I don't get why comprehensive insurance is so high here.

giddyup

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As some of you have suggested, the comprehensive must have been buried in the package purchase, but itemised in error as the 967B price.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone, and I apologize to everyone I called a buffalo.

I would voluntarily delete my account in contrition, but ThaiVisa doesn't let us do that. Instead, I'll go try to hang myself from the nearest rose bush.

Edited by Fookhaht

As some of you have suggested, the comprehensive must have been buried in the package purchase, but itemised in error as the 967B price.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone, and I apologize to everyone I called a buffalo.

I would voluntarily delete my account in contrition, but ThaiVisa doesn't let us do that. Instead, I'll go try to hang myself from the nearest rose bush.

No need for that, none of us rang up our insurers to curse at them for their charges, or cancelled our policies smile.png

We've all been certain about something wrong before too :P

Edited by IMHO

Spoken like a man!!

If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

Comprehensive insurance for my pick up cost me 9000 Baht it's a quarter of what I used to pay in Australia. That's my experience to date.

That's what I had mine down to on my 9 year old D Max before I bought the new Triton, then I had to start at 20,000 baht for the first year, now 17,000 baht second year.

Comprehensive insurance for my pick up cost me 9000 Baht it's a quarter of what I used to pay in Australia. That's my experience to date.

That's what I had mine down to on my 9 year old D Max before I bought the new Triton, then I had to start at 20,000 baht for the first year, now 17,000 baht second year.

even at 20k Baht it's cheaper than what it cost us to comprehensive insure a 10 year old Honda CRV. Here are the figures for the Honda in Melbourne. Registration $840.00 comp insurance $1200.00 multiply by 25 and it comes to 51250 Baht. In my instance, it's cheaper here for me.

My insurance this year is 55,000 baht... I reckon my Wife has already done more damage than that !!!

My only complaint about insurance here is that they don't provide a loaner...

You have the wrong policie or insurance company as loaners are available with some companies

Name the Companies then.
Indeed... Name them pls...

I'm on my 5th car here... Various insurance companies... Never had a loaner included....

I didn't say that the loaner was included, I said it was available. It costs a GRAND ฿100 per day Edited by sometimewoodworker

Geez, what an eye-opener.

Guess I'll stop complaining about my 996-baht per year comprehensive policy for my 2-year old Toyota Hilux.

It'll cost you a lot more if u put an engine in it
. Already have the engine. It's the chassis I need. ;-P

I didn't say that the loaner was included, I said it was available. It costs a GRAND ฿100 per day

Please could you give details of which company had a loan vehicle available - I have been here and insured for 12 years and asked the various agents and brokers I've spoken to during that time at every renewal about the possibility of a loaner vehicle and I've yet to find one.

I'd appreciate the name as would several others that have posted.

Thanks in advance.

Please could you give details of which company had a loan vehicle available - I have been here and insured for 12 years and asked the various agents and brokers I've spoken to during that time at every renewal about the possibility of a loaner vehicle and I've yet to find one.

Thanks in advance.

DELETED

I do not have firsthand knowledge of the policy or conditions so if you want more information you should direct your questions to the original poster. The information was not on this forum but on CoolThaiHouse, the screen name of the OP is Rodger Ramjet the post is dated Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:44 pm. I don't know if he is on ThaiVisa.

Edited by seedy
discuss moderation

Higher risk, plus on top of that the habit to, on occasion, help out the person without insurance by agreeing to hold the insured person liable.

So I'm carrying all the non-insured, probably unlicenced, in the event of an accident, even if I'm in the right?

30 years in the UK industry....

In a nutshell, the driving is pretty dire and the way the insurers go about rating the policies wouldn't wash it from where i'm from...

A typical UK insurer would factor about 100 things into rating a motor insurance policy...

here you could count them on one hand....

The level of cover provided too is an n'th of what you'd get in the UK...

You need to check very carefully what the policy actually covers - especially the limits in respect of third party injury and property damage....

Edited by properperson

I didn't say that the loaner was included, I said it was available. It costs a GRAND ฿100 per day

Thanks in advance.

AXA for bu heart 3 days.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the costs are comparable for what you get.

As observed by other posters, Thais tend to claim for just about everything (especially if the car is new), and it is often accepted by the insurance company, which helps push up costs. Most policies don't have any excess unless you ask for it. We got a puncture in the sidewall of the tire which was replaced by insurance at 6000 Baht. There was a small star in the windscreen and my wife insisted we get a new windscreen at a considerable cost to the insurance company. In Australia, you would never get away with such claims, or the excess wouldn't make it worthwhile claiming.

Is it normal here to claim for punctures - or for policies to cover it?

I also had my windscreen replaced after it got a stone chip and then crack - and found my premium increased at next renewal because of it.

