NACC clears Abhisit, Suthep and Anupong

snoop1130

The Nation

THAILAND -- The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) Tuesday dismissed charges of malfeasance against former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and others in connection with the crackdown on red-shirt rallies during the 2010 political protests.

The NACC also dismissed an im-peachment petition directed against Abhisit, then-deputy PM Suthep Thaugsuban and ex-Army chief General Anupong Paochinda.

NACC secretary general Sansern Polajiak said the NACC had dropped the charges against Abhisit, Suthep and Anupong, all of whom had been accused of malfeasance for ordering police, military and civil officials to use force to disperse the rallies. Efforts to disperse rallies led by red shirt protesters, from April 10 to May 19, 2010, led to heavy casualities. Sansern said the anti-graft agency found that the specific charges for failure to review the use of military force, dereliction of duty and intentionally ordering the killing of innocents, resulting in the loss of lives and assets, had no basis in fact.

The NACC probe concluded that the Centre for Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES) reviewed and adjusted operations after military crowd-control operations on April 10 led to deaths and injuries. As a result, the CRES stopped using force in crowd-control operations and setup checkpoints to prevent more people from entering protest sites in Bangkok's inner city, in an attempt to pressure protesters to give up, the graft agency said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/NACC-clears-Abhisit-Suthep-and-Anupong-30275882.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-29

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>>The NACC probe concluded that the Centre for Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES) reviewed and adjusted operations after military crowd-control operations on April 10 led to deaths and injuries<< Quote

What a relief...............for a moment I thought that it was the use of live ammunition against their fellow countrymen, that caused the deaths and injuries....................coffee1.gif

"The NACC probe concluded that the Centre for Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES) reviewed and adjusted operations after military crowd-control operations on April 10 led to deaths and injuries."

Of course they did, all deaths and injuries that occured after the 10th April were the result of the new improved military operations, for example those operations that led to the deaths of 6 people in Wat Pathum Wanaram, a designated "safe haven".

Who do they think believes this stuff?

had to be the result as they simply returned fire after they were shot at by the reds and black shirts. People want to blame someone look no further than thaksin, the ptp and reds, they are the ones that were on stage/screens and called for the violence and their terrorists then started shooting, bombing and burning Bangkok but that simply doesnt sit well with their apologists.

Edited by seajae

had to be the result as they simply returned fire after they were shot at by the reds and black shirts. People want to blame someone look no further than thaksin, the ptp and reds, they are the ones that were on stage/screens and called for the violence and their terrorists then started shooting, bombing and burning Bangkok but that simply doesnt sit well with their apologists.

I wouldn't have thought that simplistic summary would sit well with anybody who had a critical thinking gene in their body.

No matter the color of the shirt, there is no excuse for an army to use live ammunition against its own population!!

First, a few days ago the death penalty for the 2 Burmese in the Koh Tao case.

Now, a few days later, clearing Abhisit, Suthep and Anupong in the use of live ammunition to murder civilitians.

I hope that somewhere in the world there will be a place where they can hide when Thailand will be back to a civil government.
They surely will need it.

No matter the color of the shirt, there is no excuse for an army to use live ammunition against its own population!!

If someone is shooting at you, you wouldn't shoot back?!

You personally saw who shot first? or just regurgitating the media, I think we all know which one.

As for seajae, no need for a comment, anyone who tries to use the "apologist" line is projecting,

i think I can say with 100% certainty that no one but no one here supports the use of violence from either side.

So grow up and try to make a reasonable argument.

You personally saw who shot first? or just regurgitating the media, I think we all know which one.

As for seajae, no need for a comment, anyone who tries to use the "apologist" line is projecting,

i think I can say with 100% certainty that no one but no one here supports the use of violence from either side.

you saw it? The first shooter I mean.

Suthep was the stooge of the military and Bangkok Sino-Thai elties with a mission to disrupt the elected government of Yingluck so that the military could stage a coup to overthrow their democratic enemy. It worked to perfection, and now there is a Thai military government. No-one in their right mind could expect a decision of the NACC to be anything but this.

