Netflix - streaming from outside Thailand

phetphet

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those wanting to sample the US library - if you install the hola.org plugin in Firefox or Chrome, it will get you there for free. Unfortunately, both of those browsers are limited to 720P though.

Edited by IMHO

Same as US prices but only 10% of whats available there. Pretty crappy

For movies, Netflix Thailand has less than five percent of the US library. Not exactly value for money in Thailand, is it?

It is for a one month for free trial,that's all I will be doing,cancelled it already.

Fantastic price for a months viewing.

I tried Unlocator, and very impressed. Easy to install, either for all devices by changing the modem DNS, or selectively per device. I have installed on my Apple TV and USA Netflix now works with very acceptable quality and no buffering on a 55" TV with an 18mbs internet connection.

Duh ... No need to search. Just enter the category number as per hack on the whatsonnetflix site.

http://whatsonnetflix.com/netflix-hacks/the-netflix-id-bible-every-category-on-netflix/

For example http://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/83

Gives you all tv shows.

They're not really hidden though...

e.g. Just hover over browse and click the "TV Shows" link. From there use the drop down to select a sub-genre ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a US account. I noticed that when my VPN was disconnected, US Netflix wasn't blocked.

Netflix apparently only checks when the content is being requested. If your VPN disconnects the current content plays on. However when you request another piece of content it fails. Edited by sniffdog

I have a US account. I noticed that when my VPN was disconnected, US Netflix wasn't blocked.

Netflix apparently only checks when the content is being requested. If your VPN disconnects the current content plays on. However when you request another piece of content it fails.

That makes sense - the TCP/IP session is already established - unless it gets interrupted it's not going to re-negotiate the connection again.