Why is Hezbollah targeting Israeli troops?

webfact

Why is Hezbollah targeting Israeli troops?

606x341_320331.jpg

Bomb planted near Israeli convoy
Israel fires missiles into Al-Wazzani
Hezbollah vows revenge for death of militant in Damascus

What has happened?

Hezbollah says a bomb that targeted Israeli forces at the border with Lebanon was planted by a cell from the group named after a slain prominent militant.

The Shia Islamist organisation said the device was planted by the “Sami Qantar” group.

It exploded in the disputed area of Shebaa Farms, which straddles Lebanon and the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights.

An Israeli military spokesman said armoured vehicles were targeted in the attack in what is also known as the western Mount Dov.

No one has been killed although there have been injuries.

The bombing triggered Israeli shelling in response, which hit the nearby town of Al Wazzani.

People have reportedly been injured.

What is the context?

The killing of a prominent militant in Syria last month has increased tension between Tel Aviv and Hezbollah.

Samir Qantar died in a missile strike on the capital, Damascus.

The Israeli government welcomed news of his death but has not confirmed claims that it was responsible.

The armed group, however, has pledged to hold Tel Aviv to account for Qantar’s death.

Who is Sami Qantar?

A Lebanese Druze
Spent 30 years in an Israeli prison for an attack which killed four people
Released in 2008 in Hezbollah prisoner exchange

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-01-05

I think the article makes it crystal clear why Hezbollah is retaliating against Israel.
OP,..
"Hezbollah says a bomb that targeted Israeli forces at the border with Lebanon was planted by a cell from the group named after a slain prominent militant.
The Shia Islamist organisation said the device was planted by the “Sami Qantar” group."
[named after the Hezbollah affiliate Israel assassinated a couple of weeks ago.]
As I said at that time
If this is [israel Versus Hezbollah] round 3, I hope readers will recall who fired the first shot as usual.
Why rattle the Hezbollah cage unnecessarily? What is Netanyahu up to?
Edited by dexterm

Why is Hezbollah targeting Israeli

I don't know

Because the most recent act was of violence by Israel against Arabs. It is simple, and fair, retaliation.

It's a silly question really.

LOL. Totally clueless. The Druze turncoat was loathed by the Druze community for his embrace of Hizbollah who have targeted Druze in the past. In case you forgot, the Shiite Hizbollah consider the Druze to be heretics and enemies of Islam. He was a murderer, no matter how much you may want to describe him as a wonderful man, and he was allied with the barbaric Assad regime. He had plenty of enemies in the region. If Israel was able to get him, they did so based upon information from the Druze community who wanted this traitor dead.

Why is Hezbollah targeting Israeli

I don't know

Because the most recent act was of violence by Israel against Arabs. It is simple, and fair, retaliation.

It's a silly question really.

I was being sarcastic,I know very well what the reasons are, But I am sure this article , like the scent of S#%t will soon attract the Israeli apologist flies, and after many years in this forum I am tired of swatting flies.

This Euronews reporter is really useless and a waste of (reading) time.

Why are there tensions between Israel and Hezbollah? One more obvious reason than the reported one could be, that Israel is actively supporting the Syrian rebels, a. k. a. "moderate beheaders", which includes Al Qaeda and ISIS, which turn out to be enemies of Hezbollah.

Isn't it interesting, that there are no incidents reported between ISIS and the Israeli Army? For readers, who don't get their information exclusively from Euronews, the answer is NO, of course.

Report: Israel treating al-Qaida fighters wounded in Syria civil war
Israeli Military Admits to Supporting Al Qaeda and ISIS in Syria
Israel acknowledges it is helping Syrian rebel fighters
UN Reveals Israeli Links With Syrian Rebels
UN Reveals Israel’s Support for ISIS

I wonder (no, not really anymore), where this so-called Euronews "reporter" has his background information from. Scary, but unfortunately not surprising.

PS: Thank you TVN for rating this article as news-worthy... Weird, to say the least.

I think the article makes it crystal clear why Hezbollah is retaliating against Israel.
OP,..
"Hezbollah says a bomb that targeted Israeli forces at the border with Lebanon was planted by a cell from the group named after a slain prominent militant.
The Shia Islamist organisation said the device was planted by the “Sami Qantar” group."
[named after the Hezbollah affiliate Israel assassinated a couple of weeks ago.]
As I said at that time
If this is [israel Versus Hezbollah] round 3, I hope readers will recall who fired the first shot as usual.
Why rattle the Hezbollah cage unnecessarily? What is Netanyahu up to?

Maybe he is trying to veer the media away from his wife's corruption allegations. giggle.gif Argentina's female president did that often when hit-the-fan.gif and brought up the Falklands. passifier.gif