Lax > Bkk Airfare ?

michael804

aifare advice request

Exotic Bangkok is calling & i need a few pointers fellers...

(it called before,,, but i didn't have the baht to answer)

I have been pricing tickets from west coast US, to Bangkok, and @$800.00USD round-trip seems fair enough.

1. China Airlines beats all... but is it worth the few extra $ to fly EVA?

I can go anytime, as i own my own small business. I just have to commit to taking a break. (which i need badly)

2. when is the off(cheap) season?, & why? What is the weather difference?

Would like to book hotel in advance... but don't want to get burned.

3. I do appreciate any advice on a good, mid-range hotel in Bangkok (will explore

surrounding towns later)

4. What is the best travel publication (other than this forum) for a single farang in paradise to have?

WoW, four questions in one post!?!?

Can you handle that fellers? LoL

Edited by michael804

aifare advice request

I have been pricing tickets from west coast US, to Bangkok, and @$800.00USD round-trip seems fair enough.

1. China Airlines beats all... but is it worth the few extra $ to fly EVA?Unless you are flying the Evergreen Delux class, stick with China Air. They take the same route LAX to Taipei to Bangkok.....

I can go anytime, as i own my own small business. I just have to commit to taking a break. (which i need badly)

2. when is the off(cheap) season?, & why? What is the weather difference?We are just coming off the OFF season now. The next 6 months are the high season. Temperatures are the same as now, but we don't have the monsoon rains.

3. I do appreciate any advice on a good, mid-range hotel in Bangkok (will explore

surrounding towns later)Prior to moving to Thailand I used to stay at either the Honey Hotel or Federal Hotel. I will try and get their reservation addresses for you. Both hotels are clean, convienient to Sukhumvitt and rather inexpensive.

4. What is the best travel publication (other than this forum) for a single farang in paradise to have?Wouldn't know, but everybody seems to use the Lonely Planet guide.

Have a good trip, forget making a schedule if you have never been to LOS before.

EVA Evergreen Deluxe is worth every penny of the approx. US$150 extra for return fare.

Seats are almost as roomy as Biz Class, decent legroom for anyone up to 6'2" or so.

I use it exclusively from Vancouver and always get enough sleep that I am not whacked out and achy the next day.

EVA Evergreen Deluxe is worth every penny of the approx. US$150 extra for return fare.

Seats are almost as roomy as Biz Class, decent legroom for anyone up to 6'2" or so.

I use it exclusively from Vancouver and always get enough sleep that I am not whacked out and achy the next day.

Go with Eva - Evergreen Delux is tops!!!! :o

Go with Eva - Evergreen Delux is tops!!!! :o

I agree 100%. go to evaair website and look at the web specials. you can fly evergreen deluxe for around the price you wanted. As for hotels. I like to stay on Ratchada. 13 coins hotel is 15-20 u.s. Next door is the Grand hotel. 40-50 U.S. get a deluxe room double if you want a lady friend along. Best breakfast I have experienced. Stay away from the Emerald because it smells of mildew. Merchant Court is overpriced for me, but a nice hotel. My Thai GF refuses to stay there because they ask her to show id like a bargirl. If you stay near Ratchada, eat at the 13 coins and go to the El Gaucho restaraunt on the 3rd floor. Very nice atmosphere, early evening entertainment and a laid back environment. Of course, all the large entertainment areas are near. But that is for another forum.

Edited by doninusa

aifare advice request

1. China Airlines beats all... but is it worth the few extra $ to fly EVA?Unless you are flying the Evergreen Delux class, stick with China Air. They take the same route LAX to Taipei to Bangkok.....

2. when is the off(cheap) season?, & why? What is the weather difference?We are just coming off the OFF season now. The next 6 months are the high season. Temperatures are the same as now, but we don't have the monsoon rains.

surrounding towns later)Prior to moving to Thailand I used to stay at either the Honey Hotel or Federal Hotel. I will try and get their reservation addresses for you. Both hotels are clean, convienient to Sukhumvitt and rather inexpensive.

4. What is the best travel publication (other than this forum) for a single farang in paradise to have?Wouldn't know, but everybody seems to use the Lonely Planet guide.

Have a good trip, forget making a schedule if you have never been to LOS before.

I'd say that even a few $$$ more for the nonstop LAXD-BKK flight would be worth it to avoid the stopover in Taipei. And you will not find many other airports more boring and featureless than TPE for a stopover. TG also offer a premium economy class on that run. TGs new A340s that they use for the LAX and JFK nonstops are very new, modern and spacious.