What will happen to mankind in the future?

i claudius

Just read Dan Browns Inferno... Over population with eventually be our downfall...

We will regress to wild creatures as we struggle to survive with ever dwindling resources.

Hope I'm not around to witness it !

Happy New Year smile.png

It's funny you should say that, as it has been repeatedly proven to be completely wrong.

The world is swimming in resources.

Predictions we would run out of food by year 2000 ..... completely wrong, more food being grown now than ever before, surplus everywhere (that can pay).

Oil was going to run out by 2010 ....... so much oil around now prices have halved.

I suspect the one thing that won't happen (in the foreseeable future) is shortages of resources.

You are entitled to your opinion...

In many ways i think Maejomtb is right there is lots of food in some places , unfortunatly where there is little food and water its where people breed the most ,also there are certain regions where the population just cannot live in peace, also regions where the population will do nothing to help themselves (look at Haiti all these years on ,still a cesspit where no one does anything ,unlike say Japan) and these are the ones that are going to be our downfall , because they will want what those who have it already have , so yes maybe it will come to having to kill them ,don't forget , we cannot put the morals of today when those who have are nice and cosy , what happens when they are in danger of losing it?

Aliens will land in the next 20 years and will either:-

Be benign and help us with technology to free ourselves of the fossil-fuel issues.

OR

Blast us into the next world as being a blight on the universe as a whole.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Serve_Man_%28The_Twilight_Zone%29

Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. ― Arthur C. Clarke

Are aliens allowed to sign up on Thaivisa?

The possibility that we are the most intelligent beings in the universe is one of the most terrifying prospects to me. I am a logical person. There are over 100 billion solar systems in our Galaxy alone. There are hundreds of billions of galaxies. In my mind, the chances that several civilizations at least as intelligent as ours (not very) existing in each galaxy is very, very high. So, this "we are the only intelligence in the universe" crap is nothing but arrogant drivel from my point of view. Of course they are out there. What is so hard to comprehend and process about that?

As far as where we are going from here? Well unless we can figure out a way to get people to slow down their reproducing, the quality of life for everyone is going to diminish. What is such a big deal about having kids? Why so important? And if you are going to have kids, why not limit it to one or two? The future quality of life depends on that.

As far as where we are going from here? Well unless we can figure out a way to get people to slow down their reproducing, the quality of life for everyone is going to diminish. What is such a big deal about having kids? Why so important? And if you are going to have kids, why not limit it to one or two? The future quality of life depends on that.

The people who would listen, aren't the ones that need to stop reproducing.

ALL the western Christian countries are currently shipping in Muslim/Hindu immigrants to make up for the shortfall your shortsighted (if well intentioned) silliness has already caused.

Self limiting reproduction means the end of western culture, as we know it, and ultimately the extinction of the Caucasian race.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Intelligent Alien life will make it's self know to the world and we will learn that all the prophets were really visitors from advanced worlds trying to bring piece and enlightenment to humans. All religions will be void and new technologies will be provided for power and food. The new world order will not be the rich and powerful but the people who have followed the way of the prophets (aliens). New rules for all to follow will be provided and enforced. People who cause harm to others will be considered not fit to live and be executed. Everyone will be equal, have food to eat, a place to stay, and an assigned job.

The people who would listen, aren't the ones that need to stop reproducing.

ALL the western Christian countries are currently shipping in Muslim/Hindu immigrants to make up for the shortfall your shortsighted (if well intentioned) silliness has already caused.

Self limiting reproduction means the end of western culture, as we know it, and ultimately the extinction of the Caucasian race.

So what? My guess is that the Caucasian race is getting watered down as we speak through intermarriage. Why is the preservation of the Caucasian race so important? I am a white man, and I do not see any great significance to preserving the race. What happens, happens. I realize it would disappoint Trump and his followers. That is not of much concern to me.

Edited by spidermike007

Right now we have had our merry xmas ,time to think of the future , what with the mass exodus of refugees , economic migrants etc , what will the future hold , as water and food become more scarce ,the worlds population set to expand by 5 billion more by 2050 what is in store for us , well not a lot of us as we will be long gone , but mankind as a whole , i personally think , that really really bad times are ahead , whats your thoughts ?

sorry not much fun and entertainment

If Donald Trump is voted in as president then you won't have to wait long for bad times.

I think that there are other aliens out there ,as there are as many planets as grains of sand on the beach,however the chances they will come or have been are infinitesimal,that is unless they have learnt to travel faster than light and are still able to travel for hundreds of years , as for the west it will get watered down by races that just do not seem to get on but live in poverty or the past