SURVEY: Do you believe terrorists should receive the death penalty?

Scott

Should terrorists receive the death penalty  

266 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Problem I hear from folk from many countries , UK in particular I understand. I'm Australian. After second world war we had LOT of immigration from Europe. Some people copped lot of abuse from the Anglo living here. Thing is the Germans , camping others gave us magnificent wine knowledge. The Italians took on construction. They were sadly called <deleted>. They also gave us great food and culture. Later after Vietnam war we had MANY Vietnamese come here. Never serious problem because no religion involved.

Then Muslims came here. I recall protests at primary schools because the school was having Christmas scenes. For heavens sake. In Australia we have freedom of religion. Can I go there and do the same. I can't even have a beer in some stupid countries.

I hear and understand your frustration

But I am afraid the frustration , if not you, then for many, is directed at the wrong people.

Terrorism is not the disease Terrorism is the symptom

Cure the disease and the symptoms will go away

And NO Islam is not the disease also, Islam has existed for over a Thousand years with out terrorism,

I will not tell you what the disease is because you will not believe me . That you need to find out by your self.

You can start by looking to see what has happened since Terrorism started becoming such big problem.

Edited by sirineou

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A few on here have talked about other terrorists being as bad as the Muslims. Well the likes of the IRA etc kept their terrorism ,(and believe me I do not defend it) localised and only killed a small proportion of I faith or country. The difference with the Muslims is they kill worldwide. They seem to hate everyone. Even their own kind

Of course Man created religion. But you are missing the point. Terrorists (Islamic in the main) are motivated by their religion, not other men

Islamic in the main)

I don't understand. Can you explain? Do you mean most terrorists in the world are Muslims?

Sawadee1947,

Just in case you have been living on Mars for the past 20 years here are some facts about the so called Religion of peace

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks-2015.htm

A few on here have talked about other terrorists being as bad as the Muslims. Well the likes of the IRA etc kept their terrorism ,(and believe me I do not defend it) localised and only killed a small proportion of I faith or country. The difference with the Muslims is they kill worldwide. They seem to hate everyone. Even their own kind

I'm sure the relatives of that Small number of people including children, killed by the IRA will agree with you.

Edited by nontabury

Murder is murder, whether under the guise of terrorism or not. Provided there is undoubted proof of guilt, all pre-meditated murderers should be executed.

Hopefully this will include Irish terrorist.
and British and Scottish as Well, you neglected to include these...

I'm sure the relatives of that Small number of people including children, killed by the IRA will agree with you.

I agree ,just like the relatives of the hundreds of thousands,including children of those killed by Muslims would , don't show yourself up

or the Victims of War Crimes against The Irish by Soldiers of UK

Well if they had not bombed the British ,there would have been no need

Do you Really believe that Nonsense... My God Claude...

Of course Man created religion. But you are missing the point. Terrorists (Islamic in the main) are motivated by their religion, not other men

Islamic in the main)

I don't understand. Can you explain? Do you mean most terrorists in the world are Muslims?

Sawadee1947,

Just in case you have been living on Mars for the past 20 years here are some facts about the so called Religion of peace

I hope you pretending only to be stupid!

Your website are blinded by hatred and racism. Use your brain and count the fatal cases which are were commited by Christians e.g. ( Russians-Ukraine, Americas round the world with bombing and killing innocents e.g.)

Stop your useless quotes

Islamic in the main)

Sawadee1947,

I hope you pretending only to be stupid!

Your website are blinded by hatred and racism. Use your brain and count the fatal cases which are were commited by Christians e.g. ( Russians-Ukraine, Americas round the world with bombing and killing innocents e.g.)

Stop your useless quotes

Blinded by hatred and racism? No, educated by facts.

well done, an-mhaith (where are you from?)

Do you Really believe that Nonsense... My God Claude...

Remind me again, why were the soldiers stationed on the streets in the first place.
Just as an aside, did the IRA murder more civilians or soldiers in Northern Ireland ? You can include in this number the members of the Irish Garda who were also murdered by the IRA.

As the IRA were a terrorist organization, should all those convicted murderers have been executed or was it a price worth paying to release these murderers ( some of whom then went on to live amongst the enemy in England ) in order to seal the so called peace agreement.

Apparently the Muslims are having a quarrel at present after Iran executed 47. Or was it other way round with Saudi Arabia. Clearly just another spat in the crazy middle eastern world. The two camps of Muslims hate each other more than the infidels. Not to worry , sure they can work it out in another 1000 years.

I'm generally pro capital punishment & would like to see it return for certain offences including the murder of police or service personel in the line of duty or acts of terrorism involving deliberate loss of life. Miscarriages of justice (Derek Bentley, Guildford 4 to name two) and political correctness render the prospect unlikely, but this could be minimized by a mandatory 10 years prior to execution which in the 21st century should me ample time for any appeal to succeed should there be any doubt.

