100 vehicles impounded so far from drunk drivers

webfact

Well, I think it is a step in the right direction - let's give 'em that. In the past they only ran statistics comparing fatality figures to earlier years just to find out if they had hit a new record (same on Songkran).

To give you a comparison, the total number of deadly fatalities on Swiss roads in entire 2014 was 243 - which is still 243 too many!

In all of Thailand that is a pretty low number to lay claim to. Not much to brag about but at least some force is out there trying to make a difference. Let's hope the number of holiday accidents drops significantly from these people being taken off the streets

This is forced by the military and it cuts into the BIB's money intake.

I wonder how many of the cars were BMW's or Mercs. Oh that's right.....none.

BMW drivers are very responsible drivers, also, before you buy a BMW you have to swear on the bible ( option Koran) you will never drink or sex during driving!

I think you meant BMX...not BMW...

.........Of the 100, 38 also had their driver’s licence suspended.

Would someone explain what that entails? The license issuing office enters a note of suspension on the database so that if law enforcement access that database when holding a driver at a checkpoint they can see that he/she is driving illegally and can be charged?

Finally a reporter gets it right......."drunk driver" and not "drink driver".

Reporters, go study your verb conjugation.

Can you parse sentence on this one too?

"100 vehicles impounded so far from drunk drivers"

So far? How far, a kilometre, five kms? Would a comma have worked?wink.png

The military, yet again, is doing the job that the police are supposed to be doing, with the police in a supporting roll. If there is anything good to have come out of the present regime it is that the law is being enforced, a novel concept in Thailand. I don't think the military is to impressed by "Do you know who I am?", as demonstrated when they took down one of the biggest police chiefs in the land.