderly immigration, not sure what that means though. I guess time will tell.

18 hours ago, kaptainrob said:

Excellent service today, 90days done and dusted in 12 minutes flat!

We indulged in a superbly moist and tasty Dukes half rack of ribs and warm spinach salad ahead of the 1pm kick-off and there were just a handful of others waiting.  Extensions appeared similarly quiet with maybe a dozen seated inside waiting.

A good result given the online system was hacked and inoperative.  Top marks to CM Immigration at Promenanda.

Wonder if the online 90  is going the same way as the online extension booking, been down a few days now!  1507625.GIF

On 9/18/2016 at 11:13 AM, inThailand1 said:

Hello,

I have to do my Thai Visa retirement extension this coming week in Chiang Mai.  Last year they only served the first 20 people in line so you had to arrive around 6am.  I heard they are serving more now.  So I guess my question is, does anyone have recent experience of what time in the morning to get there, to be served?

My neighbor told me about the G4T Visa service, upstairs above the Immigration at Promenada.  For 3000 bhat they made the whole retirement extension process easy for me. No getting up at 5am to wait in line all day, they also did the application and copies of visa, etc. Well worth the price!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, inThailand1 said:

My neighbor told me about the G4T Visa service, upstairs above the Immigration at Promenada.  For 3000 bhat they made the whole retirement extension process easy for me. No getting up at 5am to wait in line all day, they also did the application and copies of visa, etc. Well worth the price!

I was advised that I could get a similar service by employing another agency to provide the all important time slot ticket via a line sitter which worked extremely well

That was 300 baht per person.

Which method would I prefer? The method we used just a few years ago to roll up at immigration around 8.30-9 am in the knowledge that we were assured of completing our extension requirements within about an hour  after being seen by one of the 2 or 3 officers dealing with the extensions.

But we are now being subjected to a system trying to deal with at least twice as many people with half the staff.

A bonanza for agencies with various packages to cash in.

On 7.9.2016 at 8:29 AM, Faz said:

1.     Completed Form TM 7 (Must be printed on both sides of one sheet, not 2 separate sheets)

2.     Passport + Copy of Homepage showing given names / Passport number / Hologram or Photo, plus;

Copies of;

- Last Visa

- Current Extension

- Last Entry Stamp

3.     Proof of Address

Rented.

- Copy of House owners Tabien Baan and ID card.

- Rental Agreement + Copy

- Yellow Tabian Baan (If you possess one)

Owner/Condo

Blue Tabian Baan (foreigners name will not appear in the book)

Title Deeds (Chanute)

Yellow Tabian Baan (if you possess one)

Private None Rented.

Copy of House Owner Tabian Baan and ID card. (Wife, g/f, friend)

Yellow Tabian Baan (if you possess one)

Where there is no proof of rental contract or foreign ownership, Immigration may request additional documents, such as proof of relationship or home ownership.

4.     Map pinpointing and detailing Address

5.     Proof of sufficient funds.

If using the funds in the bank method - Updated Passbook and Copy + Letter from the Thai Bank confirming funds. (Must match funds in Passbook) OR

If using the income method - Letter from your Embassy confirming Income.  OR

You can use a combination of the two method providing it adds up to 800,000 baht, or 65,000 baht per month.

6.   Passport photo (attached to TM 7 Form)

7.   Copy of both front and back of your TM 6 Departure Card.

Copies of your documents should be signed by you.

Copies of Thai documents should be signed by the Thai, including their mobile number.

Regarding the new Foreign National Information Form, I only entered the basic details.

I was not asked to complete details of social media, vehicle details, or bank account details.

Report 27.9.2016 Prommenada - 1-year-extension-ret:

Had everything quoted with me (private not rented)

Arrived 4:30 am - number 6 - called 10:00 am - finished 10:30 (out with passport stamped!)

Thumbs up @Faz and thanks for your post!

Did my 90day at Promenanda yesterday. Printer/copier out of ink so had my passport copies done beside immigration for 8 baht. Signed everything, filled out my form, got my number & was immediately seen. Started 1:30PM, done by 2:15PM.

• Like 1

90 day done just a little bit ago.....  I was in and out in about 10-15 minutes......  It took me probably 3-4 mins to get a queue at the table out front and the delay there was waiting for the fool in front of me fill out the form for the tourist visa.

I had number 88 and when I went to the desk inside I saw that number 87 was being serviced so I asked if I was next and showed her my card. She told me to have a seat. I waited perhaps 5-7 minutes for her to finish number 87 and that was taking a little longer than normal as number 87 had two passports (she may have been an agent as she was very talkative to the Immigration gal).

There was perhaps another minute or two delay as the Immigration gal was interrupted as she started to process my paperwork. The interruption came from some Thai lady who was asking, for her farang husband if the 90 queue was long.

I have always experienced that going in an hour or so after lunch the wait is nearly nonexistent. And when I was there a few months back to do my annual extension there were guys there that had been queuing since 5 am or earlier for their 90 day...... :shock1:

13 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

I have always experienced that going in an hour or so after lunch the wait is nearly nonexistent.

