'Whiteness Helps You Win,' whitening cream ad tells Thai women

webfact

Whitness may help you get a Thai man but foreigners prefer bronze/olive skin colors. Many caucasion women spend thousands of US dollars to come to tropical zones to get brown so what does that tell

you.

That people like different things.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whitness may help you get a Thai man but foreigners prefer bronze/olive skin colors. Many caucasion women spend thousands of US dollars to come to tropical zones to get brown so what does that tell

you.

What chance does a well to do Bangkok girl have of getting a decent western guy compared to a Thai partner (1 in 50??). They are not interested in 47 year old fat alcoholic bar-flies. Therefore the whiter they are, the more likely they are to pairing up with a richer Thai guy. Not nice, but certainly their reality.

i don't care which complexion as long as they don't talk too much or even better, don't talk at all. however, as soon as i hear the high pitched "thai massaaaaaaaaaaaat" or "hey you" i feel like ... manslaughtering no matter how dark or light.

Western interpretation of the body language on the pic:

Whitey: "Ya b****h, ya ain't ever gonna get a homie pop dat trunk, you ugly dark b****h yo"

Darkie: "<deleted> ya on about whitey b****h, I gonna slap ya ass ho"

Bitchslaps all around. I kinda like it.

i got me one of those dark skinned Thai beauties you hear about with me right now.

you know the ones with the real long black hair.

i have lookin' her over real good.

she don't need that fancy whitening cream that city folk use.

see has the most smooth and flawless skin in these here parts.

she is 43 and looks 35. i ain't seen no white women like that before.

and her teeth look good too. better than my horse.

she keeps telling me she does not like her nose. not sure why. cute as a button.

she is so slim and not a ounce of fat on her. i hope she is not sick.

i reckon i'll keep her. but i can't understand half of what she says.

"but i can't understand half of what she says."

every cloud...

It is appalling for a company to exploit the obsession with white skin and all the prejudice displayed towards dark skin.

However they are probably correct in their claim that pale skin helps some get what they want in any society that holds such views.

Such a depressing situation.

"It is appalling for a company to exploit the obsession with white skin and all the prejudice displayed towards dark skin."

How about exploiting the obsession to sport a tan?

92995922e5dc7f0169f69d92bef31dd2.jpg

Tanfastic Dark-Tanning Oil, 1966

It's interesting that this ad is 50 years old.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=old+tanning+ads&tbm=isch&imgil=15igMCy9j2_VeM%253A%253BIanvq6nxPwhZ-M%253Bhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.pinterest.com%25252Fmaytheyogacat%25252Fthe-60s%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&tbs=simg:CAESzgEaywELEKjU2AQaBAgFCEMMCxCwjKcIGmIKYAgDEijUEZQd2RGSFPAc-hGSHYAU2BGTFJguly7yJK8tryXkLeMt0i_17LYYyGjB2DeMwqa-um9k5TOdyfRpBzvXyiy3hb5cUFwfk-2o75JFUsfqMhUYiFXdgWQNXUq8gAwwLEI6u_1ggaCgoICAESBFNY5v4MCxCd7cEJGjcKCAoGcG9zdGVyCggKBm11c2NsZQoNCgthZHZlcnRpc2luZwoFCgNsZWcKCwoJaHVtYW4gbGVnDA&fir=15igMCy9j2_VeM%253A%252CIanvq6nxPwhZ-M%252C_&biw=1024&bih=653&usg=__ZKOIq1PjZ3MwFXj9fs4Ha2yDENQ%3D&ved=0ahUKEwi4ua3v75vKAhVPj44KHQfYAtgQyjcISQ&ei=A4qQVvirHM-eugSHsIvADQ#imgrc=WSDDw4AY8IvrcM%3A&usg=__ZKOIq1PjZ3MwFXj9fs4Ha2yDENQ%3D

i don't care which complexion as long as they don't talk too much or even better, don't talk at all. however, as soon as i hear the high pitched "thai massaaaaaaaaaaaat" or "hey you" i feel like ... manslaughtering no matter how dark or light.

