WARNING Don muang airport new rules

t8769

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even at Suwannabhumi Airport Power Banks are not allowed in the check-in baggage but on carry-on baggage it is OK up-to a certain capacity only >>> http://suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/doyouknows/15/the-large-capacity-of-mobile-external-charger-couldnt-bring-on-board

Example

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/travel-information/baggage-restrictions/

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_LK/about-us/contact-us/faqs/baggage-information/carriage-of-lithium-battery-as-baggage.html#

Edit

To cover up your own ignorance it is easy to say that it is a "Typical Thai f*** up!" and feel good!

And if something happens onboard, who's f*** up would we call it? Mine????

bah.gif

Edited by ravip

No, This is not a new rule from Don Muang.

Sorry, your holiday disrupted. I packed my old lap top I use for traveling in my check in bag (Luckily carry bag as well) some 8 months ago.

On check in told to remove from bag, did so & off I went.

One month later from Suvarnabhumi did the same not a problem

As to the actual civil aviation rule I cannot give an opinion

'

It changes by the day.

Is this because of laziness or is it confusion?

Or, is it deliberate?

Who knows!

Absolute ignorance on the part of the traveller. Google, you will find the answer.

Re: the new baggage screening procedures at Don Mueang airport (DMK) in northern Bangkok, at least for Nok Air in Terminal 2, see:

http://www.nokair.com/content/en/travel-info/check-in/airport-check-in.aspx

See the attached photo from the above web page.

Now one no longer puts one's bags to be checked into an X-ray machine before reaching the check-in counter. The X-ray examination occurs after checking the bag, in an area adjacent to the counter. Travelers are advised to pass through their own personal and hand-carried screening, then wait near the checked-baggage X-ray area in case something is found in their checked bag that needs inspection. Then the passenger himself or herself must open the bag for inspection, and remove any item not found safe for carriage in checked baggage.

(One wonders if already in such a secure location, it is possible to return to a public area to hand off an item ineligible for air travel to a friend, or to mail it to oneself at the Post Office, or to find a storage locker until returning to DMK, and then return for personal re-screening again before one's flight.)

Thus, if the bag's owner is not around to open his or her bag with a suspicious or prohibited item, it seems Nok Air may not put the bag on board the aircraft. (This is unlike current practice in the U.S.A., where the T.S.A. will open any such bag in its X-ray screening area far from any passenger observation, remove and discard or sell at auction any prohibited item(s), and leave within the bag a courtesy card explaining what they did before they repack the bag and send it on for loading into the aircraft.)

post-202755-0-55092700-1453246038_thumb.

Edited by Bruce404

And off we go for the next round.

This "new rule" is NOT about power banks etc.pp.

It's about a new handling of checked baggage at Don Mueang terminal 2!

As described repeatedly in the useful post #94 of @Bruce404.

Giving up.

This is the point of the thread: thumbsup.gif

Re: the new baggage screening procedures at Don Mueang airport (DMK) in northern Bangkok, at least for Nok Air in Terminal 2, see:

Now one no longer puts one's bags to be checked into an X-ray machine before reaching the check-in counter. The X-ray examination occurs after checking the bag, in an area adjacent to the counter. Travelers are advised to pass through their own personal and hand-carried screening, then wait near the checked-baggage X-ray area in case something is found in their checked bag that needs inspection. Then the passenger himself or herself must open the bag for inspection, and remove any item not found safe for carriage in checked baggage.

(One wonders if already in such a secure location, it is possible to return to a public area to hand off an item ineligible for air travel to a friend, or to mail it to oneself at the Post Office, or to find a storage locker until returning to DMK, and then return for personal re-screening again before one's flight.)

Thus, if the bag's owner is not around to open his or her bag with a suspicious or prohibited item, it seems Nok Air may not put the bag on board the aircraft. (This is unlike current practice in the U.S.A., where the T.S.A. will open any such bag in its X-ray screening area far from any passenger observation, remove and discard or sell at auction any prohibited item(s), and leave within the bag a courtesy card explaining what they did before they repack the bag and send it on for loading into the aircraft.)

attachicon.gifNokAir-Baggage-Procedure_DMK_eff2015-12-24.jpg

This is the point of the thread: thumbsup.gif

attachicon.gifNokAir-Baggage-Procedure_DMK_eff2015-12-24.jpg

On the Nok Air information it says 'if your checked-in baggage triggers an alarm, your might be asked to open and remove some items.'

Since the passengers are required to go to the screening room, again according to the information provided by Nok Air, I don't see the problem.

Re; Stevenl's comment, the "problem" might be that busy, stressed, or late travelers (myself occasionally included) may proceed directly to their gate, forgetting to hang around the X-ray-screening observation area to make sure their bags go through the process without any hitches.

Edited by Bruce404

I once had a "Seinfeld" moment with this particular airlines. Got to the counter and they told me the plane was full I had to wait for the next flight.....

"Excuse me? I have a reservation, here is my CONFIRMATION NUMBER, confirms I have a seat on this flight".

"Sorry Sir, flight is full next flight in two hours" Ends up they had a flight cancellation earlier in the day and just moved everyone onto the next flights......

"You see, you know how to take the reservation, but you do not know how to hold the reservation, the holding being the most important part".

I told them I was going to the gate and going to board that flight no matter what, they made me sign a waiver and I flew backwards in a stewardess jump seat in the back of the plane.

Will not EVER flight that airlines again.

Well, I hope that you didnt just sit their nonchalantly .

I trust that you got up and helped serve the dinners and gave an in-flight demonstration of emergency procedures and where the escape exits are?

I hope that you didnt let your colleagues down

1st ive ever heard of this happening anywhere, i take all sorts of stuff in my checked bags, sometimes entire desktop computers

You don't seem to understand that it is items with batteries in checked in bags that are the problem.

A battery can fuel a timer. Or if a lithium ion battery it can can cause a fire.

I don't give a monkeys if you've done it before, I don't want either on my flight.

this is new info for me...usually when our luggage did not pass the check in, we also cannot fly, until we clear the luggage.

Hopefully it doesn't happen when on transit flight. Many times I have to transit in Thai Airport.