UK Tourist Visa for Girlfriend.

It cost me 100 Baht to get a letter from the Bangkok bank confirming money in my accounts.Unfortunately, they will not include information on mutual funds in the same letter as savings accounts so 2 letters were required. It took 3 days. Mutual funds are accessible overseas through mBanking and ATM cards so I decided to include these too.

Glad that things worked out from your point of view. I have to say that I think it is scandalous that the UK government allow this practice to continue.

Front line immigration officers have a difficult job at the best of times and to be denied a tool that would be of significant benefit is quite ridiculous.

Border Force Officers do have access to the online application at the Port of Entry, together with any amendments and notes that may have been entered onto the system by the Entry Clearance Officer when considering applications.

They also have access to the Warnings Index, this is a stand alone system with terminals at each desk and can be accessed by a swipe of the passengers passport.

Border Force Officers will also be advised by other team members, they used to be called ALO's, Airline Liaison Officers, of any persons of interest on particular flight via advance passenger information, you will sometimes see BF officers at the gate when passengers disembark.

That is certainly good to hear. Should have been posted earlier rather than some obscure reference to decision makers.

I am surprised that ECOs are making amendments to effectively archived files, not often that flexibility is built into a system. Glad to see that the government has followed through with the system to assist in border control.

Everyone wants to blame the EU but real control lies at the entry points.

My Mrs got her 6 month visa today. 8 days since we dropped off the docs at Trendy.

This time, however, they didn't return any of the supporting docs; only returned the old passports. Next time I'll have a lot more photocopying to do!

Should have been posted earlier rather than some obscure reference to decision makers.

I hardly think that "decision makers" is an obscure reference, that's what ECO's are, and that's how the UKVI refer to them in the various published guidelines, maybe if you could see past your criticism of everybody else that actually tries to offer meaningful advice to the actual questions posed by the OP, and maybe offer some advice yourself your posts might actually mean something.

I am surprised that ECOs are making amendments to effectively archived files.

As a person who has been grateful to be able to actually follow the published advice and amend the hard copy of the application to ensure the information reflects the facts, I'm glad the people who make the final decision are actually able to update the facts entered in the online submission, I suspect my wife's application would be refused otherwise, is that what you would like to see happen?. Not sure that I agree with your take that the files are archived at the initial submission stage, surely these are working files and they need to be kept up to date to ensure that the Border Force Officers have access to up to date information at the UK Border.

Edited by thonglorjimmy

My Mrs got her 6 month visa today. 8 days since we dropped off the docs at Trendy.

This time, however, they didn't return any of the supporting docs; only returned the old passports. Next time I'll have a lot more photocopying to do!

That's a bit strange, my wife's passports came back a couple of weeks ago with a pile of photocopies included.

Well done on the visa, they normally return the original supporting documents when you supply copies as well, though they have been know been known to retain the originals even when you've supplied copies, I can only assume in error. You could request that the originals are returned if you've supplied copies, I did that once when they did the same to me.

Well done on the visa, they normally return the original supporting documents when you supply copies as well, though they have been know been known to retain the originals even when you've supplied copies, I can only assume in error. You could request that the originals are returned if you've supplied copies, I did that once when they did the same to me.

The only original docs I supplied were the old & current passports.

Normally they return all the photocopies which I generally reuse. Yesterday only the passports were returned.

I wonder if it's worth asking where they are?

That's a bit strange, my wife's passports came back a couple of weeks ago with a pile of photocopies included.

Yes, a little annoying especially with the different sized photocopies of land papers not returned. They normally give these back.

• 1 year later...

Hello All,

I am back again. I will be submitting another visa application next month. The difference is that my girlfriend is now my wife and she is currently unemployed. Actually, she is a housewife.  I foolishly did not keep a copy of the previous application and am not sure about a couple of dates, but other than that, everything seems in order. However, I wonder whether it is worth including any information in the last page of the form, displayed below. Information about assets in Thailand will focus on my savings and that will be covered in my sponsor letter, with attached bank statements.  Although we do jointly own a house here I have only mentioned the same and its value in the letter but not included a copy of the title deed (should I include that as it shows both our names as co-owners). I will also provide evidence of being employed here by the same company for the past 25 years and current salary. Anything worth adding? 

Additional Information.JPG