Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

but according to you, a little while back, during a C.E.C. meeting that a special task force(words that you used) had proposals or agenda , etc etc in the making etc etc to alleviate the ret visa very poor service etc etc at the zoo

it would be very kind of you,for a update on how that is progressing???

If my memory is correct

I was at the CEC meeting

It was from the X British Honorary Counsel

It was to do with the funding from the Promenade Centre

To develop a program

Maybe it was not successful and maybe Bangkok Immigration did not approve it

Hopefully Nancl might have the information

I believe she would have shared the information if she had it

It was actually due in April

This is what happens when you go to some of the meetings you hear it from the horses mouth as to say

Not from what a friend told me

Same as when the Allison Monkhouse did there presantion

The miss informations that came from that as i was at that meeting too

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but according to you, a little while back, during a C.E.C. meeting that a special task force(words that you used) had proposals or agenda , etc etc in the making etc etc to alleviate the ret visa very poor service etc etc at the zoo

it would be very kind of you,for a update on how that is progressing???

If my memory is correct

I was at the CEC meeting

It was from the X British Honorary Counsel

It was to do with the funding from the Promenade Centre

To develop a program

Maybe it was not successful and maybe Bangkok Immigration did not approve it

Hopefully Nancl might have the information

I believe she would have shared the information if she had it

It was actually due in April

This is what happens when you go to some of the meetings you hear it from the horses mouth as to say

Not from what a friend told me

Same as when the Allison Monkhouse did there presantion

The miss informations that came from that as i was at that meeting too

You are correct. The report was done by the British Honorary Counsel. He was talking about some very good suggestions that a committee of members from the conciliates had come up with.

It has nothing to do with the CEC it was just a report on the activities of an outside group and their actions.

Obviously there has been no action by immagration taken on their suggestions.

If mister high on his horse stick up some thing would come to the meetings he would at least know the speaker's speak for them self's not the club. This Saturday they will have a speaker from the Promenada. He or she may say some thing about the immigration or they may not.

Noticed in yesterdays Bangkok media that Immigration are due to open NEW offices in Chaiyaphum and Saraphi.

I would suggest both areas are hardly significant in high expat numbers.

Rather makes a mockery of the old chestnut "no funding available" to employ more staff in CM where they obviously are needed.

I don't think they want extra staff; a smooth running office would cut back on the amount of people that use agents and other practices that are in place now that provides them with extra income.

Thanks for all the replies.

I found the exit / re-entry application form on the Immigration website but it seems to be years out of date.

Can someone please share an up to date link.

Thank you.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Be sure to print the TM8 on A4 paper, front and back, not as a two-page form.

Thank you Nancy.

why all the spite towards E/S???

have only politely posted , a question, which is on topic ,and hopefully receive a answer from Nancy L

simple as that

Come on you are an Aussie you cant for one minute think that is spite . Water off a Ducks back comes to mind.

I tried to post earlier but ThaiVisa wasn't cooperating.

The CEO of Promenada isn't coming to tomorrow's CEC meeting. He got called out of the country. Instead, I'll be giving a review of the recent CEC Member Survey.

As for an update on the Consular Corp's efforts to improve conditions for retirees at Immigration Promenada -- they've not made much progress despite numerous meetings. I'll ask the Hon. British Consul if he'd like to give an update at a CEC meeting soon. The lack of progress wasn't due to any lack of effort on the part of the Consular corp and there still are efforts to bring the attention to higher levels in Bangkok.

In the meantime, I suggest we encourage those considering retirement in Chiang Mai to arrive with bright shiny O-A visas from their home countries to minimize their contact with CM Immigration during their initial years here. And continue to keep each and the Consulates/Embassies posted on what's happening at Promenada.

those considering retirement in Chiang Mai to arrive with bright shiny O-A visas from their home countries to minimize their contact with CM Immigration during their initial years here.

Years? You still have to do all the same things -- 90-day and extension and reentry permit -- from the get-go. What years do you mean?

The CEO of Promenada isn't coming to tomorrow's CEC meeting. He got called out of the country.