As usual you deny the evidence whistling.gif

Have you seen who shot first?

These ridiculous charges were brought by Thaksin (via his cronies) to blackmail Abhisit and Suthep to accept an amnesty bill.

Charging them with murder in those circumstances was simply ridiculous.

We've all seen the videos and the Army were clearing out armed terrorists from the streets of Bangkok. The riot police should have done it earlier but they wouldn't. The protesters should have accepted the offer of an election but they wouldn't. The line that they were peaceful protesters is a lie only hypocrites will stand behind because it suits them.

I've stood in the Dusit Thani hotel while someone pointed out to me all the rooftops where the mercenary snipers were positioned. And I saw a .50 cal hole in the roof which came from that direction.

Thaksin set up a bloodbath using his own supporters hoping to incite a peoples uprising so he could come back home as the saviour of his people. That's how much he loves you red-shirts. Just like he threw you under a bus with the amnesty bill. How many more lessons do you need before you start to cotton on ?.

2010 CRACKDOWN

THE NATION

30275895-01_big.jpg?1451423167680
Abhisit

BANGKOK: -- THE NATIONAL Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) yesterday dismissed charges of malfeasance against former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and others in connection with the crackdown on red-shirt rallies during the 2010 political protests.

The NACC also dismissed an im-peachment petition directed against Abhisit, then-deputy PM Suthep Thaugsuban and ex-Army chief General Anupong Paochinda. NACC secretary general Sansern Polajiak said the NACC had dropped the charges against Abhisit, Suthep and Anupong, all of whom had been accused of malfeasance for ordering police, military and civil officials to use force to disperse the rallies. The efforts to disperse the rallies led by the Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship, which lasted from April 10 to May 19, 2010, led to heavy causalities. Sansern said the graft agency found that the specific charges for failure to review the use of military force, dereliction of duty and intentionally ordering the killing of innocents, resulting in the loss of lives and assets, had no basis in fact.

The NACC probe concluded that the Centre for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES) had reviewed and adjusted military operations after the military's crowd-control operations on April 10 led to deaths and injuries. As a result, the CRES stopped using force in crowd-control operations and set up checkpoints to prevent more people from entering the protest sites in Bangkok's inner city, in an attempt to pressure protesters to give up, the graft agency said.

On May 19, security officials were dispatched to Lumpini Park not to disperse protesters inside the park but to pressure armed groups that had surrounded the park, the NACC found.

Sansern said authorities followed legal procedures and international-standard measures to disperse protesters by warning them to leave the area before security forces moved in.

However, the NACC ruled that the Department of Special Investigation should take legal action against security officials - who had caused deaths and injuries during the crackdown - and their superiors.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/NACC-clears-Abhisit-Suthep-and-Anupong-30275895.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-30

Does it matter who shot first?

Since when do "peaceful protesters" carry semi-auto rifles and ammunition to allow them to "shoot back"?

Would not the illegal possession of military weapons be just cause for them to be arrested, an act which could quite likely result in an exchange of gunfire?

Not an unexpected outcome!

The tragedy for Thailand is that its so-called "leaders" (past and present) can't, or won't, unite the nation.

In that regard, they have ALL failed the majority of the people, and the country that they all claim to love.

So sad!

I wouldn't have thought that simplistic summary would sit well with anybody who had a critical thinking gene in their body.

Anyone who was in Bangkok at the time would agree with thelonius as he is right on target. The takeover of the city and the carnage caused by the reds should never have happened or be allowed to happen.

First, a few days ago the death penalty for the 2 Burmese in the Koh Tao case.

Now, a few days later, clearing Abhisit, Suthep and Anupong in the use of live ammunition to murder civilitians.

I hope that somewhere in the world there will be a place where they can hide when Thailand will be back to a civil government.

They surely will need it.

Dubai seems to be popular, hope that it doesn't get overcrowded, with escapees !

Damn those poor, the world over anyway, they will just not stay in their place and follow instructions by their betters. What was it Mr Dickens just reminded me of? The Spirit of Christmas Present, "beware ignorance and want". There can be no peace unless there is some balance of economic and judicial fairness.