That's good to hear, you fear the worst when you read some of the posts from members here.  I will do my 90 day report next month and will make sure to be there just after lunch .   

Edited by balo

3 hours ago, balo said:

That's good to hear, you fear the worst when you read some of the posts from members here.  I will do my 90 day report next month and will make sure to be there just after lunch .   

You have to remember that it depends on the time of the year

It is coming up to the peak holiday season

Things will change

Maybe the next report after this one

Will certainly be differant

The people who have been going and reporting over the last couple of months

Will certainly change over the  months till May

4 hours ago, balo said:

Alternatively try online or send it in by post.

• Like 2

Tried to use the online system for my 90-day reporting in vain, so went down to Promenada. 

The new form about personal details was given to me and a student helper showed me that I only needed to fill in my name, address and phone number and sign it. Apparently, CM Immigration also thinks about this form in the same way as we all do....

The process was quick, as there were few people making the same report. 

However, nothing in the office had changed/improved over time -- still using some karaoke P.A. system with echo turned on so you can't quite be sure what number they are calling out, and there is no monitor screen for numbers either -- a missing element that is so weird it almost defies comprehension. 

The women I dealt with were efficient, but cold, indifferent and almost automaton-like. There was an undercurrent of tension there, like any false move and you'd have your head handed to you on a platter. 

3 hours ago, Trujillo said:

However, nothing in the office had changed/improved over time -- still using some karaoke P.A. system with echo turned on so you can't quite be sure what number they are calling out, and there is no monitor screen for numbers either -- a missing element that is so weird it almost defies comprehension. 

Yes thats weird , Chonburi and I believe also Hua Hin changed it into a number system with big screens years ago. Especially in Chonburi they are now very efficient.  Chiang Mai is a big city and lots of tourists and expats here but they don't seem to care. . 

On 9/29/2016 at 8:17 AM, Lizard2010 said:

You have to remember that it depends on the time of the year

It is coming up to the peak holiday season

Things will change

Maybe the next report after this one

Will certainly be differant

The people who have been going and reporting over the last couple of months

Will certainly change over the  months till May

Been doing the after lunch (between 2-3 pm) for years and only once did it take more than an hr.... Typically in and out in 30 mins or less....  Sure beats standing in queue early morning.

On 9/29/2016 at 10:59 AM, Sparkles said:

Agreed, the smaller number of people who front up to Promenada or Airport for 90 day the better for people doing more important chores like extensions,re entries etc.

Plus you protect yourself from being exposed to filling in more forms with irrellevent personal details.Snail mail is back in 4 working days for most of us, 47 baht.

But the queue and resources for doing 90 day isn't the same queue and resources for doing all the other 'important chores' that you mentioned......  of course other than the very front table out front to gain your queue card.....  I have found the queue at the post office quite a long wait at times and personally I trust the post office system here in Thailand about as much as I trust using my debit card for purchases.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

But the queue and resources for doing 90 day isn't the same queue and resources for doing all the other 'important chores' that you mentioned......  of course other than the very front table out front to gain your queue card.....  I have found the queue at the post office quite a long wait at times and personally I trust the post office system here in Thailand about as much as I trust using my debit card for purchases.

Sorry to hear that ,its about planning.I get to Mae Hia PO at around 9am on my way for a swim,never waited more than 5 mins.Never paid more than 47 baht EMS in, ordinary mail back,you can track the EMS,on line, to make sure it arrives.I always take a photo copy of the receipt before sending Less than the cost of fuel and time to drive to Promenada.

In 16 years here have never had a problem with Thai Post and we mail a lot of stuff .In fact the first time I did a mail in I enclosed a reply address envelope  that was not correct ,wrong soi number ,the mailman found me and asked could I make sure I did it correctly.

Take your point about the queue at Imm but the fact that there are not so many people milling around,some totally confused,makes the experience more bearable and avoids extra form filling duties which are at at their whim.

49 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

In 16 years here have never had a problem with Thai Post and we mail a lot of stuff .

You must have the luck of a Buddha then as I've had a ton of issues with Thai postal delivery, the most recent a few months ago.

I sent a P1 EMS registered letter to Surin. I tracked it online. It took nearly a week to get to Chon Buri before heading off to Surin. When it arrived at the PO in Surin it wasn't updated online that it was there. It sat in the PO for 3 days until I told the recipient to go to the PO to check on it. It was there at the PO but the online status still showed in-transit from Chon Buri and the PO didn't even notify the recipient. The following day after the recipient signed for it the online status was then updated as saying it was delivered. So it took nearly a week and a half for a simple registered letter to go approximately 1k km.....  I could've drove it there and came back 5 times or more.....

I should have followed the advise and visit immigration after lunch but I arrived at 9:45 . So had to wait around 80 minutes until it was my turn. My 90 day report was processed in a couple of minutes.

Was at the Prom today - arrived just as they were closing for lunch. The trainees told me to come back at 1pm and to "get a number" - though I hadn't said exactly why I'd come. No problem, as there was lunch and a visit to Rimping Supermarket, which filled almost an hour. Back to the Immi Office just before one, where
there were several totally uorganised queues, with a new forming every one or two minutes.