As for an update on the Consular Corp's efforts to improve conditions for retirees at Immigration Promenada -- they've not made much progress despite numerous meetings. I'll ask the Hon. British Consul if he'd like to give an update at a CEC meeting soon. The lack of progress wasn't due to any lack of effort on the part of the Consular corp and there still are efforts to bring the attention to higher levels in Bangkok.

first line, How Convienent

next paragraph

Always Mission Impossible. !!!! Reason...None of their business

many thks for your requested , update

E/S

s and
those considering retirement in Chiang Mai to arrive with bright shiny O-A visas from their home countries to minimize their contact with CM Immigration during their initial years here.

Years? You still have to do all the same things -- 90-day and extension and reentry permit -- from the get-go. What years do you mean?

with a O-A visa only 90day reports first year and if you go on a trip you can avoid those no re-entry permit first year. Second year 90 day reports and a re-entry permit

Noticed in yesterdays Bangkok media that Immigration are due to open NEW offices in Chaiyaphum and Saraphi.

I would suggest both areas are hardly significant in high expat numbers.

Rather makes a mockery of the old chestnut "no funding available" to employ more staff in CM where they obviously are needed.

Immigration do more than process expats from farang land, japan, china and what ever major countries. They probably need immigration office for migrant workers in those areas Laos, cambodia, Myanmar, vietnam and who knows where else

The CEO of Promenada isn't coming to tomorrow's CEC meeting. He got called out of the country.

next paragraph

E/S

I knew you'd be suitably appreciative.

With an O-A visa - if you time it correctly - you don't need to visit Immigration for up to two years. If you make trips home periodically, you can do serial O-A visas every two years.

Some of us have been here for years and have never visited CM Immigration. 90 days by mail, re-entry permit (when required) obtained at the airport. Completely legal.

next paragraph

E/S

I knew you'd be suitably appreciative.

appreciative?? no not at all !!!!

just calling a spade a spade

are the conditions at the zoo, that horrendous, which warrant consular corps efforts??

sure , the services provided at the zoo are inadequate, compared to other offices throughout Thailand , agreed whole heartly

but ASKING them , how to operate their business in any shape or form, is wreckless, its their show ,simple as that

your earlier crazy snooping crusade was fruitless,,and ended up at a dead end , now you on another mission impossible, promise you they will beat you, all ends up!!! again!!!

perhaps The Shindler,s List book/movie would be a great reminder ,that the present c/mais zoo model is a walk in the park

a nice hello dolly late evening to allsmile.png

next paragraph

E/S

Why don't you get off your high horse remove the stick and ask the conciliate committee your self?

It is not Nancy's job to hold your hand and it is nothing to do with the Ex Pats Club except they allowed him to speak on what they had been doing up until that date. Nothing to do with the Ex Pats or Nancy.

I was hoping that the Promenada would be there. Interested in more than Immigration there. Well the demographics may be boring to some and laughed at by some with a four footed friend but I for one will be interested.

Even if the CEO of Promenada had come to talk, I doubt he was prepared to talk about what plans Immigration had for the space Promenada had given to them.

In fact, I need to give him a heads-up that he'll be ambushed with questions about Immigration, because now that he's not coming, people are telling me that they'd plan to come to hear what was going on at Immigration Promenada (as if he knew!). Well, actually if you look at every customer comfort improvement at that office, it's been provided by the mall, i.e. inside aircon waiting area, chairs, wifi, TVs that were suppose to be used for lighted queue number signs but aren't, etc.

Even if the CEO of Promenada had come to talk, I doubt he was prepared to talk about what plans Immigration had for the space Promenada had given to them.

In fact, I need to give him a heads-up that he'll be ambushed with questions about Immigration, because now that he's not coming, people are telling me that they'd plan to come to hear what was going on at Immigration Promenada (as if he knew!). Well, actually if you look at every customer comfort improvement at that office, it's been provided by the mall, i.e. inside aircon waiting area, chairs, wifi, TVs that were suppose to be used for lighted queue number signs but aren't, etc.

Yawn !!!

Yawn !!!

Finally you have joined the crowd and become tired of listening to your own nonsense.

Well done cobber.

I did my retirement extension a couple of weeks ago,first time at Promenada,and first time

without an appointment,(think we know the reason that was canned),anyway got there soon,

was 3 rd in queue,first was a Burmese sitter,paid to get there early and keep place for an agent.

second a Japanese gentleman,you don't have to sit on the stool in the queue,you can put a bag,

bottle of water,or if your German maybe a towel,so you can wander off, recline car seat and try

to have a nap.