Re Mode; There's no easy way of going about it, but a fantasy for the likes of the pair that murdered fusilier Lee Rigby would be to turn them loose on Salisbury Plain at the start of the final assessment of the Sniper Cadre @ Netheravon...

The MOJ could call it 'community service' smile.png

Edited by evadgib

Yes ,and to Liberals as well ,bloody wimps [emoji56]

It's a tricky topic.

Right now a bunch of armed terrorists are occupying part of Oregon. These

Personally I don't believe they should all be gunned down. But I can see your point of view I guess- they are armed and they are dangerous and they've stated their willing to die (and to kill others) for their beliefs.

I guess I'm a wimp- I don't think these men should die. I imagine you believe strongly that they should.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/oregon-occupation-militia-willing-to-kill-or-be-killed-occupy-us-wildlife-reserve-a6794366.html

The interesting thing is this straw pole is currently about 80% in favour. That is amazing. In my country, Australia, we do not have death penalty .......anywhere.

Problem is there are less than 400k Muslim in Australia.

Yet so much friction and problem. Not the same as ANY other country or religion. Muslim wonder why many countries are over it and hence the imbalance on this pole. I hear in many of my travel Islam is a scourge. Why is that. BTW I'm agnostic. Live and let live.

The interesting thing is this straw pole is currently about 80% in favour. That is amazing. In my country, Australia, we do not have death penalty .......anywhere.

Problem is there are less than 400k Muslim in Australia.

Yet so much friction and problem. Not the same as ANY other country or religion. Muslim wonder why many countries are over it and hence the imbalance on this pole. I hear in many of my travel Islam is a scourge. Why is that. BTW I'm agnostic. Live and let live.

jacksam,

If you travel to an arabic country do not declare on your boarding card that you are Agnostic.

In the eyes of the muslims not believing in anything (any god) is worse than believing in a "false" god (their opinion not mine)

My previous attempt at posting this was deleted by the "gods" because of a typo. tut tut.

I first read the head as tourists not terrorists. Now that would be an edgy question. Death penalty for tourists?

Yes. But only for certain things.

Wearing those horrible Birkenstock sandals.

Wearing Singha / Chang singlets in public (unless you have the sculpted body of an adonis, in which case, go ahead and pass Go and collect your two hundred).

Talking in horrible bar-learnt thai in the assumption that somehow it makes you sound more like a local.

Standing in the wrong place when getting on and off the BTS.

Getting thai words tattooed on your body as a spiritual reminder of your holiday.

Wearing Birkenstocks. This needs to be said twice.

it's again amazing and shocking to see how expats abandoned their culture where there were raised up in. Where is your christian culture gone?

Or is it already DEMENTIA what is to be seen here?

It is intangible for me to understand you all who were voting for murder....!

In this way you are not better than the attackers....Take an eye for an eye. Disgusting for me.

Quite arrogant of you to assume anyone is christian or a deluded believer,which explains your flawed thinking and admitted lack of understanding. Dementia ( literally out of your mind) is a closer definition of those who hear voices (divine?) in their heads and dogmatically believe in something for which there's no more evidence than for fairies or Santa Claus. Ironic that you should quote the biblical text "an eye for an eye" and say it disgusts you. You sound very confused and bedevilled with contradiction....like most believers.

you don't know anything. Sorry.

WE DO live in a christian society. You would not deny it unless you will tell me you are Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, or similar.

Living in a Christian Society has nothing to do with "believer". It has to do with ethic and values.

And also please read my quote carefully next time: I was talking about Christian Culture in my post and not about BELIEVERS.

Maybe you suffer already from dementia? Also here you are wrong. Go for a dictionary...if you can read properly.

Who? Where is this Christian Society? As far as the death penalty goes the last executions in the United Kingdom were in 1964, for murder. In Australia 1967 and the victim, supposedly innocent (http://www.ronaldryan.info/) Case in point, you cannot bring back the dead. However Australian Prime Minister John Howard with outspoken Christian values urged the death penalty for the Bali Bombers in Indonesia. As long as it doesn't happen here in my country. But then he was fearful of either of them repeating allegations the CIA were involved. Can't have that can we?

A nice piece of "Christian" moral bending by Mr. Howard.

As for America, best not talk about them, but they're not Christians are they? Are they. A bit like the gun toting Buddhists in Thailand.

Canada abolished it in 1976, but tried to bring it back.

Love this shot of the "priests" getting nice and close to the action in Canada.

We repeat. Dead men tell no tales. Do they? Can't have that.

post-128430-0-48971600-1451910811_thumb.