Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

3 hours ago, cheeryble said:

I'm about to get my extension today using an agent just for this year as a bit busy.

Question

90 day is due on my official extension day......28th Sept....and a bit early to do that.

I'd prefer to do myself.

If I use the online form (I'll look for it now but can anyone link me to it?) does it ask for any documents or copies of them to be  sent.

I am told I don't need a T M 30 for visa today.....just yellow Tabien bahn is enough, and also told that anyone who goes for one gets a 1600baht fine (short time is 800)......basically all long term farang here are due to pay 1600.

So whats required for online and postal applications?

Thanks

When I had my retirement extension done 2 months ago by an agent, they told me to get a TM30 first. My wife did that and paid a fine of 1,600 Baht.

No papers are needed for 90 days online application.

Could anyone comment on whether the resident visa agent at Promenada does marriage visa extensions.

Seems the Thai’s have learned a new way to cash in on this as getting there at 4:20 AM does not guarantee being served that day unless you have someone pre book a stool.

1 minute ago, bkkbill said:

Could anyone comment on whether the resident visa agent at Promenada does marriage visa extensions.

Seems the Thai’s have learned a new way to cash in on this as getting there at 4:20 AM does not guarantee being served that day unless you have someone pre book a stool.

095 6958999

Also speak English

2 hours ago, bkkbill said:

Aren't marriage visa extensions done at airport imm office? 

Reserving a chair  and getting your papers in order yourself, which is hardly difficult, is a few thousand baht cheaper and just as quick, if not quicker overall.

19 hours ago, Thailand said:

Aren't marriage visa extensions done at airport imm office? 

Reserving a chair  and getting your papers in order yourself, which is hardly difficult, is a few thousand baht cheaper and just as quick, if not quicker overall.

Yes marriage visa extensions are done at airport imm office but that wasn't the question it was on whether the visa agent does.

Edited by bkkbill

57 minutes ago, bkkbill said:

Yes marriage visa extensions are done at airport imm office but that wasn't the question it was on whether the visa agent does.

Apologies if I caused you any inconvenience.

Interesting though didn't know G4T did extensions based on marriage at the airport imm, anyone else used them for this?

Terribly sorry for more confusion. G4T doesn't to my knowledge do extensions based on marriage at airport imm. they do extensions based on marriage at  Promenada for extensions based on marriage or so I was told. (Could anyone comment on whether the resident visa agent at Promenada does marriage visa extensions.)

Hope this is helps with the confusion.

In the  queue at 5am, hard seat #3. Out the door at 11:15 with retirement extension and multi-entry stamp.

The Foreign Alien form a big nuisance.  Why fill out 2 of those things?  Seems like there are conflicting interests in the Immig office.

But I'm pretty satisfied for a rainy Monday morn.  

So till next year...ta-ta.

3 hours ago, bkkbill said:

Terribly sorry for more confusion. G4T doesn't to my knowledge do extensions based on marriage at airport imm. they do extensions based on marriage at Promenada for extensions based on marriage or so I was told. (Could anyone comment on whether the resident visa agent at Promenada does marriage visa extensions.)

Hope this is helps with the confusion.

Don't think so, always though marriage extensions were done at the airport   Immigration Airport Experiences - Marriage/Business/Teachers/Work 2016 but you could call them again.  1503449.GIF

On 9 กันยายน 2559 at 1:32 PM, lj cm said:

When I had my retirement extension done 2 months ago by an agent, they told me to get a TM30 first. My wife did that and paid a fine of 1,600 Baht.

No papers are needed for 90 days online application.

I took the receipt and a copy of the TM 30 when I did my extension and he took it, so thanks to those that posted about it on here- saved me a problem. That counts as the next extra thing they ask for every time I do an extension.

For proof of residence I took a copy of the house blue book and the owner's ID. He took them, but didn't keep the copy of the letter, and I don't think he even read the original. I wouldn't chance going without a letter next time though.

On 12 กันยายน 2559 at 0:24 PM, jobin said:

In the  queue at 5am, hard seat #3. Out the door at 11:15 with retirement extension and multi-entry stamp.

The Foreign Alien form a big nuisance.  Why fill out 2 of those things?  Seems like there are conflicting interests in the Immig office.

But I'm pretty satisfied for a rainy Monday morn.

So till next year...ta-ta.

Why fill out 2 of those things?

Why indeed? Only one was required of me.

On 9 กันยายน 2559 at 10:07 AM, cheeryble said:

I'm about to get my extension today using an agent just for this year as a bit busy.

Question

90 day is due on my official extension day......28th Sept....and a bit early to do that.

I'd prefer to do myself.

If I use the online form (I'll look for it now but can anyone link me to it?) does it ask for any documents or copies of them to be  sent.

I am told I don't need a T M 30 for visa today.....just yellow Tabien bahn is enough, and also told that anyone who goes for one gets a 1600baht fine (short time is 800)......basically all long term farang here are due to pay 1600.

So whats required for online and postal applications?

Thanks

It is the owner's job to do the TM 30, but if they haven't done it there may be a problem. For myself, I got my wife to fill it in and I took it to the airport office to ensure it was done on time and no fines applicable if so done.

basically all long term farang here are due to pay 1600.

NO. The owner pays the fine if not done within 24 hours of arrival.