Then don't visit the areas where you hear this. There's a lot to explore.

this is racism to the highest order!!!!

protest, leave now!!!!

crickets...

well, write to your embassy!!!

ah, forget it..........well, at least we did some posting...

i'm sure thread posts helped the jews, blacks, indians, etc.....

coffee1.gif

if it's any consolation, us fat, smelly, ugly, tattoo laden w a. nk e r s are perceived as "hansum" because of the white skin.

tattoo laden: no comment

hansum: yes

fat: no

ugly: no

smelly: no

young (-45), rich, in good shape, witty (even in thai language), hòm dee though a little blèèèk: yes

Did I forget to include "humble" and "secure-confident"on the list ?

according to your humble self description why are you not living in tokyo dating a slew of japan airlines flight attendants?

Edited by atyclb

I frequently ask my Thai woman to repeat after me: White is bad, black is beautiful. She looks at me like I am from another planet. The level of brainwashing here, due to the rich and hi-so people always being presented on TV and in the movies as light skinned, and super rich, is astonishing.

I am always amazed how often I meet a gorgeous, bronze skinned Thai woman, and comment on how beautiful her dark skin is, how she responds with a derogatory statement about herself. They are absolutely conditioned to believe the nonsense, and the hype about whiteness. I find many women with very white skin to look sick, anemic and unattractive. I find many women with darker skin to look gorgeous, and healthy.

I guess it cannot be held against a company for using these silly beliefs to sell a product. And I guess it is hard to condemn a population for believing the hype, when that is all they are exposed to. I try to explain that in many places in Europe darker skin is considered a sign of affluence. People go out of their way to get a nice tan, as it is considered attractive. Thais just don't get that at all.

This is one of the reasons why I tell my friends who have never visited, that Thailand is NOT a foreign country. It is a distant planet!

Hey you...

Looks like you need a massage.

It is appalling for a company to exploit the obsession with white skin and all the prejudice displayed towards dark skin.

However they are probably correct in their claim that pale skin helps some get what they want in any society that holds such views.

"It is appalling for a company to exploit the obsession with white skin and all the prejudice displayed towards dark skin."

Tanfastic Dark-Tanning Oil, 1966

It's interesting that this ad is 50 years old.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=old+tanning+ads&tbm=isch&imgil=15igMCy9j2_VeM%253A%253BIanvq6nxPwhZ-M%253Bhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.pinterest.com%25252Fmaytheyogacat%25252Fthe-60s%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&tbs=simg:CAESzgEaywELEKjU2AQaBAgFCEMMCxCwjKcIGmIKYAgDEijUEZQd2RGSFPAc-hGSHYAU2BGTFJguly7yJK8tryXkLeMt0i_17LYYyGjB2DeMwqa-um9k5TOdyfRpBzvXyiy3hb5cUFwfk-2o75JFUsfqMhUYiFXdgWQNXUq8gAwwLEI6u_1ggaCgoICAESBFNY5v4MCxCd7cEJGjcKCAoGcG9zdGVyCggKBm11c2NsZQoNCgthZHZlcnRpc2luZwoFCgNsZWcKCwoJaHVtYW4gbGVnDA&fir=15igMCy9j2_VeM%253A%252CIanvq6nxPwhZ-M%252C_&biw=1024&bih=653&usg=__ZKOIq1PjZ3MwFXj9fs4Ha2yDENQ%3D&ved=0ahUKEwi4ua3v75vKAhVPj44KHQfYAtgQyjcISQ&ei=A4qQVvirHM-eugSHsIvADQ#imgrc=WSDDw4AY8IvrcM%3A&usg=__ZKOIq1PjZ3MwFXj9fs4Ha2yDENQ%3D

Not only that! As I have pointed out before: there is a huge difference between a fashionable atn (or lack of it) and being a 2nd class human being, because you are not white!

come on, you have to be joking, whiteness does nothing for me at all, I much prefer my wifes natural skin colour. All this is, is a bullsh*t add to make the gullible thai women think it helps them get a husband and to buy these crap products. Skin colour makes no difference what so ever, it who the person is that counts, this appeals to those women that are self obsessed only, any with half a brain knows it is bullsh*t.

I think it's a chinese hangover into Thainess, there are many Thai men who like white skinned girls and women who believe this crap.

I wonder what the health price for rubbing this stuff on your body is, bet it is not very good for ones health.

Just googled medical info says It is not safe to use skin whitening creams on your own as you don't know what your getting, the label may say one thing but content may not what is said.

Useing a cream from a dermatologist then you know you can trust the label, but in LOS ???

Edited by kiwikeith

I seen one lady with skin so white it was like porcelain,

very creepy.

regards Worgeordie

The" superstars" on thai tv overdo it sometimes, I guess its mostly make-up but they end up with a silver complexion and it looks absolutely ridiculous.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Please tell me where I supported this type of advertising?