The agent arrived at around 8,with client in tow to relieve the Burmese sitter,the coffee shop had

also reserved a couple of places for 90 day clients by placing old bags on first 2 stools,and later

couple young girls down the line keeping a place for some Japanese that arrived about 7.30,so

there seem to be money making opportunities to be made, resulting from the chaos there.

After 8 they started to hand tickets out ,first for 90 days and tourists,the retirement extensions

who had been there first were done last,into the office,first extension called 8.45,then the

Japanese guy,he need extra copies,and also talked the lady officer to do his 90 day report

for him,so it was about 9.30 before I was called,only took a few minutes,told to come back

at 2.00 to pick up passport.

Back to office 2.00,passport not back from the airport where they are sent for big boss to sign,

around 2.30 they arrived,collected passport,got re entry ticket, 15 mins later had the stamp and

on my way home, thankful this is only one a year,no way, I would use an agent,would never pay

anyone to do something I could easily do myself,Ok took a bit time,but met other people,and it

was not a hardship ,and saved 4K (4GS) or 7K agents,plus whatever they charge for re entry.

I cannot see things improving anytime soon,like I said there are money making opportunities

to be made from the chaos there.

regards Worgeordie

may E/S asked the following question

i note from your opening post from the thread which you started named *You need I.D for posting letters etc at the post office* C/mai forum

that you posted your 90 day report on the 17/5/2016

where as your above detailed post says that approx around 24/4/16 you had your ret/visa renewed at the zoo

so within 24 DAYS or so ,from renewing your ret/visa , you are in the process of executing your 90 day report

is such a early, early, 90 day report , by mail , needed these days , as in your case???facepalm.gif

just wondering

a top of the morning to allsmile.png

There is no correlation between Extension date and 90 Day reporting beyond your first year ... even then, an overseas trip can change the 90 Day report date.

I agree Rob

Maybe its his Australian different English

Even i can understand both after living in both countries Australia more than England

I am having a laugh at all this

maybe E/S has nothing to do so he just posts

i have better things to do these days

i only comment locationally

Have to have a laugh at this one this time

I did my retirement extension a couple of weeks ago,first time at Promenada,and first time

without an appointment,(think we know the reason that was canned),anyway got there soon,

was 3 rd in queue,first was a Burmese sitter,paid to get there early and keep place for an agent.

second a Japanese gentleman,you don't have to sit on the stool in the queue,you can put a bag,

bottle of water,or if your German maybe a towel,so you can wander off, recline car seat and try

to have a nap.

The agent arrived at around 8,with client in tow to relieve the Burmese sitter,the coffee shop had

also reserved a couple of places for 90 day clients by placing old bags on first 2 stools,and later

couple young girls down the line keeping a place for some Japanese that arrived about 7.30,so

there seem to be money making opportunities to be made, resulting from the chaos there.

After 8 they started to hand tickets out ,first for 90 days and tourists,the retirement extensions

who had been there first were done last,into the office,first extension called 8.45,then the

Japanese guy,he need extra copies,and also talked the lady officer to do his 90 day report

for him,so it was about 9.30 before I was called,only took a few minutes,told to come back

at 2.00 to pick up passport.

Back to office 2.00,passport not back from the airport where they are sent for big boss to sign,

around 2.30 they arrived,collected passport,got re entry ticket, 15 mins later had the stamp and

on my way home, thankful this is only one a year,no way, I would use an agent,would never pay

anyone to do something I could easily do myself,Ok took a bit time,but met other people,and it

was not a hardship ,and saved 4K (4GS) or 7K agents,plus whatever they charge for re entry.

I cannot see things improving anytime soon,like I said there are money making opportunities

to be made from the chaos there.

regards Worgeordie

may E/S asked the following question

i note from your opening post from the thread which you started named *You need I.D for posting letters etc at the post office* C/mai forum

that you posted your 90 day report on the 17/5/2016

where as your above detailed post says that approx around 24/4/16 you had your ret/visa renewed at the zoo

so within 24 DAYS or so ,from renewing your ret/visa , you are in the process of executing your 90 day report

is such a early, early, 90 day report , by mail , needed these days , as in your case???facepalm.gif

just wondering

a top of the morning to allsmile.png

Are you not on speaking terms with your super duper agent?

