Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

49 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Your wife has to do the TM30 report not you. And file a change of address TM28,change of address that you are supposed to do on return

File them at the same time and date and your wife may get away without a fine. Worked for us and we had lived in the same place for three years without either reports, however, it was at Prom and very quick and easy.

That's not correct.

A TM28 is only filed when changing an address.

As Jan Peder is returning to the same address after his Lao visit, only a TM30 needs to be filed.

He can also file the TM30 himself, it is not solely his wife's responsibility.

Chapter 4 section 38 of the Immigration Act states;

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned

The definition of housemaster under the Act is;

“ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Touch wood said:

Aliens will have to pay as landlords will tell you they will not sign the TM30 if they have to pay, then you will have to look for a new premises Home to lease, if you do not pay the fi

This is not entirely true , according to the law the owner is responsible, and they should pay the fine. Some probably will pay  , if you have a rental contract and they are happy with you to stay I doubt they want you to leave over a minor fee. I would not pay it myself and just tell them I would move out if they suggested I should pay it myself. 

Edited by balo

35 minutes ago, Faz said:

That's not correct.

A TM28 is only filed when changing an address.

As Jan Peder is returning to the same address after his Lao visit, only a TM30 needs to be filed.

He can also file the TM30 himself, it is not solely his wife's responsibility.

Chapter 4 section 38 of the Immigration Act states;

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned

The definition of housemaster under the Act is;

“ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

My bad, my situation was slightly different as we had not filed a TM28 when we changed address after renting out our main residence and the first time we did not file a TM30 for the tenants but that was 3 -4 years ago.

Last year with new tenants and when we became aware of the enforcement of  the rules we filed our change of address TM28 for where we had been living for sometime, on the same day we filed the TM30 for the new tenants. This was some months after they moved in, this was done at Prom by the same officer in about five minutes. I was housemaster so the TM30 was filed in my passport,copies to each of the tenants. TM28 was also filed in our passports, along with my TM30 ,departure card,and 90 day confirmation.

No wonder people get confused.

That said, I believe in theory the TM28 does have to be filled out if you are out of province for more than 24 hours but is not being enforced. So, in theory if you went to Bangkok for a couple of nights you should be filing a TM28 at Bangkok and the another when you return home, or is that not correct? That would then match with the filing of the hotel/residence TM30  in Bangkok and the new TM30 when you return home?

Edited by Thailand

This law is only being policed from now on so guys get ready.

No wonder people get confused I am only talking about the new recent enforcement TM30 form and law, that is being enforced only the last couple months.

Unless you are renting a house from mixed marriages Aliens & Thai probably won't have to pay , but most likely you will have to pay if your landlords are both citizens, or move on to another house if you do not want to pay that will be 95% of renters moving out, just imagine the money that will generate in the country.    You can get all forms at the immigration website.
http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

22 minutes ago, balo said:

This is not entirely true , according to the law the owner is responsible, and they should pay the fine. Some probably will pay  , if you have a rental contract and they are happy with you to stay I doubt they want you to leave over a minor fee. I would not pay it myself and just tell them I would move out if they suggested I should pay it myself. 

Just imagine the revenue that will be generated by enforcing this law in the country.

Well then you will be one of the guys that will have to move, and you will have to spend a lot more then 1600, moving all your furniture, lose some of the bond or the lot, but it sounds like you're the type of guy that would fight for his rights bravo bravo end up in court, not cheap hope you win. look for a new place pay the new bond, touchwood good luck with your new landlord, and all the stress of law I hope you can Speak & right Thai, because otherwise you only make the lawyers rich.

Thanks for your answers. I try to understand  why Immigration make  this TM30 so very activ at this moment? Terrorist. Bad guys out? Immigration want to make money? The Internet makes everything more easy to control? The Europe-syndrome/ make more laws that makes it more difficult for people to live good

I dont know - only speculations.

I am thinking. Everytime I arrive back to Thailand, I have to have a plan for the TM30 activity. Or pay the fine next time att Immigration Office.

Everybody beeing  in my situation, not only me, have to have a plan for the TM30 activity. How to do? - How can Immigration system, help us, take care of the TM30? So far their Internet system break down mostly  everyday.

Or can we hope that they only fine us the first time? Or can we hope that this going to stop because they dont really know what they are doing.

I ty to find out a practical way. How to do?  Because I want to live by the book.

When I arrive back from Laos 16.00 pm friday at Suvernaphum. i will  try do the the TM30report. But where? I have 24 hours to go. I live in Chiangmai. i was hoping to stay a couples of days in BKK.

Help me please?

2 hours ago, JanPeder said:

I ty to find out a practical way. How to do?  Because I want to live by the book.

When I arrive back from Laos 16.00 pm friday at Suvernaphum. i will  try do the the TM30report. But where? I have 24 hours to go. I live in Chiangmai. i was hoping to stay a couples of days in BKK.

Help me please?

The filing is only required when you take up your normal residence, not when you arrive in Thailand.