The trainees appeared and there was a mad dash to secure a number. I presented my "re-entry" papers and asked if I could make 2 re-entries at the same time, as I'd be off this month - and again later on in the year. Apparently, that was the first time they'd been asked about that sort of thing and had to go to the relevant officer to ask. She returned and said "No - only 1 re-entry stamp at a time" (whether it be single or multi-entry). Okay - if that's how it is.

There was a 45 minute wait until it was my turn. I was curious and again asked whether it was possible to get 2 re-entries done at the same time. Nope, the first one had to be used before a new one could be issued. That's probably the case, though the officer didn't seem too sure about her answer. I was finished inside of 15 minutes - passport stamped and returned with a smile.

The 90-days number was up over 100 - and there were plenty of people around today. The office was almost full and there were about 15-20 people outside.

If it's not been mentioned before, the "Foreign National Form" has been changed and is now a single page affair - with no photo requirement, either. It now includes "Name of Hospital currently visit (in Thailand)",  "Blood Type" and "Allergies" fields. I'd used the downloaded one (from the government website) and there was no comment from the officer - it was numbered and put into a tray. My extra photo was returned to me.

An OK day - but it would be nice if the after-lunch queue system was better.

:smile:

3 hours ago, scooterboy said:

. It now includes "Name of Hospital currently visit (in Thailand)",  "Blood Type" and "Allergies" fields.

It's optional , no need to fill out that kind of information. I just gave them my name and address and signed it. 

Are they policing the prom like airport, you cannot do your normal 90 days reporting, unto you sent to your landlord TM30 form, have it return signed take to the prom and pay 1600 Thai money with copy of landlord ID, bluebook, copy of rental agreement, one Thai citizen with there ID card to guarantee you, before you can get your next 90 days.

If not it's coming soon to the Prom immigration for everybody soon.

I am going to Promenada today. I have O visa spouse.  I arrived from Sweden 19 september. Live in Hang Dong. I am going to Laos very soon and therefore I have to buy a singel re-entry.

I am a bit confused about TM30. My wife and me stayed at the same adress for many many years. She never reported anything about that TM30.

Do you think that today I will not have my singel re-entry because we first have to do the TM30 and pay fee 1600 bath?

1 hour ago, JanPeder said:

I am going to Promenada today. I have O visa spouse.  I arrived from Sweden 19 september. Live in Hang Dong. I am going to Laos very soon and therefore I have to buy a singel re-entry.

I am a bit confused about TM30. My wife and me stayed at the same adress for many many years. She never reported anything about that TM30.

Do you think that today I will not have my singel re-entry because we first have to do the TM30 and pay fee 1600 bath?

I would be very interested to hear whether or not they asked for a TM30 for 90 day report. In August when I went last, there was no mention of it?

Edited by Johnice

1 hour ago, JanPeder said:

The 1600 THB is a fine, not a fee,send your wife to Airport Immigration the one near airport,

and get her to report you,its your wife's responsibility to do this,if she is lucky may not have

to pay the fine, she also has to report you when you return from Laos.

regards worgeordie

OK I am back from Promenada and as usuelly they give me good and fast service. 20 minutes and finish. But of course  singel re-enter is a peace of cake.

They also give me some formular to fill in about where I live and so on. It was no problem. I give them my  wifes number in case of emergercy. 

Bye the way - fine or fee - Its my english that made me slip a little bit. Now I know. Thanks.

I will not,send my wife to the Airport immigration.  No, no. After I return from Laos I will do the TM30 report. So, mayby they wont fine my wife?

16 minutes ago, JanPeder said:

OK I am back from Promenada and as usuelly they give me good and fast service. 20 minutes and finish. But of course  singel re-enter is a peace of cake.

They also give me some formular to fill in about where I live and so on. It was no problem. I give them my  wifes number in case of emergercy. 

Bye the way - fine or fee - Its my english that made me slip a little bit. Now I know. Thanks.

I will not,send my wife to the Airport immigration.  No, no. After I return from Laos I will do the TM30 report. So, mayby they wont fine my wife?

Your wife has to do the TM30 report not you. And file a change of address TM28,change of address that you are supposed to do on return

File them at the same time and date and your wife may get away without a fine. Worked for us and we had lived in the same place for three years without either reports, however, it was at Prom and very quick and easy.

39 minutes ago, JanPeder said:

Most households are getting fine now, as they have only start policing this law but it has been around for a long time. Everybody is being asked for TM30 when renewing 12/months Visa and just about everybody is being fine 1600, very little exceptions unless you had only recently moved in to the premises.

The old immigration office you cannot do your general ninety-day reporting, and you will be turn away unto you do this form. You have to go to Building 3 immigration airport complex.

I am not quite sure if you had to get your Thai landlord or partner to fill new TM30 form every time you come back into the country, but I wouldn't be surprised if you have to do a new one every time.

Aliens will have to pay as landlords will tell you they will not sign the TM30 if they have to pay, then you will have to look for a new premises Home to lease, if you do not pay the fine for the Thai citizen that broken the law, not you. When in Rome do what the Romans do “Thai way of doing business with aliens.

Edited by Touch wood