Pattaya Memorial

moonseeker

Another good experience. I am quite familiar with that hospital for 16 yrs. and must say they have come a long way. Another good experience with a friend I brought there with persisting high fever & pains etc. last night.

Arrived 19.00, much more quiet than other years, due to missing Russians. Formalities done within 5 minutes by friendly & good E- speaking receptionist.

Seen very young, but competent Dr. within 10 minutes. Due to various symptoms we wanted dengue, beginning pneumonia, bladder infection and various flu strains tested for. X-Ray taken first. Blood & urine tests within 15 minutes. Back to see Dr. with results on screen & printed within another 30 minutes.

All in a very friendly and country-hospital type style. Total bill including several specialized anti-viral meds etc. , for the diagnosed type flu/other infections clearly excluded, a mere 4'000 Baht.

I still recommend massive trauma cases, heart cases and other major emergencies to make your way to BPH and hope you have insurance. But even with some medium trauma cases and serious cases of other kinds, my experiences with this relatively small hospital have been surprisingly good. Small draw-back, inpatient cases might experience a frequent Dr. change, which however did not contribute anything negative in recent head trauma I brought to Memorial, due to financial reasons and no insurance. Super good treatment and bill with 10 days in ICU super-fair. Comments about hospitals here should always been looked at with caution. Compare apples with apples, see who makes the comments? Does he come from a place with Free Healthcare? Does he have proper insurance or are a few days in ICU going to ruin him? My advise to all, accidents and sudden illness can hit any moment and having prepared one way or the other for such an occurrence will make a major difference to you and the people around you, i.e. friends & family. I still see too many people who tend to ignore this subject....**HAPPY NEW YEAR & BEST OF HEALTH TO ALL** MS>

Edited by moonseeker