If  you stay in Bangkok for a few days, it is the hoteliers responsibility to report a foreigners stay. (Classified as a temporary place of residence)

Once you return to your normal place of residence in Chiang Mai, then you should file the TM30 within 24 hours of taking up that residence. (Classified as your permanent place of residence)

Weekends are exempt as the offices are closed.

Edited by Faz
  • Like 2

This old law they're now enforcing for the first time just very very recently.

I would like to know if other guys living here have had this confirmed by other Thai Official Immigration Agents, "That every time you come in to Thailand, and you go back to your same residence", you had to submit another TM30 form with in 24 hours, or you will be fine 1,600 Thai.

Edited by Touch wood

Touch Wood

That is my understand, and yes my wife and I submit a new TM30 each time we return from an overseas trip

We also return to the same address

I also read that IMM are asking for confirmation of TM30 when  applying for visa extensions etc

• Like 1

"TM28
FORM FOR ALIENS TO NOTIFY THEIR CHANGE OF ADDRESS OR THEIR STAY IN THE PROVINCE FOR OVER 24 HOURS "

Temporary change of residence or not the header of the TM28 is quite clear, change your address 24 hours plus and it is supposed to be notified.Generally has not been enforced, but neither had the TM30 until recently.

Imagine the chaos if this is enforced and the income it could generate.

Is it only Chiang Mai Immigration that has siezed the opportunity to turn this TM30 TM28 nonsense into a major (ie enforced on a large scale) money earner?  I have no problem with overseas trips in Chiang Rai (at lerast not yet).  How about Jomtien?  Is it just Chiang Mai again?

1 minute ago, OneZero said:

Is it only Chiang Mai Immigration that has siezed the opportunity to turn this TM30 TM28 nonsense into a major (ie enforced on a large scale) money earner?  I have no problem with overseas trips in Chiang Rai (at lerast not yet).  How about Jomtien?  Is it just Chiang Mai again?

I am off the opinion that the Immigration Manger is testing out all these extra forms to see how it is acepted

Or may be the immigration in Bangkok is just letting Chiang Mai Immigration do what it wants

With the amount of money that is raised with all the people attending Chiang Mai Immigration

You would think things would be working more efficiant

But who know what is being thought of behind closed doors

We can only but wonder IMHO

57 minutes ago, OneZero said:

No it's nationwide.

Perhaps if more expats actually spent 20 minutes or so reading the Immigration Act, they'd know what is expected of them to remain in Thailand and comply with the law, rather than complain when they get fined for non compliance.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse and it's not Immigrations job to inform you of the laws, the onus is on you to find out.

The information is freely available, just 'Google'.

• Like 1

When In Rome Do What They Do & Not Break Thai laws Remember Oct 6 Student crackdown.
One Official Royal Immigration Agent staple the TM30 receipt into my passport, and told me they are not going to renew 90 day reporting, if people do not have this in your passport.

1 minute ago, Touch wood said:

When In Rome Do What They Do & Not Break Thai laws Remember Oct 6 Student crackdown.
One Official Royal Immigration Agent staple the TM30 receipt into my passport, and told me they are not going to renew 90 day reporting, if people do not have this in your passport.

Interesting

No one else has said this

i will find out next week

23 minutes ago, Touch wood said:

That's nonsense and scaremongering on the part of your agent.

What about the hoteliers who use electronic reporting of foreigners residence.

What about the private landlords who complete the TM30 and obtain the receipt.

The receipt for a TM30 won't always be available for every foreigner to staple it in his passport.

In many cases the hotelier or landlord will hold that receipt as their proof of completing the reporting.

2 minutes ago, Faz said:

That's nonsense and scaremongering on the part of your agent.

What about the hoteliers who use electronic reporting of foreigners residence.

What about the private landlords who complete the TM30 and obtain the receipt.

The receipt for a TM30 won't always be available for every foreigner to staple it in his passport.

In many cases the hotelier or landlord will hold that receipt as their proof of completing the reporting.

When we submitted the TM30 for our tenants I was given the receipt and told to give a copy to each of the tenants to put in their passports.

41 minutes ago, Faz said:

No it's nationwide.

Perhaps if more expats actually spent 20 minutes or so reading the Immigration Act, they'd know what is expected of them to remain in Thailand and comply with the law, rather than complain when they get fined for non compliance.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse and it's not Immigrations job to inform you of the laws, the onus is on you to find out.

The information is freely available, just 'Google'.

No wonder people get confused, NO NO NO It's up to the Thai citizen to do the reporting TM30 form , and if they do not they should pay. Not the Visitors that has an official Visa to the kingdom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thailand said:

When we submitted the TM30 for our tenants I was given the receipt and told to give a copy to each of the tenants to put in their passports.

That's good common sense, but not a requirement.

Not every hoteliers or landlords will supply copies for their tenants, so many foreigners won't have a TM30 receipt in their passport.