My post was directed at the repulsive racism that lay behind this whitening campaign. It is disgusting that any company can use such prejudice and bigotry to promote their product.

And as bad that anyone would defend or try to deflect attention from their actions because they view any criticism of Thais as Thai bashing.

come on, you have to be joking, whiteness does nothing for me at all, I much prefer my wifes natural skin colour. All this is, is a bullsh*t add to make the gullible thai women think it helps them get a husband and to buy these crap products. Skin colour makes no difference what so ever, it who the person is that counts, this appeals to those women that are self obsessed only, any with half a brain knows it is bullsh*t.

Dark Thai women often end up with farangs as Thai men are not interested

Whitening soaps and creams are good sellers in Japan too. Beauty is, indeed, in the eye of the beholder. Judging personal worth on the color of a person's skin has been around for at least 2,000 years and is regrettable. It still persists though. America seems to be making some progress thanks, in great part, to the election of a blackish man as president. If his skin were much darker and his features more African could he have been elected? I very much doubt it. That's an example of colorism in action. People with very dark skin have a tougher road in life.

Well...Da Brothers be no liking it....but when you have Chiang Mai Private school officials claiming no knowledge that a parade showcasing their students in WW II Hitler costumes was not a problem.... or the bill board in the phuket area promoting the big "H" and a product ... what do you expect... where is the cultural big cheezziesss,,more festival of lights..

boycott the company's product line..wai2.gifclap2.gif

Edited by Rhys

you.

It tells you about wealth and status. A fairer skinned Asian or African looks like someone without the need to do farming or outdoor work. On the opposite end, a Caucasian with a suntan appears to have enough wealth and freedom to enjoy travel and not be stuck behind a desk. In fact prior to the 20th century and the birth of modern travel, fair skin was generally seen as somewhat refined in the West, whereas a suntan belonged to the gardener. Similarly in places like India and Africa, being fat is an indicator of prosperity, these attitudes still very much prevail today.

Many people are commenting on this thread as though it's a Thai thing, whereas it's actually there throughout Africa, South America and South Asia as at least as much as in this region. Worldwide, it's presumably an inherited prejudice from the days of colonialism. It's certainly not going to go away here when so much of the wealth in the country is from Chinese ancestry, and two of the cultures most admired are among the palest and most prosperous in the region... South Korea and Japan. Seoul Secret anyone?

Edited by lamyai3

the best thing is where/when they bleach their skin at some dodgy clinic, then get this terrible ACNE (caused by the treatment), and then go to acne treatment clinic. costs them a lot of money which they lend from some dodgy loan shark or bank. utter idiotic / mongoloid / TIT.

giggle.gif

Yep they ruin their skin and they know it and still it doesn't stop them.

Anyone know what the pills and injections are?

Snake oil, sure but is their any alleged active ingredient.

At least where I come from (Northern Europe) I think we have long since surpassed the notion that a tan signals wealth. It does sort of scientifically improve your appearance though, adding shadows that pronounce your features and also hides some blemishes. And i also guess a lot of people just thinks it gives a more fresh and vibrant look. I think the whiteness craze in Asia is a giant step above the minor tanning craze in the west.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I frequently ask my Thai woman to repeat after me: White is bad, black is beautiful. She looks at me like I am from another planet. The level of brainwashing here, due to the rich and hi-so people always being presented on TV and in the movies as light skinned, and super rich, is astonishing.

I am always amazed how often I meet a gorgeous, bronze skinned Thai woman, and comment on how beautiful her dark skin is, how she responds with a derogatory statement about herself. They are absolutely conditioned to believe the nonsense, and the hype about whiteness. I find many women with very white skin to look sick, anemic and unattractive. I find many women with darker skin to look gorgeous, and healthy.

I guess it cannot be held against a company for using these silly beliefs to sell a product. And I guess it is hard to condemn a population for believing the hype, when that is all they are exposed to. I try to explain that in many places in Europe darker skin is considered a sign of affluence. People go out of their way to get a nice tan, as it is considered attractive. Thais just don't get that at all.

This is one of the reasons why I tell my friends who have never visited, that Thailand is NOT a foreign country. It is a distant planet!

" I frequently ask my Thai woman to repeat after me: White is bad, black is beautiful."

Is that not the same thing but in reverse? bricks and glass houses