British teacher to sue Bangkok clinic after lip job goes wrong

webfact

Teacher who used £50 Groupon filler to get lips like Kylie Jenner repulsed when her lips are disfigured
BY RHIAN LUBIN

Amelia Greville, 24, who teaches in Thailand, was horrified when lip fillers she got done through Groupon turned infected

LONDON: -- A teacher who used a £50 lip filler in a bid to emulate Kylie Jenner was horrified when the product turned her lips lumpy, swollen and blue.

Amelia Greville, 24, who works in Bangkok, claims the lip fillers she got done through Groupon Thailand contained illegal silicone instead of Juvéderm - which usually costs about £400 - she believed she had purchased.

Horrified, she returned to the clinic to have the £50 fillers dissolved but following another injection to correct it, there was no change.

Amelia, originally from Reddich, said: "I need surgery to help with the major discomfort and pain I feel in my lips and the lack of confidence it has given me.

"Around 2 months after having the filler injections, I began to develop hard lumps in my lips.

Full story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/teacher-who-used-50-groupon-7133530

-- Mirror 2016-01-08

she's got no chance of getting anywhere with legal proceedings, stupid women.

Where does it say she's pursuing legal proceedings?
Err, the title? "British teacher to sue Bangkok clinic after lip job goes wrong"..?

she's got no chance of getting anywhere with legal proceedings, stupid women.

Where does it say she's pursuing legal proceedings?
Err, the title? "British teacher to sue Bangkok clinic after lip job goes wrong"..?

Where does it say it in the article, though?

I had a few issues with Groupon Th.

Staff were not correctly trained and monitored.

Lessons were not learnt.

Now they are no longer operating in Th

However, Groupon head office still has responsibility, as they announced in the media.

The "small print" re a voucher from a 3rd party is trickey.

She will need to push head office and the company where she redeemed the voucher.

Best chance will be Head office

"I need surgery to help with the major discomfort and pain I feel in my lips and the lack of confidence it has given me.

Vanity does have its drawbacks.

Sure but all the guys want pretty girls.. so its normal for them to do stuff like this to improve on themselves.

Perhaps if the British teacher got her lips done at the same place as Jenner it would be a different story , hard luck tales like this surface from disillusioned patients from time to time when getting treatment of this kind in Thailand, do your research well before doing anything medical in Thailand, if only they would consult TV forum more often it would save a whole lot of problems.. ..............................................coffee1.gif

I feel sorry for the girl - but according to the article it seems she has enough funds to correct the mistake, so it may have a sort of happy ending.

A lesson learned hopefully - if a deal is too good be true - it is often the case. I know the private hospitals are often pricier than the clinics, but these facilities also have the whole system standing by if something should go wrong.

I know a lady in Thailand who injected several capsule of Silicon in her face from a lady who claim it s easy. and no problem .it was OK for 1 year after injection , then her skin start to turn red with pimples and discomfort.

now she try to remove the Silicon from her face in a hospital. they have to cut her and scratch the Silicon under the skin. the lady is not finished(many surgeries needed) , she wear glasses and a mask. I saw picture of her before the injection and she look OK. but you know these people follow South Korean magazine where people have a long face and open eyes with silicon in the chin.

what a mistake!