Yes please Learn the local law this country is not like most Caucasian Country’s, good example where Mix Race Families can live in the same country for free. If Aliens want to stay with their Thai Family for more then the length of “Common tourist Visa” They have to pay very very large amount of money, and show the official receipt to Royal Immigration Agents, so they can stay and feed their Thai children and pay for their education.
And then have to leave the country if they're do not had the some money to deposit into the Thai System, to extend the same 12 months marriage Visa every year.
You cannot see your Thai family love once for free if you are not of the same blood.

27 minutes ago, Faz said:

That's good common sense, but not a requirement.

Not every hoteliers or landlords will supply copies for their tenants, so many foreigners won't have a TM30 receipt in their passport.

It was a requirement of Chiangmai Imm,want to tell them they are wrong?

But I think we know by now Chiangmai Imm is a law unto themselves so it is quite possible they will require a copy of TM30 in ALL foreign residents passports and perhaps in the future even that TM28 to show that when you were out of province you recorded your change of address and will be submitting another one when you return home.

Nothing is beyond the bounds of possibility at the moment.

36 minutes ago, Touch wood said:

No wonder people get confused, NO NO NO It's up to the Thai citizen to do the reporting TM30 form , and if they do not they should pay. Not the Visitors that has an official Visa to the kingdom.

I do take your point, however my wife wouldn't, so (in the interests of remaining married) I prefer to accept that immigration-related costs like this fine are indeed my responsibility. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Would someone be so kind as to point me to not only the form in Thai language, but the blurb for the owner to read and so that they can see clearly that this is a law that they have no choice but to comply with please? I doubt it is done in many of the bigger condo buildings where there is a fair bit of farang ownership and tenancy.  We were asked for copies of (since replaced) passports when we moved in for the government, but I doubt that they are re-reported every time any of us go overseas and come back.  

Tempting to say it's not our problem, but if we hit any hurdles when retirement extensions are due it will most definitely become our problem and I'd like it sorted out before then, at least give them the heads up so they know they have to do it and I'll an email record of my bringing it to their attention. Info in Thai will be a lot easier for them than having them grapple with their limited English.

9 minutes ago, Konini said:

Would someone be so kind as to point me to not only the form in Thai language, but the blurb for the owner to read and so that they can see clearly that this is a law that they have no choice but to comply with please? I doubt it is done in many of the bigger condo buildings where there is a fair bit of farang ownership and tenancy.  We were asked for copies of (since replaced) passports when we moved in for the government, but I doubt that they are re-reported every time any of us go overseas and come back.  

Tempting to say it's not our problem, but if we hit any hurdles when retirement extensions are due it will most definitely become our problem and I'd like it sorted out before then, at least give them the heads up so they know they have to do it and I'll an email record of my bringing it to their attention. Info in Thai will be a lot easier for them than having them grapple with their limited English.

http://immigration.go.th/

Go to Notification Of Residence after entering site, click on Thai version top right, tis there.

• Like 1

Thank you, Oh Great Pachyderm-y one.  I just select-ALL the text inside the box, right clicked and hit print not expecting too much, but I have a full PDF complete with working links, so I don't even have to email them a scan without the links.

Saved me an awful lot of sign language.

14 minutes ago, Thailand said:

http://immigration.go.th/

Go to Notification Of Residence after entering site, click on Thai version top right, tis there.

Your a business and use the online service.

Many thousands of private landlords, or wives who are the property owners are oblivious to the requirements to report an alien residing at their address, or where the form is available.

They are Thai and not under any Immigration control, so know very little about the Immigration laws.

The responsibility therefore many times falls on the foreigner to advise the landlord/wife, and quite often it's the foreigner sat in front of an Immigration officer who ends up paying the fine.

Thais will very rarely visit an Immigration office unless it's an application for a marriage extension.

I've moved 3 times and on each occasion filed a TM28, which is my responsibility, and a TM30 as the tenant of the property without any problems, using copies of the landlords Tabian Baan and ID card as proof of address.

5 minutes ago, Konini said:

Thank you, Oh Great Pachyderm-y one.  I just select-ALL the text inside the box, right clicked and hit print not expecting too much, but I have a full PDF complete with working links, so I don't even have to email them a scan without the links.

Saved me an awful lot of sign language.

Unless you operate as a business and have an ID number, you cannot use the online reporting of foreigners.

23 minutes ago, Faz said:

Your a business and use the online service.

Many thousands of private landlords, or wives who are the property owners are oblivious to the requirements to report an alien residing at their address, or where the form is available.

They are Thai and not under any Immigration control, so know very little about the Immigration laws.

The responsibility therefore many times falls on the foreigner to advise the landlord/wife, and quite often it's the foreigner sat in front of an Immigration officer who ends up paying the fine.

Thais will very rarely visit an Immigration office unless it's an application for a marriage extension.

I've moved 3 times and on each occasion filed a TM28, which is my responsibility, and a TM30 as the tenant of the property without any problems, using copies of the landlords Tabian Baan and ID card as proof of address.

Ignorance of the law is OK if you are Thai?