UK: MPs to debate calls to ban Donald Trump

webfact

MPs to debate calls to ban Donald Trump

LONDON: -- MPs are to debate whether to bar Donald Trump from entering the UK in response to a public petition calling for action against the US Presidential candidate.

About 568,000 people have backed a petition calling on the tycoon to be barred for comments he made about banning Muslims from the US.

Labour MP Paul Flynn will lead a debate in Westminster Hall on 18 January. David Cameron has condemned Mr Trump, who has major business interests in the UK, but said he should be allowed in.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-35238349

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2016-01-06

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The UK is drowning in a sea of Muslims and Arabs of their own, probably most of the people who signed the petition are of the above, and not many yeas from now, the UK will be ruled my Muslims and Arabs majority...

While the welcome mat is laid out for Middle Eastern immams and their supporters to preach and settle in the UK and spread their anti-semitic, anti-gay, anti-modern world hate speech. Go figure?

Hate speech is not allowed and hate speakers are expelled or banned, muslim or otherwise.

Does Trump fit that bill?

While the welcome mat is laid out for Middle Eastern immams and their supporters to preach and settle in the UK and spread their anti-semitic, anti-gay, anti-modern world hate speech. Go figure?

Hate speech is not allowed and hate speakers are expelled or banned, muslim or otherwise.

More British muslims have joined ISIS in Syria than have joined the UK armed forces...nuff said!

Liberals sure don't like freedom of speech

More Right Wing hysterics. What is a Parliamentary debate if not an expression of free speech? What is the process of organising and presenting a petition if not an expression of free speech? Why is Foot in Mouth syndrome so prevalent on TVF?

More British muslims have joined ISIS in Syria than have joined the UK armed forces...nuff said!

No, there is not necessarily a connection between your 2 different statements.

It's all connected. It's because of views like yours that has caused Europa to cut its own throat. Europeans now live in a world of cancelled new years celebrations, daily train station evacuations and shutdowns, and now the closing of their internal borders. This all because of decades of misguided politically correct immigration policies.

It's all connected. It's because of views like yours that has caused Europa to cut its own throat. Europeans now live in a world of cancelled new years celebrations, daily train station evacuations and shutdowns, and now the closing of their internal borders. This all because of decades of misguided politically correct immigration policies.

I will not get in a accusation/flaming war with you, so let's just say I disagree with your point of view.

Have a good day.

Ban Him ? welcome him with open arms , just like we did to that guy who walked through the channel tunnel, was given asylum a home and money to spend every week . even though he had walked through lots of safe country's already .

Ban Him ? welcome him with open arms , just like we did to that guy who walked through the channel tunnel, was given asylum a home and money to spend every week . even though he had walked through lots of safe country's already .

But he might be the founder of the next Apple or Google...best to welcome them all just in case ?

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Liberals sure don't like freedom of speech

More Right Wing hysterics. What is a Parliamentary debate if not an expression of free speech? What is the process of organising and presenting a petition if not an expression of free speech? Why is Foot in Mouth syndrome so prevalent on TVF?

So if I got enough votes for the extermination of all Muslims in Britain, you think that should be debated in parliament because it's an expression of free speech and democracy?

Of course not.

Same thing.

Dear Basil B

Parliament is going to debate the petition you signed – “Block Donald J Trump from UK entry”.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/114003

The debate is scheduled for 18 January 2016.

Once the debate has happened, we’ll email you a video and transcript.

Thanks,

The Petitions team

UK Government and Parliament

Yes, they will debate it but there will be no vote on the issue.

Probably Teresa will impose conditions on any future visits he makes.

Now where is that "turncoat" Hains and his shovel when a certain golf course could do with a few extra holes. gigglem.gif

Ban the idiot and ban him from Asia as well

He is not welcome with his dumb views and myopic views on foreign affairs

^^^ Translated: Chee doesn't believe in freedom of speech. End of.

Course he does, you just have to agree and support his views. Anything else must be wrong and so it's ok to ban it.

Usual PC Liberal Lefty comment.

I would love to listen to that debate.

While they are at it, they should debate the merits of repealing the Magna Carta.

I'm sure you can, if you tune in to the BBC Parliamentary channel.

I'm British but consider this a stupid debate, but I guess the size of the petition provides the trigger. You will notice the debate is not in the chamber itself, so I am uncertain as to what validity any vote would have. I think it would not be enforceable.

We have a guy walks through the channel tunnel and enters the country illegally, but instead of prosecuting him he is granted asylum!. But we wish to ban someone who appears to be reflecting a large chunk of US opinion, whether individuals agree with him or not. I recall he called for a ban 'until the US authorities could get things sorted out", not a permanent arrangement. Blimey, the US closed it's skies to everyone after 9/11.