Am I missing something or was it a lot colder last year?

Kenny202

It was a lot colder last year. Last year I was moaning and complaining with the best of them. This year we saw a couple of moderately cool mornings and have slept with a light blanket only a handful of times. Additionally, last year the local swimming pool was too cold for swimming for several weeks. This year I have been able to keep swimming and have even enjoyed the cooler water temps.

We had a handful of cold days in the west of Khon Kaen.

Currently indeed not the usual cold spell.

But the weather report for new years eve looks "promising" although not touching the 13 / 12 degrees that I remember from past years.

post-99794-0-58710500-1451362877_thumb.j

Edited by KhunBENQ

Yep.

Following last years cold weather I got my Wife some thermal underwear from Ebay.

She has yet to try them out. Far too warm.

You might consider something slightly smaller for this year. Maybe some lingerie? Not necessarily from Ebay though........biggrin.png

On Thursday, 23 January the reported low temperature in Bangkok was 15.6c, that is a 30-year low as detailed in this AP article. Yes, I know many people in Europe and parts of the US will scoff and say 15.6c (60f) isn’t cold, but more than 63 people have died in Thailand from this cold spell (many of the deaths have been in the north and northeast where the temperature has been as low as 8c).

Yes, it was much colder last year. Please see:

The temperature in the Thai capital Bangkok fell to its lowest in decades Thursday, during an unusually cold winter that has already claimed 63 lives in northern parts of the country, the government said."Bangkok hit its coldest record in 30 years Thursday morning when the temperature fell to 15.6 Celsius," said Songkram Aksorn, Deputy Director General of the Thai Meteorological Department.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Coldest-weather-in-decades-hits-Thailand-30224972.html

Edited by lostinisaan

Yep.

Following last years cold weather I got my Wife some thermal underwear from Ebay.

You might consider something slightly smaller for this year. Maybe some lingerie? Not necessarily from Ebay

I have to say I was thinking the same thing. I can't picture a hot Thai girl in Thermals :-(

Yep.

You might consider something slightly smaller for this year. Maybe some lingerie? Not necessarily from Ebay

I have to say I was thinking the same thing. I can't picture a hot Thai girl in Thermals :-(

Nowadays they are pretty sexy. Not like years ago.

post-72703-0-04162900-1451371957_thumb.j

Yep.

And the Farang in long undies with sandals and shorts seems to be the right mixture. Of course a muscle shirt over the sweater....

El Nino effect,brace yourselves for a stinking hot summer and many provinces with no water

heard that last year here, and the last 20 years in Australia

Meanwhile, here in UK, the worst floods in living memory in the north of England http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-35190696 and here in the south of England temperatures of 16 Celsius (should be less than 5 at this time of year!)

I thought this thread was about Thailand ?

But we are getting weather reports from all around the world ?

Fair point! whistling.gif

I only posted to illustrate that what's often referred to as "global warming" may (or may not) actually be having global effects - either that or there are an awful lot of coincidences here!

Okay, this year is nice, so far definitely warmer than last year, and last year was warmer than 2013. 2013 was so cold that after living in Isaan for 11 years, I had to buy a heater. Last year I only used it twice and only because I had it. This year haven't even looked at it.

El Nino effect,brace yourselves for a stinking hot summer and many provinces with no water

Well I guess you should come to WA yesterdays temp was 45.1 at Perth airport

and we got no bloody water either

No white Christmas where you are.whistling.gif

Yes its much warmer this year (winter in Thailand). El Nino started forming many months ago starting biting SEAsia as early as July 2015. The warm weather will last throughout this winter and make next hot season even hotter with less rain than this past summer season.

DELETED

Edited by seedy
link Bangkok Post

I always wonder if there's a country similar to Thailand...cost of living etc further to the north that may be cooler in the hotter months? Nepal?

Nepal is just what you want. Let us know how yak milk compares to somtam and curry. Yeah the girls are just as pretty too.