The Phony Farang Syndrome Revised

TuskegeeBen

I have it on good authority that a huge constituency of Thais, actually view the over-all Farang population, with a considerable measure of mirth. This is mostly due to the abundant lack of solidarity within the over-all Aussie, American & British, triangularly-related expat communities.

I have heard from several Thais, that many farangs have a gossiping habit of “bad-mouthing” other farangs, in the presence of Thai people, e.g., the GF, who then further “talks”on. FYI~ Thai people do not respect foreigners, who behave in that manner. That being said, I’ll move progressively along.

Academically speaking, I do believe that many posters on this forum, are actually Thais “posing” as NES farangs. My rationale is based on the fact that I’ve never before seen, in my 72-years, such an arcane collection (on any forum) of such temperamental western expats, crouched like “Pit Bulls” (at their desktop monitors), awaiting any excuse to vent their life’s frustrations, against another expat poster (whom they have never actually met), and, @ the slightest provocation.

For example, as recently as December 31, last, I posted a comparative “on topic” reply comment, regarding the cultural character differences between Thailand & Vietnam. My comments were not in the least bit inappropriate (according to TVF rules & protocols) or even berating of Thailand. Indeed, my comments were based solely upon my own objective observations, as a foreigner, within both cultural environments.

Ditto, the exact same (abundantly seen on the forum) posters replied, as if I had just urinated into their personal rice bowls. There appears to be a genre constituency of certain posters, who’s English “writing” composition skills, are excellent, yet their “reading” comprehension skills, appear to be severely handicapped. That much is evidenced, by the disproportionate tone of their written replies. I defer that group as The_Phony_Farangs_

Are there any other real farang posters, who have made similar observations? And yes, I already know that I’ll receive a barrage of bigoted, reversed finger-pointing replies, from the usual “Pit Bull” gallery. No worries about that, since I’m not one of those “thin-skinned ” snitchers, who clicks the report tab, whenever the Pit Bulls begin to bark & snarl @ me.. Happy New Years, and cheers! wai.gif

If you could help me see the point you are making I might be able to comment better.

I think the point is that his posts contain such wisdom that anyone who dares to disagree with them must be a Thai masquerading as a farang.

A remarkable conclusion to reach, I think you'll agree.

That is because they might think all "ferangs" are the same.

Americans are by far superior in every respect to other Farangs Jealousy among other Farangs make them critical to Americans tongue.png

There is as much difference between 'farangs' , as there are differences among Asians

and there are as much solidarity among 'Farangs' as there is among Asians

If you could help me see the point you are making I might be able to comment better.

A displayed level of solidarity (much like the Russians, East Europeans and Scandinavians), within the Red, White and Blue Farang community, would be a great place to start. Try it, for a change. You just may like it wai.gif

A displayed level of solidarity (much like the Russians, East Europeans and Scandinavians), within the Red, White and Blue Farang community, would be a great place to start. Try it, for a change. You just may like it wai.gif

especially the incredible solidarity among the Scandinavians and the Russians.

Why cant we have some of that?sad.png

Americans are by far superior in every respect to other Farangs Jealousy among other Farangs make them critical to Americans tongue.png

There is as much difference between 'farangs' , as there are differences among Asians

Americans are superior? Huh? Can you explain to me, how you arrived at that phenomenal conclusion? Asians (Thais included) are the most successful people, in OZ, the UK and the USA. The prevailing level of solidarity among the Asians, is now legendary, throughout the western world. I can cite a few examples, if you'd like.

Edited by TuskegeeBen

Thais masquerading as farangs?

As one who has edited hundreds of thousands of pages of English written by Thais, and can spot such a creation from 500 meters, I assure you that you're barking up the wrong tree.

No Thais in that tree.

"mericans are far superior to other "ferangs?"

this has got to be the laugh of the century - so far

those from "the land of the fleeced & the home of the afraid" have nothing to feel superior about

I know i use to live there

As one who has edited hundreds of thousands of pages of English written by Thais, and can spot such a creation from 500 meters, I assure you that you're barking up the wrong tree.

No Thais in that tree.