Not sure if this the correct place to ask - Multi Re-entry Permit (when extending yearly retirement).

I've just downloaded the form (TM8) and I see that there is a paragraph about exactly when I want to leave and re-enter Thailand. I don't actually know

when I'd want to leave and re-enter, seeing as I'm only planning to make some trips to (maybe) Vietnam, Laos, Malaysia etc in the course of the coming 12 months to see the sights for a few days at a time.

This being a Multi Re-entry Permit - can I just leave this paragraph blank - or am I required to fill in some dates or other that are absolutely not relevant (at all)?

Thanks for any help. biggrin.png

Cheers

Not sure if this the correct place to ask - Multi Re-entry Permit (when extending yearly retirement).

I've just downloaded the form (TM8) and I see that there is a paragraph about exactly when I want to leave and re-enter Thailand. I don't actually know

when I'd want to leave and re-enter, seeing as I'm only planning to make some trips to (maybe) Vietnam, Laos, Malaysia etc in the course of the coming 12 months to see the sights for a few days at a time.

This being a Multi Re-entry Permit - can I just leave this paragraph blank - or am I required to fill in some dates or other that are absolutely not relevant (at all)?

Cheers

The dates of your travel plans are not mandatory when applying for the permit. If you have firm plans you could enter them; if they change later it doesn't matter.

Or just leave it blank: if the I/O insists you should enter something make it up. When you exit/entry the I/O just needs to see a valid stamp in your passport.

Cheers

I had my local Agent do a single re entry visa recently with all the paperwork

Am not sure if you think you will get a extension on you Yearly retirement visa

The Multi re entry visa is only available till you Yearly visa date finishes

The re entry visa is to go in and out of the country within your yearly visa

With the date stamped on the yearly visa

That is if you have a O A yearly Visa

As i just did a single re entry visa and used it which ran out when my O A runs out Sepember

Then the fun begins going to get my first extension visa

Others can answer with more information

As this is my personal understanding

As i just did a single re entry visa and used it which ran out when my O A runs out Sepember

It's a re-entry permit not a re-entry visa. Also, if I'm reading your post correctly, you have a non-Immigrant O-A visa that is currently valid until September 2016? If so, why did you obtain a single re-entry permit "recently"? O-A visas are multiple entry visas so you wouldn't have needed a re-entry permit until after the visa expires.

Also, if you do indeed have an O-A visa, you can leave the country and re-enter a few days before the "enter before date" on the visa and you'll be stamped in for a year from the date you re-enter the country. There would be no need for you to do an extension of stay in September if you do that.

It's a re-entry permit not a re-entry visa. Also, if I'm reading your post correctly, you have a non-Immigrant O-A visa that is currently valid until September 2016? If so, why did you obtain a single re-entry permit "recently"? O-A visas are multiple entry visas so you wouldn't have needed a re-entry permit until after the visa expires.

Also, if you do indeed have an O-A visa, you can leave the country and re-enter a few days before the "enter before date" on the visa and you'll be stamped in for a year from the date you re-enter the country. There would be no need for you to do an extension of stay in September if you do that.

If you read my post closely

You would have read i have already used my re entry permit to go visit overseas

i have been out of the country already and am now back

I tried to be very specific on that

Just stating my own personal usage of my single re entry visa

I know i can do other thing when my visa is dues

i do not know all about these thing

As i have no need for them

With my lifestyle

^^^^ I read your post and understand you used a single re-entry permit. If you have a valid O-A visa you didn't need a re-entry permit. Never mind, carry on.

WOW

So why did Assist Thai Visa Agents

Get me one

They could have told me i did not need one

Am I Wrong Here

Some One Please Correct me

Otherwise

Someone will read this and believe it

^^^^ I read your post and understand you used a single re-entry permit. If you have a valid O-A visa you didn't need a re-entry permit. Never mind, carry on.

WOW

So why did Assist Thai Visa Agents

Get me one

They could have told me i did not need one

Am I Wrong Here

Some One Please Correct me

Otherwise

Someone will read this and believe it

I don't know if your visa is a multiple entry or not ( can't be bothered researching non O A visas ), but everyone should do research before getting anything. It's pretty much all on the TV website.

Archived