Had the windscreen damaged on my previous car and the insurer offered to replace it. I refused as it is often the case that results, in a leak, because fitting them correctly is not always achieved. Got them to do a repair on the crack which was on the passenger side so legal in the UK too.

Insurance here is so cheap, I suggest you look at costs in uk at least 4 times more expensive.

Not if you are entitled to a full no claims discount. More importantly it depends what your postcode is and varies dramatically as a result.

Bring cost down with named drivers 2009 d max 4 door pick up 8500bht last year class 1 2000Bht excess named drivers Mrs and me only. Ps she has no licence either but that's another thread.

Also we are in Thailand not home countries you can't compare prices all countries insure in diffrent ways

The insurers/brokers here always automatically offer cover for everyone to drive! Seems to be the Thai way whereas in western countries extra drivers cost extra normally. In Thailand if you have named drivers only and add your wife the premium will usually be lower than owner driver only!

Bring cost down with named drivers 2009 d max 4 door pick up 8500bht last year class 1 2000Bht excess named drivers Mrs and me only. Ps she has no licence either but that's another thread.

Also we are in Thailand not home countries you can't compare prices all countries insure in diffrent ways

The insurers/brokers here always automatically offer cover for everyone to drive! Seems to be the Thai way whereas in western countries extra drivers cost extra normally. In Thailand if you have named drivers only and add your wife the premium will usually be lower than owner driver only!

"In Thailand if you have named drivers only and add your wife the premium will usually be lower than owner driver only!"

Are you sure about that?

"In Thailand if you have named drivers only and add your wife the premium will usually be lower than owner driver only!"

Are you sure about that?

l've just gone from any driver to my wife and I only ... 5300thb reduction ...if someone else drives it and a claim ...I pay the 1st 6000thb ...good dea!. That was on my EV.

Insurance here is so cheap, I suggest you look at costs in uk at least 4 times more expensive.

Not if you are entitled to a full no claims discount. More importantly it depends what your postcode is and varies dramatically as a result.

and what you drive, insurance here is silly cheap.

Thanks in advance.

DELETED

I do not have firsthand knowledge of the policy or conditions so if you want more information you should direct your questions to the original poster. The information was not on this forum but on CoolThaiHouse, the screen name of the OP is Rodger Ramjet the post is dated Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:44 pm. I don't know if he is on ThaiVisa.

sometimewoodworker - you mentioned that loaners are available with some insurance companies and that we (I) must be with the wrong companies...

when pressed a link to a housebuilding forum is the only information you can offer to back up your statement ????

We can only conclude you are full of it.

IF anyone else has first hand knowledge and the name of a company which Includes Loaners in their premium - Please name the companies.

You have the wrong policie or insurance company as loaners are available with some companies

Name the Companies then.
Indeed... Name them pls...

I'm on my 5th car here... Various insurance companies... Never had a loaner included....

Is it a Grand (B1000) or B100 per day ???.... I'm assuming you made a typo and missed out a Zero, so, B1000 per day...

So, this isn't a loaner... its a Rental !!!!!!

Did the insurance cover this cost of the 'Rental' ????

By being so vague it leads us to believe you really have no details and don't really know...

DELETED

sometimewoodworker - you mentioned that loaners are available with some insurance companies and that we (I) must be with the wrong companies...

when pressed a link to a housebuilding forum is the only information you can offer to back up your statement ????

We can only conclude you are full of it.

IF anyone else has first hand knowledge and the name of a company which Includes Loaners in their premium - Please name the companies.

If you contact Rodger Ramjet he is the one with the full information and he is the one who gave the figure of one hundred baht (not one thousand) per day, and I have given enough information to locate the post.

If you have been a member of DELETED and made enough posts to activate the PM function you will be able to send him a message.

I will not pass on second hand information that I have not verified myself, and as I am not interested enough in this subject I leave that to those who are. Unlike some people, I do try to make sure anything I post is correct and if I'm not sure I qualify the post.

If you are really interested you will take the time to get the information firsthand. It's up to you. Maybe you will share the results.

Just because the main purpose of coolthaihouse is building in Thailand does not exclude other information from being posted.

Edited by seedy
RULE 13

Why even bother mentioning it then ????? really some of the responses here are moronic... Apologies, but yours included. Posts such as this would have people on a 'Wild Goose Chase'.... It's perhaps best you go back to working your wood and only post on subjects you have any actual knowledge of rather than... stating a fact which then turns out to be 'I read on another forum'.

You also now suggest I join another forum then make a 'enough number of posts' to activate the PM function and then contact a complete stranger because you once read that he wrote something about car insurance....

While I accept that you may be trying to be helpful this has to be one of the most unhelpful helpful posts I have ever read !!!!...

Thanks anyway....

Or could you ask Rodger Ramjet from coolthaihouse.com to join this forum as he won't need to make a certain number of posts before he can PM Me !!!... See?... it all gets rather silly when pumping out crappy hearsay information....

Edited by seedy
Quote hidden post