Perhaps I've been seeking specific relief, in concluding that the hyper-sensitive, reactionary level of temperamental replies, just on this forum, must be coming from Thais, instead, masquerading as Farangs. I've never met expats (in the 14 different countries, I've worked/resided) who behaved so negatively toward each other, as I've witnessed, here in Thailand. However, your point is well received. Thank you,wai.gif

No Thais in that tree.

Perhaps I've been seeking specific relief, in concluding that the hyper-sensitive, reactionary level of temperamental replies, just on this forum, must be coming from Thais, instead, masquerading as Farangs. I've never met expats (in the 14 different countries, I've worked/resided) who behaved so negatively toward each other, as I've witnessed, here in Thailand. However, your point is well received. Thank you,wai.gif

Have you considered the possibility that some people just happen to disagree with what you post?

This is a forum, after all. An exchange of opinions is kind of the point.

especially the incredible solidarity among the Scandinavians and the Russians.

Why cant we have some of that?sad.png

Perhaps it's the bipolar, manic-depressive gene banks, permeating the Anglican dominated societies. A perfect example of that behavioral pattern, can be vividly seen, right here, by a different poster on this thread. Observe!

Edited by TuskegeeBen

Omg murica strikes again.

So - basically the Thai's see us acting like themselves? The side they don't like US to see?

Chalk it all up to being human.....Ethnic pride is probably a stand alone built in barrier - there are some I avoid - along with certain places & type people that frequent them....My life → my choice....

There are probably some very interesting farangs here....A few of which I know.....

Hard to get to know a lot away from the bar scene - hard to get alot of them to say howdy/hello in the malls or stores.....

There's a lot of rude farangs here.... The settled down ones are usually happier and easier to get to know.....

As abrasive as the OP topic is, I wonder if you are not attracting negativity by you posting style?

There was no abrasiveness intended. Truth has a tendency to bite hard, very hard, and then push the reactionary hot buttons, especially when the shoes fit snugly, to the appropriate feet. Eh? whistling.gif Hopefully the OP topic will contribute to raising the solidarity "consciousness" level, of a very fragmented expat community. Good Morningcoffee1.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen

To me some posters stand out as not being farang,but try to give the impression they are farang. The ones that seem to take a political view of things makes it apparent they have a hidden agenda.The ones that try to make others take a side on thai issues or label other posters as color of shirt orientated,when it is none of our business only discussion.Those that try so hard to make us understand thai ways of seeing how the world works. I could go on and may come back in the future to expand on it but that is all for now.

I doubt it. Any Thai that has the English language proficiency to keep up with all the jargon, banter, and whimsical comments on here would likely be of the opinion that we (TVF members) are mostly scum and wouldnt bother keeping up with our opinions about TH or anything else.

As abrasive as the OP topic is, I wonder if you are not attracting negativity by you posting style?

There was no abrasiveness intended. Truth has a tendency to bite hard, very hard, and then push the reactionary hot buttons, especially when the shoes fit snugly, to the appropriate feet. Eh? whistling.gif Hopefully the OP topic will contribute to raising the solidarity "consciousness" level, of a very fragmented expat community. Good Morningcoffee1.gif

TuskageeBen: Thai Visa'a voice of unity.

Unless the OP can come up with examples of when he has actually urinated in somebody's personal rice bowl, I have to think he is talking absolute cobblers, and knows eff-all about whether a response is as if someone had urinated in someone else's rice bowl, or not.

There are far too many people that come on this forum spouting off the most errant nonsense about which they have no personal experience.

SC

I doubt it. Any Thai that has the English language proficiency to keep up with all the jargon, banter, and whimsical comments on here would likely be of the opinion that we (TVF members) are mostly scum and wouldnt bother keeping up with our opinions about TH or anything else.

Projection is never far away....I will give you mine.

Any thai that has.............be of the opinion that....... there are alot of things wrong in our country but as most of the foreigners living here are not united because of lack of moral compass, change is not gonna come from them !

Edited by benalibina

Unless the OP can come up with examples of when he has actually urinated in somebody's personal rice bowl, I have to think he is talking absolute cobblers, and knows eff-all about whether a response is as if someone had urinated in someone else's rice bowl, or not.

There are far too many people that come on this forum spouting off the most errant nonsense about which they have no personal experience.

SC

Yes and it's getting worse..this is bs and his opinion..