Thai paramotor flyer going astray into Laotian border

webfact

Paramotor flyer going astray into Laotian border

281227-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thai paramotor flyer who went missing Saturday while flying to join a fruit exhibition in Chiang Rai was located inside the Laotian border yesterday.

Taweesak Unhapattana, 44, was among a team of five paramotor flyers flying from Mae Sai to Wiang Kaen to join a grape exhibition there.

Four flyers arrived at the place safely but Taweesak did not after taking off at 7.30 am.

His missing prompted the Phamuang Field Force to send helicopters to search along the route and along the border.
His colleagues also took part in the paramotor flying to look for him before dark but couldn’t find him due to strong winds and dark clouds.

It was until noon yesterday that he was located by Laotian villagers at Ban Paxang in Sainyabuli, about three kilometres deep from the Thai border.

He was reported to be safe and was under custody by Laotian authorities for question for illegal entry.

Thai authorities are now in contact with Laos to secure his return with reason that he went astray after encountering strong winds.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/paramotor-flyer-going-astray-into-laotian-border

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-12-28

I am just back from Vienteine and they were flying paramotors on a strip of sand on the Mekong River. Which is basically a couple of hundred metres from the Thai border in the middle of the river. I thought this was a bit close on one of those. So could this be a new method of doing Visa runs....?

I guess it is a lot safer than travelling in a mad minibus at 100 mph thru the night.....!!!