I will be leaving Thailand for a few days and need a re-entry permit. I prefer to go to Immigration beforehand than do at the airport on the way out. I am that one in a million... if something can go wrong it will, so I prefer to get it done in advance.

What do I need to take with me to immigration. I am have non-immigrant O-A second portion. (I exited and came back just before the enter before date). Good until March 2017. I will be gone 4-5 days. Single entry.

I am assuming myself and my passport. What else could they need?

Edited by jmd8800

20 hours ago, silverhawk_usa said:

I suggest that everyone participate in the current City Life Survey.  At least it is possibly a start to being heard.

Good idea although I'm doubtful it'll make any difference (regardless, I've given them an earful about their system and efficiency....or lack thereof).

Given the Thai defamation law in all its pre-historic criminal and civil forms, City Life ought to be fairly careful as to what comments they pass on or publish.

Hi all I am moving to CM at the end of this month I have lived in Udon Thani for the past three years on an O-A I need to  do a 90 day report and change of address on 05/10/16 if some one can give what procedures I need to do I would appreciate it very much, don't want to tread on any ones toes on my first visit.

Thanks in advance.

macca46

On 9/15/2016 at 3:40 PM, macca46 said:

Hi all I am moving to CM at the end of this month I have lived in Udon Thani for the past three years on an O-A I need to  do a 90 day report and change of address on 05/10/16 if some one can give what procedures I need to do I would appreciate it very much, don't want to tread on any ones toes on my first visit.

Thanks in advance.

macca46

Are you on an "extension" or do you actually have an O-A visa?  I suspect you've applied for an extension at the Udon Thani Immigration office sometime in the past 12 months -- you may have called it "renewing your visa" and your original O-A visa has long since expired.

If that's the case, then you need to make sure that a TM30 report is filed on your behalf within 24 hours of moving into CM province.  If you're living in a guesthouse or serviced apartment, or other place that asks for a copy of your passport, then they will probably file a TM30 on-line and you should ask them to produce a receipt, actually if they could do a "print screen" of what they submit, that would be something good to put in your passport.  Otherwise, the owner of your residence should go to the Immigration office near the airport to file a TM30.  Failure to do so will result in a fine.  

If the owner of your residence is your wife, then she will have to pay and this is a favorite tactic of CM Immigration -- to check the status of foreigners married to Thai ladies to see if their wives filed TM30 reports on their behalf for homes their husbands have bought in their names.

The Immigration office at Promenada mall no longer handles TM30 filings.

Otherwise, the owner of your residence should go to the Immigration office near the airport to file a TM30.  Failure to do so will result in a fine.  

Jeez, parking there used to be a zoo -- is that still the case?

If I don't subject myself and/or wife to a trip to the zoo, will not having a TM30 on file be problematic for the next retirement extension? What about 90 day reports? Any other problems out there for not having the wife file a TM30?

And if problematic, if I hire an agent, will he fix any TM30 problems for retirement extension -- via the brown envelope handshake with Immigration?

If it turns out I need (read: should get) a TM30 on file, can I do this by mail -- with a return envelope for the receipt? If so, what address?

Thanx.

Otherwise, the owner of your residence should go to the Immigration office near the airport to file a TM30.  Failure to do so will result in a fine.  

If I don't subject myself and/or wife to a trip to the zoo, will not having a TM30 on file be problematic for the next retirement extension? What about 90 day reports? Any other problems out there for not having the wife file a TM30?

And if problematic, if I hire an agent, will he fix any TM30 problems for retirement extension -- perhaps via the brown envelope handshake with Immigration?

If it turns out I need (read: should get) a TM30 on file, can I do this by mail -- with a return envelope for the receipt? If so, what address?

Thanx.

Edited by JimGant
omitted text

Hello,

I have to do my Thai Visa retirement extension this coming week in Chiang Mai.  Last year they only served the first 20 people in line so you had to arrive around 6am.  I heard they are serving more now.  So I guess my question is, does anyone have recent experience of what time in the morning to get there, to be served?

7 hours ago, JimGant said:

Not a zoo, but  the lot itself is almost always full unless you go in the late afternoon, but you can circle a bit if you wish until a space becomes free.  There is parking for a nominal fee across the road.

Not problematic, certainly, but she will have to file one and also pay a fine.  If not she, you will.  Cheap fine.

And if problematic, if I hire an agent, will he fix any TM30 problems for retirement extension -- perhaps via the brown envelope handshake with Immigration?

I am unaware of and have never seen any evidence of a "brown envelope handshake" at Chiang Mai Immigration and suggest you not offer a bribe unless you like getting into trouble.

Thanx.

Not by mail. At least, yet. TM30 for those in private residences is still, I believe, done only in person by either the householder or by someone authorized on the householder's behalf.  To my personal knowledge, CM Immigration (AIrport Investigations Office) accepts one from the "tenant" if a photocopy of proper identification (e.g., wife's ID card) and the relationship (lease, marriage certificate, etc.) is provided.

Edited by Mapguy

1 hour ago, inThailand1 said:

Hello,

I have to do my Thai Visa retirement extension this coming week in Chiang Mai.  Last year they only served the first 20 people in line so you had to arrive around 6am.  I heard they are serving more now.  So I guess my question is, does anyone have recent experience of what time in the morning to get there, to be served?

25 tickets. Depends on the day.  Usually 05:00 - 06:00 are mentioned.  Agrees with personal experience.  Read the thread above.